FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » What is Your favorite Rum?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
What is Your favorite Rum?
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-24 07:13 am   Permalink

All kinds of dark demeraras
Appleton Extra, Havana Club 7 and blanco, Barbancourt 15, El Dorado 3 year cask aged white, Mount Gay XO, Clèment VSOP, Zaya, Zacapa 23.

[ This Message was edited by: Little fragrant Tiare 2009-10-24 07:17 ]

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-24 10:16 pm   Permalink

This is one of those things that can change day-by-day I guess. My current favorites are Lemon Hart Demerara (I've only recently been introduced to Demerara rums) and Saint James Royal Ambre.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority on the Royal Ambre as I've seen much more favorable notices for the Saint James Extra Old, but I'll defend Royal Ambre to the death. Especially when it's sitting next to Appleton Estate 12 year in my Mai-Tai.

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-10-24 11:58 pm   Permalink

Due to the recent Pyrat Pistol sale at Bevmo, I stocked up quite heavily. As a result, I can say that Pyrat Pistol is now clearly my favorite affordable sipping rum, over Pyrat XO (I once loved it but now feel it is too one dimensional), over Zaya / Ron Zacapa 23 (slight bitter after taste, but still acceptable), and over Diplomatico (almost great but tainted by very slight sulfur smell). Long live Pyrat Pistol.

EDIT:
okay, skip the Pyrat Pistol. My new favorite sipping rum is El Dorado 12yr Demerara, I like their 15yr Demerara too, it's a little less sweet and little more complex.

OH! Zafra Master Reserve 21yr is worth checking out too, very unique as it's aged in bourbon barrels.

[ This Message was edited by: Hakalugi 2012-04-30 11:45 ]

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dash
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-22 5:30 pm   Permalink

Juist got back from my honeymoon in Saint Lucia. Don't know if it was the west indies or the new wife or the rum, but I fell in love with Admiral Rodney's extra old St. Lucia rum. yummy. brought two bottles home.

View Profile of dash Send a personal message to dash  Email dash     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-24 10:29 am   Permalink

here's my current favourite:

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 3:34 pm   Permalink

Depending if i'm sipping or mixing. I like Zaya,Pyrat XO,Meyers dark, and of course all of the Appletons. My current go to rum is Doorleys. It's a Bajan rum-great in a mai tai or with an ice cube in your finest snifter. Just bought a bottle ( very inexpensive) of La Negrita and a bottle of Origine. The cane for Negrita is from Martinique and shipped to France for distillation.At under 8 bucks(Total Wine Brea, Ca) I 'm gonna give it a try this evening. I already popped the screw-cap. has a surprisingly complex nose after you get past the first fairly strong whiff of alcohol. The "Origine" I know nothing about cept is was about ten dollars off the reg. 28 bucks at Albertson's. Report to follow when I wake up. I love summertime.
Cheers

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2012-05-16 15:36 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-18 11:48 am   Permalink

My favorite is Captain Morgan Tattoo rum! It goes really well with Diet Fresca. You should try it some time! Let me know what you think!

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-18 12:06 pm   Permalink

Seriously, I like the El Dorado 15. Fantastic all by its lonesome, sublime in a rum Old Fashioned or Swizzle

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-18 4:39 pm   Permalink

I tried the "Origine" amber with Meyers dark and used the classic tv mai tai measurments.I wasn't totally happy with the the results. Oh, it was very good but I want an outstanding and exquisite one when I put a lot of effort into crafting a drink. I tweaked the amount of orgeat (increased a little,little bit) and I was very happy with the result. I'm anxious to try em out on my tiki freak circle and see if I get any positive comments. I'm going over to Albertson's and grab a couple more bottles while they are still on sale. 19 bucks as opposed to 28/29$
Cheers

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2012-05-19 19:07 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 10:10 pm   Permalink

Tanduay, the rum na rum of the Philippines is my favorite legally attainable rum.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation