FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Happy Thanksgiving!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Happy Thanksgiving!
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 7:45 pm   Permalink

I love how I can ride my bike down the street on Thanksgiving without getting run down and cursed at by thousands of drivers. Perhaps not what the founders of Thanksgiving had in mind, but I enjoy it. Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 7:50 pm   Permalink

Happy T-Day to everyone...Will you all be drinking as heavily as I to make it through another fun filled family day at Mom's?

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 7:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-24 19:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Yes, let's enjoy the recoginition of the further destruction of native American culture and the proliferation of 'manifest destiny'...

Amen! I wrote a song on the uke you may be interested in! Let's keep in mind the people who really brought us Thanksgiving. Hint: they didn't dress in black and white clothes with a lot of brass buckles.
-FB

P.S. Be thankful for those who love/tolerate you as well as those you love/tolerate and misfortune not had!

[ This Message was edited by: FREAKBEAR on 2004-11-24 20:48 ]

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 7:53 pm   Permalink

Happy family time together with your relatives. Remember your ancestors, and try not to fight about Unions like I did with my Mother in law last year. I had that song "Motherinlaw" running through my head the whole weekend...

I wonder what sort of reaction will be brought this December 25th when I wish everyone "Dies Natalis Solic Invite"?

I'm gonna go reread Burroughs' "Thanksgiving Prayer" now.

TG

I hope my editing this doesn't invalidate it...

[ This Message was edited by: tikigardener on 2004-11-24 19:57 ]

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
limptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 8:38 pm   Permalink

There is something akin to tiki about the holiday since there were also pagans at the table right?

View Profile of limptiki Send a personal message to limptiki  Email limptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 11:57 pm   Permalink

Happy Thanksgiving to all my TC Ohana!

I give thanks everyday that I have a decent job but would it be too much to have Thanksgiving off for a change? This is my 8th T-Day in a row that's gonna be spent bathed in the phosphorescent glow of my editing booth!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 06:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

All one has to do is cook and serve their relatives for Thanksgiving this year and then next year no more family obligations!!!!

... and there you have it. If God didn't mean for us to eat people, why did he make them out of meat?

Cheers!

http://www.cybertiki.com

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 06:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-24 19:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Yes, let's enjoy the recoginition of the further destruction of native American culture and the proliferation of 'manifest destiny'...

Pursuant to my previous post, I'll be roasting and eating a Pilgrim this year.

Cheers!

http://www.cybertiki.com

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 06:40 am   Permalink

Marian and I are thankful for all the good times we've had with our friends from Tiki Central this year and that we survived the 2004 hurricane season --strangely enough -- with good memories. I bet TCers who were at the Hukilau are about the only ones who can say that!
Have a great Makahiki everyone!
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
islandgirl808

Posted: 2004-11-25 2:37 pm   Permalink

Aloha Everyone,

Have a Happiest Thanksgiving!

Much Mahalo's from the islands

View Profile of islandgirl808 Send a personal message to islandgirl808  Email islandgirl808     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 9:07 pm   Permalink

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Best of all wishes. Pour yourselves a nice one for me.

(Pouring a nice one for myself.)

Cheers!~

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-11-28 12:18 pm   Permalink

My relatives are all too chewy or fatty to make a good meal. Old drunks have terrible meat on them.

hat: good one. But Smiley's right: Getting bent at home is reason #1 to own a home bar.

At the stroke of midnight on Turkey Day, I was sitting in Trader Dick's with a Navy Grog in one hand, a great cigar in the other (thanks, Mr. Smiley!), and $172 in video poker winnings in my pocket. Now THAT'S a Thanksgiving!

(All winnings subsequently sacrificed to the evil god roulette. Damn!)

RE: Thanksgiving-

To paraphrase the Proopdog, the reason the Pigrims were thrown out of England was because they were no damn fun. They wore belt buckles...on their heads.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 07:21 am   Permalink

Bump to 2005

I would like to give THANKS to my familia , Mrs,Bamboo, Tiki man Jack and Bonzai Blake....for understanding that this will be the first year that I will be with out them on that special day. THANKS BOO FAMILY !!!!! (boo hoo boo hoo)

I would also like to give thanks to the tiki gods for making me so god damn busy that I can barley babble on TC anymore.

Also to the KONA CLUB . Soon to be the bay areas mini Mai Kai. ( the owners are doing it right! )

Also to Crazy Al for helping me save my back on above job and future one's too.

We'll be working at the Kona Club on Thanksgiving Day. Anyone in the area driving by...... just put some leftovers on the bench outside and we'll find em.

Tiki Tiki !!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-23 07:43 am   Permalink

if gloria gaynor was a turkey...

http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/view.pd?i=382219626&m=1652&rr=y&sou

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 07:52 am   Permalink

Moved to Ohana!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation