FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Happy Thanksgiving!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Happy Thanksgiving!
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-24 19:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Yes, let's enjoy the recoginition of the further destruction of native American culture and the proliferation of 'manifest destiny'...

To mis-quote Linus: "Isn't there anyone who knows what Thanksgiving is all about?"

How about George Washington?

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 2:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-23 07:21, RevBambooBen wrote:
Bump to 2005

I would like to give THANKS to my familia , Mrs,Bamboo, Tiki man Jack and Bonzai Blake....for understanding that this will be the first year that I will be with out them on that special day. THANKS BOO FAMILY !!!!! (boo hoo boo hoo)

I would also like to give thanks to the tiki gods for making me so god damn busy that I can barley babble on TC anymore.

We'll be working at the Kona Club on Thanksgiving Day. Anyone in the area driving by...... just put some leftovers on the bench outside and we'll find em.

Ben - we surely miss the barley babble from you these days. It's just not the same...We tried Kashi babble from Tiki-Bot, but he just pissed everyone off. We'll bring you guys some leftovers on the way home from my sister's, we're taking 3 kinds of pie, pumpkin, pecan and cutie (insert photo of Carter here, I can't post pics, duh...) I cracked the whole family up with THAT one this morning!

Thanks to the Boo family for giving US Bay Area folks Ben this year, so we can have a tiki tiki Christmas and many more in 2006! Happy Tofurkey Day!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 4:17 pm   Permalink

Happy Turkey Day! I hope everyone has a great holiday season.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 07:41 am   Permalink

IT'S SNOWING!!!!

(Providence, RI)

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 09:42 am   Permalink

To everyone out there, have a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has a Special day.
Thanks.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 09:46 am   Permalink

Eat Lotsa Turkey you Turkeys!!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 09:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-24 07:41, cynfulcynner wrote:

IT'S SNOWING!!!!

(Providence, RI)

It's 70 degrees! we're eating on the patio!

(Bay Area, NorCal!)

Sorry, I grew up on the East Coast, I need to gloat....

happy T-day

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 10:01 am   Permalink

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!!

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 10:14 pm   Permalink

OK, it wasn't 70 degrees, but it was still nice! We took some turkey and trimmings to Ben and Al, and I will say that in a few weeks, the NorCal people will have something to be thankful for! The Kona club is coming together quite nicely. Thanks Ben and Al, for working through Thanksgiving, away from your loved ones, to give us an amazing tiki bar!

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 10:54 pm   Permalink

Turkey Day Sucks, if your in the hospitality business.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-25 12:03 am   Permalink

Ahhh... So much to be thankful for!
i hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
The Royale clan had a fantastic evening at Trader Vic's in S.F. Mmmm... turkey from the Chinese oven!
The food was excellent as were the drinks and the hospitality was first-class (of course).
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-26 3:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2005-11-25 00:03, Tiki Royale wrote:The Royale clan had a fantastic evening at Trader Vic's in S.F. Mmmm... turkey from the Chinese oven!
The food was excellent as were the drinks and the hospitality was first-class (of course).

" Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra! "!!
(It sounds like a WONderful meal, BTW.)

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Big Texas hug to my ohana eveywhere

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 8:25 pm   Permalink

Actually, I saw a History Channel show which had a spokesperson from one of the native American nations describing how Thanksgiving is a day of mourning for them because it was the beginning of the end of their culture.

On a different subject, Thanksgiving initially was a harvest feast; A day of thanksgiving would have been a religous and more subdued day.

Given all of that, the basic moral of human beings helping human beings, strangers helping strangers, is the most important message of any holiday we have.

Also, most of us probably could use such an opportunity to reflect and give thanks for the good things we enjoy.

http://www.history.com/minisites/thanksgiving/viewPage?pageId=874

[ This Message was edited by: christiki295 2006-11-19 20:31 ]

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 11:53 pm   Permalink

Forbidden Island will be closed for T-day.

TofuJoe and I picked up our Now & Zen unturkey today and have been cleaning the house in preparation for my mom's immenant arrival (although, I don't know why; it'll never be clean enough for her, regardless).

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thistle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-21 11:59 am   Permalink

Happy T'day, everyone,

We will be smoking a turkey breast & a ham, roasting a turkey in the oven (for those diehards who want dark meat), & hosting dinner for 16 (11 adults & 5 kids). I hope the weather is nice, so everyone can go outside.

I'm also doing apps-salami, country ham, numerous cheeses & crackers, hot crab dip, & (for the main meal), a vegetable side dish that I love-sauteed cabbage, mushrooms, sauerkraut, bacon. Everything else has been farmed out to the guests- one is doing m. potatoes & green bean cassserole, the other is doing sweet potatoes & pies. My BIL is doing breads & rolls (I have backups). My only wild card is my MIL is coming in & will do her cornbread dressing (& I have to get all the ingredients)-she likes to do 2 sheet pans, but I haven't figured out how to tell her to downsize (ok, I'm scared, I'll just let her fix what she wants)...I think it'll be a great T'giving, regardless...

View Profile of thistle Send a personal message to thistle  Email thistle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation