FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events MONDO TIKI
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
MONDO TIKI
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 09:11 am   Permalink

Holden previously said he "blocked 100 rooms at $159 per night". Does anyone know if that block of rooms is specifically for TC people, or is it for his vendors and close friends? This kind of sounds like it this may be a mad scramble for Hard Rock rooms, since events like Viva Las Vegas usually have their rooms pre-sold almost a year in advance.

WaitingCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 10:00 am   Permalink

The mondotiki website is built but there are a few last details that are keeping the HR from posting the site. In the meantime, you can book discounted rooms by calling (800) 473-ROCK and be sure to mention "Mondo Tiki"... this is my 1st announcement of the #/code so call asap as the rooms will book-up fast. The room rates are $179 per night, not the $159 promised earlier on by the HR. As far as entry goes into the event, the cost is $20 and can only be paid at the poolside entrance to the event. Your room rate does not include entry into the event.

The event is slated for Noon - 11pm with The Eliminators, Ape! and Cherry Capri/Thurston Howlies providing the live musical entertainment. Between acts, Capitol Records will be on-site spinning Ultra Lounge. Charles Phoenix is debuting his "Retro Hawaiian Holiday Slideshow" which is a part of his God Bless Americana Series on a giant 20'x20' screen. Appleton's is pouring the drinks - there are 3 tiki bars. Top-shelf cocktails are slated at around $5 or $6+ in a plastic tiki tumbler.

The entertainment will culminate in the evening with Hawaiian Hula Dancers & Fire Jugglers.

Also what's cool is that James Teitelbaum will be on site debuting/signing his "Tiki Road Trip" book. Doug Nason will be there with photos from his recent trip to Bali and of course our very own Sven will be there, too. Tiki Central will be represented and I still have to make contact w/Otto to get his nod for attending Mondo.

We're at over 20 vendors and the wares they're exhibiting include such things as...
handpainted tiki mugs
tiki pendants
handmade tiki clocks
tiki t's
carved tikis
women's tiki garments
tiki prints
hand-painted tiki surfboards
aloha shirts
tiki original paintings
Ultra Lounge cd's
temporary tiki tattoos
tiki stickers
... lots more

Also, the HR will be selling commemorative Shag t's and posters plus the event is the official debut of the Shag Mondo Tiki $5 gaming chips & Shag gaming table layouts. We'll be selling a ltd. qty of 600 (2 glazes, 300 per glaze) giant Shag MONDO TIKI MUGS for $35 - limit 1 mug per attendee. Shag will be there to personally sign the hangtags.

I'm heading out of the country on business and after I return, I will be keeping you updated with news, etc. on Mondo.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 5:06 pm   Permalink

...wish i could be there...

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Lanai in exotic Bel Air MD!

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2003-03-12 17:08 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 6:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-06 07:01, thebaxdog wrote:
Is there any reason to be out there on Fri. night besides it's just VEGAS BABY?

MONDO VEGAS TOUR BABAY!!!

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ElDiablo

Posted: 2003-03-13 3:39 pm   Permalink

If you stay at a different Hotel, can you still get in to the MONDO TIKI?

Hard Rock will not take you as a Saturday arrival, it will have to be Friday and Saturday. They also said 179.00/night and not 159.00 as Holden stated, I don't know if the lady was drinking but I wonder...

Also where do you get tickets?

Help!

View Profile of ElDiablo Send a personal message to ElDiablo  Email ElDiablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 08:11 am   Permalink

As far as entry goes into the event, the cost is $20 and can only be paid at the poolside entrance to the event.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 9:43 pm   Permalink

Play the luckey 7 !! I had this crazy week that had a ton of 7's in it. Way more than usual. Like freaky man!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-20 12:46 pm   Permalink

Here's the first sneak preview. There's quite a bit more that will be added to the site in the next day or 2!
Holden
http://www.hardrockhotel.com/mondotiki/

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-25 11:56 pm   Permalink

if you snooze........ you will looze!!!!

MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-26 7:52 pm   Permalink

The site's fully-up... www.mondotiki.com ! The Hard Rock advised me that for your $179 room they WILL include FREE entry into the event (normally $20) for 2 adults!!

MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-30 8:47 pm   Permalink

IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH!! Your $179 per night (2-night min) discounted room rate at the Hard Rock DOES get you free admission into the event for 2 adults ($40 value) as well as 2 ltd. edition HR/Shag commemorative poker chips (1 chip per room guest - 2 chips per room max)!!! In all reality, these chips will likely trade for a minimum of $25+ each as soon as they hit the street! For rooms - call (800) 473-ROCK and mention MONDO TIKI.

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-01 11:58 pm   Permalink

Who's going?.............

SwinginTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-02 01:07 am   Permalink

We're already hooked and booked.

View Profile of SwinginTiki Send a personal message to SwinginTiki  Email SwinginTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-04-02 12:07 pm   Permalink

I'll be there, as I'll be in Vegas for the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly weekender at the Gold Coast (Thurs.-Sun.). We're staying at the Palms because it's across from the Gold Coast. I would like to ride on the tour bus as well but I would miss too many good acts at the show that night.

We'll probably head over to the Hard Rock around 5, after the car show at the Gold Coast. I'm looking forward to meeting you Ben!

Las Vegas tip: dine at the Golden Steer Steakhouse on Sahara just west of the strip. For a great steak, excellent service, and an old style Western steakhouse atmosphere. We go every year (this year on Thursday night) and wouldn't miss it when in Vegas.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-02 12:46 pm   Permalink

I'll be there for sure. In fact I'll be debuting my new line of tiki tee shirts. Keep an eye out for the Kika Tiki booth.

Looks like were gonna be doin it all over again in a couple of weeks Ben.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation