FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events December 31 2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
December 31 2004
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 08:22 am   Permalink

Floratina,

No need to worry, I did not have a clue as to what your actual golf score was (perhaps you beat all of us). It was simply a caption that seemed appropriate for an obviously staged photo. Your performance was wahndurful dahling.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-03 10:46 am   Permalink

Casey announced that "New Years at the Tropics" should be a new tradition--and I think it should be a new reality TV show on the Playboy channel (bear included)!!

Dangergril and I had a blast!!!! Thanks for the great idea, Casey.

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2005-01-03 11:41 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-03 12:17 pm   Permalink

I heard that the big white bear is a filthy liar!

I *thought* I was having "relations" new years eve with the big hairy bear like the rest of you, but it turned out to be big hairy Mr. Smiley!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 1:26 pm   Permalink

Hey all -- I'm working on the pics, but it's pretty slow going... the fotki servers are all wonky, likely because everyone and their uncle are uploading holiday pics right now. But lemme tell ya... there are some doozys!

I had a fantastic time, whoda thunk I would have kicked off the new year by exploring my inner plushy and learning my toes' hidden talents. 2005 is sure to be a year of discovery!

Thanks are due in many directions... Casey first and foremost not only for extending such an incredibly generous offer to us, but by not even flinching at our encrusting the Reef Bar with heretofore inconceivable amounts of insidious confetti. Thanks are due also to Al & Shelley, for both organizing a perfect dinner to kick off the evening, and for later hosting the afterparty. And huge, huge mahalos to Moki for fighting against nature and being up at an ungodly hour New Year's Day to prepare the most delicious Kalua Pork plate lunch extravaganza for us... it was just what our bellies needed.

More to come later as I get out from under this mountain of pictures...

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 1:40 pm   Permalink

Happy New Year!

I finally got an opportunity to revisit Tiki Central (I think my last reponse was page 6). Thank you for joining us for what we hope will become an annual event. We appreciate the business.

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 4:21 pm   Permalink

Here's the deal with my pictures from this weekend... I simply cannot bring myself to select which photos to link directly here on TC... I guess I'm having motherly feelings and just can't pick favorites. I invite anyone who'd like to pull out their own favorites to share with everyone to do so. In the meantime, I'm going to provide a link to the albums, with a quick summary of the contents.

Alright, round one of the pictures:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/nye2005/preparty/

These are pictures from our dinner at Ichiban (locations in Minneapolis, Reno, Winnepeg, and Palm Springs!). Highlights include Al-san providing a stirring and health-code violating cooking demonstration, Sven pointing out what a NOT-TIKI MUG looks like, seemingly every possible sort of alcohol on the table, magic and wine demonstrations from Weird Unc, and the realization that the back of a Buddha NOT-TIKI MUG looks kinda like the Grim Reaper.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 15:35 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 5:39 pm   Permalink

What a great weekend!

Thank you Casey for "hooking us up" with such a great deal. Thanks Al & Shelley for the great drinks. Thanks Weird Unc and the Mysterious Miss M for the great entertainment and Thanks Moki & OnaTiki for the great grub.

I see a New Years Tradition just beginning. Hopefully, the bear will find its way back next year....

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2005-01-03 5:42 pm   Permalink

Hey "Tiki Bare"-- where are you posting from?!? Because you disappeared from Caliente Tropics sometime late Saturday night! I was worried we might not see you again, but it sounds like you are continuing on your path of debaucherous destruction.

(Note to self: go get tested.)

I can't wait to do this again next year and ruin even more political careers. I have a ton of pictures and I am accepting donations to guarantee that certain ones will NOT be posted.

Thanks due all around to many-- Moki for the delicious pig, Casey for general greatness, Al & Shelley for gracious hosting and mixing... KK, Iuka, & MMML for entertainment... Floratina for the wardrobe malfunction... Monkeyman for pizza (I kicked in some $ to him, if you didn't then you owe him a drink at Oasis.) My parents love you all, and I'm glad you guys got to meet Farrah (the aforementioned foxxxy gf).

REASONS WHY I WILL DO THIS AGAIN NEXT YEAR:
--weather was great!
--mountains had snow!
--It was like a family reunion.
--It was like a mini-Oasis, but with no actual schedule... so you could just hang out. No wristband checks!
--All told, it cost LESS than New Year's Eve out on the town with high cover charges, parking fees, annoying wait lines at the bar, crappy cover band, etc. AND it was far more enjoyable!
--I'd rather give that $$ to Caliente Tropics anyway, and support our people!
--You could drink all you want and not have to worry about driving home.
--Exposure to drunk drivers on the road was limited to: can I cross the parking lot and get to my room?
--Pool! Hot tub!
--Fabulous CT staff!
--Miniature golf and go-karts! (sorry we were late and had to play on our own)
--Clouds and clouds of metallic confetti. Although I did not experience this personally, reports of "glittery poop" did surface. Okay, so this might not actually be a "reason to do it again."

And of course, EVERYBODY got some action. If not from a significant other, then from the BEAR.

Oops, I'd better go make an appointment.

mig.

[ This Message was edited by: mig on 2005-01-03 17:46 ]

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 5:59 pm   Permalink

All pictures of futura girl from this weekend are photoshop fakes.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 6:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-03 01:17, martiki wrote:
All pictures of martiki from this weekend are photoshop fakes.

Quote:

On 2005-01-03 17:59, Futura Girl wrote:
All pictures of futura girl from this weekend are photoshop fakes.

And I am the #1 Super Photoshop Genius of the Universe.

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-01-03 6:05 pm   Permalink

But seriously...I want to echo the many of the same thanks- Casey for the generous offer and the whole staff at CTR for being extra nice and patient. Thanks to Al & Shelly for hosting a fine party, and HH&MM for taking over the duties later, including Saturday, when their room alone did a fine job as well. Moki & OnaTiki for the killer plate lunch- just what the doctor ordered. The Mai Kai Gent, TMMML, KK, and Ona all provided great entertainment, with bonus trumpet solo from Mrs. Miley. Great to meet a few new (to me) faces and an all around blast.

I can confirm that glitter poop is very, very real. And as far as I'm concerned, it should become a regular TC tradition alongside blue pancakes and green eggs.

A great time for sure. Do your worst with the pictures: I have no shame! (As the pictures will clearly illustrate)

Also- whoever has the video footage- I didn't get to see it- please post. (i think...)

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 6:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-03 18:05, martiki wrote:
I have no shame!

No shame... and very, very raw knees.

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 6:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-03 18:05, martiki wrote:
Also- whoever has the video footage- I didn't get to see it- please post. (i think...)

Damnit- this was one of the all time best videos I've ever seen - a classic for sure...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 6:22 pm   Permalink

NYE pictures, round 2:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/nye2005/party/

These are pictures from the countdown at the Reef Bar... the most magical moment for me was when Sven's son proved himself to be one of the cool kids... you see, Mig had discovered a massive white bear sitting in the street in Hollywood the night before, and we'd had quite a good time abusing it (check out pics of that here). Mig naturally brought the bear to Palm Springs for further maltreatment, but at this point in the evening it was still sitting in the back of his pickup truck, waiting for us to pull it out later. But, into the Reef Bar walks Diego with the giant bear at just the right moment. As far as I know, he didn't know that this bear was ours, and he definitely was not directed by Mig to go get it. I hesitate to say that he pilfered it from the truck, I'm sure he knew that it was one of ours... but the thing is, this kid knew it was time. That this bear was destined for gruesome things, and it was Diego's purpose in life to deliver this bear to its doom. Diego, we salute you!

Again, please feel free to pull any of these photos out for posting here.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2005-01-03 18:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 15:34 ]

OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 6:25 pm   Permalink

Wow!! What a weekend!!

Thanks to everyone who made the trek to the Caliente Tropics and a super big mahalo to Casey for the wonderful offer that got the ball rolling.

More mahalos to Al & Shelly wonderful hosts as always, Iuka Grog, MMML, King Kuke for the wonderful entertainment, MonkeyMan & family for the great pizza once Moki returned to the land of the living (my wife was a zombie Saturday morning) and to all the new friends I met. And let us not forget Tiki Bare who kept me laughing for at least four hours! Can't wait to see the video

We will be posting pictures once they have passed all security clearances.

Until we meet again.....

ps. Good point Mig, maybe we all need to get tested.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation