FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events December 31 2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
December 31 2004
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 6:31 pm   Permalink

NYE pictures, round 3:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/nye2005/afterparty/

The afterparty hosted by the always-fabulous and Aloha-Stuft Al & Shelley, featuring a Very Special Celebrity Guest Cameo Appearance by none other than:

MARTIN JOHN!!!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 15:32 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 10:45 pm   Permalink

MARTIN JOHN!!!
Don't let the mai tai, go down on me!

And I thought this was Martin's sister.
Glad I didn't make that pass, that I was thinkin about.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 10:47 pm   Permalink

Casey, put me name on the list for next year!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-01-04 12:29 am   Permalink

I just wanted to point out the glitter in my glass that led to the aforementioned problems.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-04 12:19 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Gang!

Wow, what a wingding! It was super-fab to hang with such a fine group at such a swell joint! Thanks, EVERYONE! Here are some photos:

Iuka Grogg and The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa on New Year's Eve in The Reef.

This is one of Humu's photos, but I just had to post it as it shows one of the highlights of the trip... Mr. Smiley tooting Auld Lang Syne just after midnight. Ona Tiki is back there somewhere on bongos.

The post-midnight party turns serious as King Kukulele, Pi Phi Rho and Krustiki are found in deep contemplative discussion.

A daper sot!

Goodness knows what these two are photographing!?!?!

Goodness has nothing to do with this photo.

The first-annual Tiki Central New Year's Day Shuffleboard Tournament(Weird Unc and Floratina squeaked by the formidable Monkeyman/Martiki team).

I do hope this becomes a new tradition. I'd love to see such good times repeated. (I'd not love to see Joey Buttafuoco at Elmer's Pancake House again, though.)

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-04 2:16 pm   Permalink

Yup, this weekend proved that New Years CAN be fun when spent with family and friends ...away from home. Very informal, I felt I did not have to "represent".

Humu, it was me who told Diego to take the bear into the reef, he looked so sad out alone in the truck (the bear, not Diego), like that "No dogs allowed" sign that reads "We have to stay outside!"

But Naomi didn't know it was "ours" and got all concerned that it was being plastered with glitter and stuff (luckily we were not witness to the later, unspeakable improprieties), and that night she had funny dreams with Elton John in it (sans bear), clearly induced by the visual of Martin John at Al's bar (I mean room).

Thanks for the wine tasting and magic at Ichiban, weirdunc, and Al and Shelly for the hospitality at Al's bar, and yes, the bartender at the reef was really good, too. T'was nice to see Hanford in person, which only seems to happen every couple of years to me. Hope y'all enjoyed your mini-BOT.

The spirit of room 135 is alive and well on TC!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-04 3:45 pm   Permalink

MY photos:
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBMXDFk2bt3lw

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-01-04 6:02 pm   Permalink

Weird Unc is too kind: He and Tina PLASTERED us at shuffleboard.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-04 9:12 pm   Permalink

Finally had a chance to upload our pics to Shutterfly. Here's the link to view some of the antics of the wonderful weekend.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAN2TFw4aMWzCrg

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-04 10:17 pm   Permalink

Here they are... the pictures you've really been waiting for... the subjects of these pictures (myself included, sadly) will be haunted by this record of the evening forever. Without further ado:

Round Four: The Afterafterparty

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/nye2005/afterafterparty/

After a noise complaint shut down Al & Shelley's room, the party just moved one door away from the complaint source, to my room. That's where things went totally apeshit. Or, if you will allow me, bearshit. Inside, you will find pictures of the bear being stomped on, beaten, and ridden (in more ways than one); you will also find a rather jovial Hanford with a harem, being spanked, and finally, once spent from the evening's events, requiring service ("please"); and of course there is a rather silly amount of dancing on the bed.

Of special note: pictures 31-32, 38-42 and 45-47 I took using my toes. Really. There were four more like that, but one of the subjects in those photos asked me to not post any pictures of them. Martiki has pointed out that apparently I take better pictures with my feet than with my hands.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 15:30 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-06 2:09 pm   Permalink

Martiki, Mrs.martiki, Dangergirl and I went to Lyon's English Grill for dinner New Years Eve even though it was supposedly recently renovated. Having never been there before any changes seem to be minor. It still has an old feel to it-with a piano player in the lounge starting at 8:00 pm thaT NIGHT. The food was fine -nothing too great- I have had better steaks at Taylors in LA and The Golden Steer (must go!) in Las Vegas.
We did check out the recently opened Parker Hotel, restaurant, lounge on the evening of January 1st. Pretty cool! We didn't eat at the restaurant , but the prices seemed resonable enough for a "fancy" restaurant. Average entree in the $20-28 range. There are some pictures of us in the lounge seating area in my shutterfly link. It was a nice relaxing way to (not quite) end the evening after a rousing round of miniature golf-including a few "holes-in-one" in our group.
After minuature golf, our carload decided to look for a dive bar for a cocktail or two before heading back to the Tropics. As we headed away from the Tropics with no success in our quest, we were in the process of turning around when Martiki and I heard a car's tires screeching as it tried to break. What we saw next was quite spectacular!! Martiki and I saw a car on the other side of the street drive off the street and over the sidewalk, through a fire hydrant (causing a gusher the size of Old Faithful), up a grass embankment in front of a car dealership , go airborn about ten feet in the air and then it came wheels down down on top of five new cars. SMASH!!! People were running from everywhere to help the occupant of the new "Aero-car". Hopefully the occupant would be ok.
As we hadn't seen the cause of the wreck, we decided not to add to the throng of people gathered and continued down the road in our quest for a divebar. Off the road a neon sign glowed "Ground Zero" we cautiously peeked in and noticed that no women had showed up yet at this bar! (What is a single guy{not me} in Palm Springs to do?!). In the bar we got our picture snapped by a friendly gent from "inthepix.com" the picture should be up any day now.
We left the bar-went to the Parker, (see above) , left the Parker and saw "The Cowboy" drive by us in his white truck with a six foot tall bronze statue of a cowboy riding a bucking bronco! Holy Remington, Batman!! "Follow the horse", we commanded Dangergirl and went into the Vons parking lot and watched as "The Cowboy" got out of his truck wearing a white cowboy hat, a neatly trimmed white beard, fancy tan, and lots of ARIZONA BLING!!! This "cowboy" had large turquoise earrings and BOTH ears, enough turquoise and silver necklaces to make MR T feel inadequate. One of the necklaces was a DREAMCATCHER!!
As we were shopping for snacks, Arizona Bling Man and us keep crossing paths and Martiki and I kept giggling like drunken schoolgirls at this awesomely tacky site. We snapped a quick, dark pic of me next to the statue (maybe Martiki can post it) before we headed off the the Tropics while singing "Happy Trails"!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-06 3:34 pm   Permalink

Wish I could have been there.... I tried. My begging didn't work this time. Next year MEAN GENE will take charge.

By the way.... did any drunken skinny dipping take place?

www.fallingcocos.com

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2005-01-06 15:35 ]

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-07 01:34 am   Permalink

Awww mannnn! I was in Palm Springs while you guys were at the Caliente Tropics! In fact, I was right around the corner!!! I wish I would have known. I didn't bring my laptop with me, and had left for Palm Springs about the time this thread started gaining momentum. Maria and I ended up ringing in the New Year in the ol' hot tub at the condo complex we were staying in. Pretty quiet there other than for us. To know such tiki merriment and fun was right within our reach, yet elusive. Oh, the irony!

So far the tiki gods haven't been smiling on me for 2005. I miss the shindig in Palm Springs, and also miss out on the Pele Mugs at Disneyland on my way home. Oh Tiki Gods, how have I offended you, and how can I make amends?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bare

Posted: 2005-01-07 08:18 am   Permalink

.....Hey!.....Where'd everybody go?.....I'm sorry I got mad......I can play nice......I'm lonely.......Come back!......

View Profile of Tiki_Bare Send a personal message to Tiki_Bare      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-01-07 08:29 am   Permalink

I miss you too, bear. Oh so very much.

Here's the giant cowboy mrsmiley was refering to- kind of hard to make out, but I think you get the idea. I wish we had a picture of the driver. Holy moley.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation