FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » December 31 2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
December 31 2004
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 8:44 pm   Permalink

Hey Casey,
Krustiki and I desperately need copious amounts of coffee when we wake up. Will there be a coffee pot in the room? (We can bring our own if necessary) Thanks!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
annalulu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-30 9:32 pm   Permalink

I hope everyone has a GREAT and safe New Years at the Tropics. Husband and I spent two great (rainy! but great...) nights there, even took a few dips in the pool under cover of cloud.
This was our first visit and it's all I've heard and MORE. What a great property!

Here's me after a couple o' drinks at The Reef. Hoping this isn't a fertility idol...

[ This Message was edited by: annalulu on 2004-12-30 21:39 ]

View Profile of annalulu Send a personal message to annalulu  Email annalulu Goto the website of annalulu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 07:09 am   Permalink

Investigative journalist sneaks into TC New Year's Eve party at Caliente Tropics, gets big story:

Have fun, kids. You only get one turn around the racetrack.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-01 11:07 am   Permalink

Caliente Rocks!
Another first for me.
Looking forward to Oasis.
Thanks Casey.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 2:10 pm   Permalink

I have no recollection of anything that did or did not transpire. But where did that white fur in my teeth come from? I deny it all.

[ This Message was edited by: Krustiki on 2005-01-02 14:31 ]

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 3:45 pm   Permalink

Satan's Sin, all that is missing from that image is the giant stuffed bear. This leg of the "trip around the racetrack" left many temporily hobbled, but boy you should have seen the smiles on their faces.

Put out an APB on the bear. He went AWOL sometime last night. We need him for Oasis.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 3:49 pm   Permalink

I didn't bring a camera, but there are pictures out there. There may be a slight delay in their posting. They need to be vetted...

Casey, I am so glad that you came up with the idea to have a TC New Year's party at the beautiful Caliente Tropics. The Caliente staff was terrific as usual. I have never seen the Tahitian Lanai look so luxuriously verdant, btw.

Ona and Moki made the yummiest plate lunch. It rescued me after the self-inflicted damage of Friday night/Saturday morning. Al and Shelley provided their great mai tais and atmosphere for our enjoyment. When complaints by the "normals" next door to them who had the misfortune to be placed in the TC wing of Caliente complained, a new legend was born next door in when we moved to Humu and Futura Girl's Room 209. The mayhem finally ceased around 5 AM.

The entertainment included the great musical stylings of the talented Iuka Grogg, The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa and King Kukulele as well as the wildly rambunctious antics of the Tiki Central membership. I've laughed so hard this weekend! Since I got home, I have been going about my business, unpacking and tidying the home and I will remember something that one or another of you did or said and I just start guffawing out loud.

Thanks everyone for a great weekend.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2005-01-02 17:18 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 4:51 pm   Permalink

I had a great great time. Thanks to all who attended and helped make it so much fun. It was like a wintertime miniature Tiki Oasis.

Moki and Ona Tiki were most generous and fed almost All of us a delicious plate lunch on Saturday. Of course many libations were prepared by regular hosts Alnshely. Wonderful and intimate entertainment provided by Iuka Grog with cameo appearances by King Kukulele. Mystery appearance by Hanford Lemoore.

I was busy video taping the New Years festivities so I don't have any photos of the drunken mele. I did snap a few photos of the scenery and our Tiki Central Miniature Golf Championship.

Although it was overcast on Friday, Saturday was beautiful. Check out the Moon, Snow Covered Mountain, and Palm Trees set against a crystal clear sky.

As you wearily arrive from a day of hard driving to the Caliente Tropics, you are greeted by helpful seasonal staff shown here. Here they exhibit the Official Caliente Tropics, Tiki Salute.

This is not a joke. Martiki,Mr. Smiley, and Unga Bunga all played in the same foursome with the same color ball. "Which Ball is yours? Why the closest one of course"

Moki and Shely guard the entrance to the 19th hole. With an estimated temperature outside of 50 degrees, a bit of rum would have made a huge difference in the warmth of our hands.

Unhappy with her golf score, Floratina decides to take it out on Al.

Here is Pi Phi Rho (With Iuka Grog and the Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa looking on) sinking a put and rightfully earning himself the unofficial title of **Tiki Central Miniature Golf Champ**. He managed to beat out Martiki, Monkeyman, and Shely (runners up) with a low score of 6!!!!! UNDER par.

Mr.Smiley Laying Down the Law on the Air Hockey Table.

All will cower in the presence of the tiki god of barf.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2005-01-02 20:59 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 6:54 pm   Permalink

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 7:37 pm   Permalink

I can’t remember the last time I’ve laughed so much. I think it started with the rambunctious Al impersonating the Japanese chef at Ichiban’s. Shelley was fabulously lovely in her shiny dress. I hope someone took a picture of Martiki with his disco-ball earrings. Later on in Humuhumu’s room we had the sandwich session (we won’t list any names), then “$%@# the bear”, and I will never forget Humu using her feet to take photos. She is truly talented and amazing.

I want to thank all the generous people who came, including Al & Shelley for the drinks, Moki for the Hawaiian plate lunch, and Monkeyman for the pizza. The entertainment provided by Iuka Grogg and the Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa was delightful, and King Kukulele did the official wacky count-down to midnight.

The Caliente Tropics is a wonderful venue for a New Years Eve party. The atmosphere and the staff are great, the Jacuzzi was hot and the pool was warm. Let’s do this again next year!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bare
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-02 8:41 pm   Permalink

So you think this was funny.
So you thought I would take this lying down?(Well, I guess I did physically).
So you think I’m the butt of your jokes? (Don’t answer that)
Well guess again Tiki Bear Bangers!
This bear don’t take “getting stuffed” lightly
Oh! You didn’t think that I might have some friends that would come to my aid.
Well, Guess Again!!
This coming Oasis, your ass is mine!
I’m just going to leave you with a few images of my “friends” to ponder with until the upcoming Oasis, and don’t be surprised if you see us waiting for you, outside your window at the Tropics.
Revenge!!!………………Revenge!!!………………

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2005-01-03 13:25 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bare Send a personal message to Tiki Bare      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 10:25 pm   Permalink

Your lips said no,no,no but your eyes said yes, yes, yes

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 10:57 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman: "I want to get a picture of you guys. No, Tina hold up your club like you're going to hit Al." Second, I took full responsibility for my horrible golf score. I just got bamboozled by the Media!

OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 11:25 pm   Permalink

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-01-03 01:17 am   Permalink

All pictures of martiki from this weekend are photoshop fakes.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation