FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis V (2005) Attendance List
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis V (2005) Attendance List
real kamaaina

Posted: 2005-04-08 4:42 pm   Permalink

i heard they sold the tropics! read the reviews on tripadvisor. that is WEAK. hope this doesnt impact too much. tiki bar is closed until they get a liquor license. any word on this? im not a real boardie so forgive me if this is a REPOAST.

View Profile of real kamaaina Send a personal message to real kamaaina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 7:45 pm   Permalink

I called the resort, Brad said the Tropics has changed hands.

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 8:38 pm   Permalink

No Way. What happened to Casey? This is not a good sign.

Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 9:47 pm   Permalink

Baton down the hatches, steady as she goes…………..

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 10:03 pm   Permalink

Check out "locating tiki" Caliente Tropics.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-09 11:11 am   Permalink

When I called them earlier this week to check on my reservation, I was told that Casey no longer works there.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-09 11:49 am   Permalink

Well, it looks like they have a new/updated website. I can't find anything about Tiki Oasis. When I subscribed to the news letter, this is what the responce page said (as you can see for yourself):

You have been subscribed to the mailing list successfully!
Back to 7 Springs Inn & Suites

Here is that page
They wouldn’t dare change the name of the hotel, would they?
Let's party this Oasis like it's the last one!!! Let's dedicate this Oasis to Casey!
Here Here!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-09 1:38 pm   Permalink

This is a bad sign. Clicking on the link I get a page that says "You have accessed this page from an invalid location."

INVALID LOCATION!?

When Tiki Central is an invalid location at the Caliente Tropics website, the world may be ending. This may be the last Oasis after all. Let's just hope that the LAST Oasis wasn't the last Oasis.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-09 2:00 pm   Permalink

I'm not even seeing a link to TC link on the CT links page.

Some clarifying info would be nice - Otto, what's up?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-09 4:21 pm   Permalink

What is the sale going to mean to the vendors? Are we sure that the Oasis is for real or just a mirage? Here's hoping that management of the hotel has a head's up on our impending arrival. Otherwise, I'm guessing there's going to be chaos.

View Profile of beachin Send a personal message to beachin  Email beachin Goto the website of beachin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-09 11:45 pm   Permalink

PLEASE, relax. Otto is aware of what's going on, there has been some misinformation posted on another thread, regarding the Oasis, and Otto is dealing with it. Please don't fan the flames, that's what the Chump Tiki wants you to do.

There's a LOT of speculating going on here, and I can tell you, straight from Otto, this is all convoluted and doesn't really capture the big picture. So please relax!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-10 11:53 am   Permalink

Let's get excited about the Tiki Oasis V!

I have posted below the schedule - I have not posted exact times in case things shift around last minute.

You can see we have some great additions this year: Sven's slideshow! King Kukulele treasure hunt and tour of grounds for the young ones! Crafts! Mega DJ's! Over 40 vendors! and oh so much more!

* please note that after 6pm is considered adult entertainment, use your own caution when inviting those under 18

We are proud to announce King Kukulele is the official MC for Tiki Oasis V!

THURSDAY NIGHT
8pm - 10pm Project Pimento in Reef Bar

FRIDAY NIGHT is PIRATE NIGHT
DJ California Kid
Project Pimento (SF)
King Kukulele
Kitten on the Keys (SF)
Burlesque Dancer, Pepper La Rue (LA)
Ape (SF)
Burlesque Dancer, Reverand Spooky LeStrange (New Orleans)
Fisherman (NYC)
Burlesque Dancer, Ginger Goldmine (LA)
Best dressed PIRATE contest (meet at stage at 9:45pm)
Pirate Movie poolside brought to you by LIFTOFF entertainment

Late night Reef Bar entertainment, Mai Kai Gents (LA)

SATURDAY DAYTIME (BY THE POOL) - 11am - 6pm
Jay Strongman (UK)
DJ Seletor Lopaka (Seattle)
DJ Jack Hughes (Hollywood)
Miss Ainslie Walker (UK)
Patrick Robinson (LA)

SATURDAY DAYTIME (REEF/GROUNDS)
11am - Tiki Bizarre opens
1pm - 2pm - King Kukulele in the Reef Bar
2pm - 3pm - King Kukulele leads Treasure Hunt (meet at stage) [appropriate for ages 0 -14]
3pm - 4pm - Crafts on Reef Patio
4 pm - Project Pimento (in The Reef bar)

SATURDAY NIGHT
Mai Kai Gents (LA)
KIDS and DOGS best dressed contest, wear any theme (meet at stage at 6:45pm)
Fisherman (NYC)
Kitten on the Keys (SF)
Burlesque Dancer (Esperanza )
King Kukulele
Burlesque Dancer, Anna Bells (LA)
Ape (SF)
Burlesque Dancer, Bella Beratta (Hollywood)
Best dressed SAVAGE contest (meet at stage at 9:45pm)
Sven Kristen slideshow, poolside
Armchair Traveling Tiki Movie, poolside

Late night Reef Bar entertainment, The Martini Kings (LA)

SUNDAY:
11am - Tiki Bizarre opens
11 -2:00 - DJ Lee Joseph
11am - King Kuku leads tour of Caliente tropics grounds(meet at stage) [appropriate for ages 0 -5]
1pm - 3:00 - Reef bar Ukulele Jam

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-10 3:22 pm   Permalink

Baby Doe - Is that THE Armchair Travelling you are screening for the Dive-In Movie?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattiki

Posted: 2005-04-10 5:51 pm   Permalink

Tattiki, and 3 will be in attendance.

View Profile of Tattiki Send a personal message to Tattiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-10 6:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks Mrs. Pineapple & babydoe for restoring sanity to this post. We are looking forward to Tiki Oasis V & Chump can take take a flying f@#k at a rolling donut!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation