FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis V (2005) Attendance List
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis V (2005) Attendance List
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-10 10:26 pm   Permalink

The Pineapples are really looking forward to Tiki Oasis 5, I've been sewing (SEWING?) maternity aloha wear, and gathering decor, pirate costume materials, and pool toys! This will be our 4th Oasis, and our 2nd wedding anniversary!

When will the vendor list be available? I want to know who will be selling baby stuff! Little Pineapple will need some cool stuff, Daddy isn't the only one who gets to shop this year!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2005-04-11 11:31 am   Permalink

Baby Doe and I are talking to tropics management today and will have a final word on this
we did not want to post ANYTHING about the hotel until we knew all the facts

So far everything is on track and there is NO reason to think that anything has changed as far as the hotel supporting this event

Quote:

On 2005-04-10 18:30, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Thanks Mrs. Pineapple & babydoe for restoring sanity to this post. We are looking forward to Tiki Oasis V & Chump can take take a flying f@#k at a rolling donut!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 6:55 pm   Permalink

Coconut kiss--have the 4 set. I NEED the mini monkeys! Those monkeys are so damn cute.

I'm sure the reef bar will be open. I'm not sweating it. Judging for last year. There is more than enough booze in the rooms. I myself had a fully stocked bar and plan on having it fully stocked again.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 04:53 am   Permalink

I'm pleased to say I will be dropping by on Friday Night for the M Modern Gallery's "Sneaky Tiki" show in downtown Palm Springs and also will swing by the Reef Bar to sing a song with the wonderful Martini Kings!

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 8:10 pm   Permalink

I listen to the MARTINI KINGS more than anything! I didn't realize that was Tony in that bright yellow shirt until I saw the tattoo.

THE MARTINI KINGS JAM!!!

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2005-04-12 20:11 ]

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 8:13 pm   Permalink

Oh ya, and Cherry Capri is HOT!

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 8:18 pm   Permalink

CHECK out all the VENDORS at Tiki Oasis V!

** special thanks to Tiki Farm (Holden) for being our vendor coordinator! XOXO *

Remember to bring cash-o-la as vendors will not be set-up for credit cards. We can not list WHAT everyone is selling but it pretty much covers ALL your needs from tiki bars, t-shirts, vintage clothing, barware, kids clothing, original artwork, tiki mugs, shoes, hand carved tikis, big tikis, small tikis... the list goes on!

Tiki News will also be selling a *limited* edition Tiki Oasis V Mug made by MunkTiki on Friday night after the bands from 10-11pm and throughout the remainder of the weekend.

We are proud to announce for the first time ever we are offering PRINTS of Derek Yaniger's stellar artwork created for Tiki Oasis

Printed and published by "Mean Gene" of Falling Cocos, "Publishers of Fine Pop".
Hand pulled limited edition of 100 on Coventry Rag fine art paper
16 x 20 inches
6 colors / screens
signed and numbered by artist, Derek Yaniger

Prepublication special price of $65.00 before Tiki Oasis, May 5, 2005
$85.00 at or after Tiki Oasis, after May 8
plus shipping if applicable

Customer will be able to pick up print at Tiki Oasis after Derek has signed them.
We can ship them after Tiki Oasis to people unable to attend the event.
http://www.fallingcocos.com/tikioasisprint.html

Tiki Oasis V Vendors!!
Adrift Clothing
Bodhi Glass
Coconut Kiss
Crazy Al
Cruz Retail/Tiki Broker
Cult of the Eye I
Cult of the Eye II
Falling Coco's
Fins and Flames
House of Tiki
John Gibson Pottery
Kimberly Coburn
Laney Bentz/Monkey Man
Lucky Lou Shoes
M-Vision
Munktiki
Pango Tori
Poly Pop Art
Popalicious
Purple Jade
Rockit Baby
Scissor Happy
Smokin' Tikis
Suburban Pagan
Swamp Fire Lounge
The Art Deck
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Farm
Tiki Farm
Tiki Jungle
Tiki Madness
Tiki News
Tiki Ray
Tiki Tony
Tiki Lee
Tikiwood
Treasure Kings
Treasure Kings
Vintage Hawaiian Themes
Von Franco
Zach Zachary

Including merchandise from featured entertainment at Tiki Oasis V!
All vendor spaces have been sold for 2005. If you are interested in being a vendor in the future please e-mail Otto: otto@tikinews.com

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-14 3:28 pm   Permalink

im in, im in ,na na naaa na.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 04:14 am   Permalink

With the proper trade winds, my non-scale replica of the Kon-Tiki will wash upon the shore of Tiki Oasis again this year.

In tow (on inner-tube if needed) will be my Girl Friday, who will be making her first appearance at the Oasis. My safe return from Oasis 1-4 have convinced her that fear of loss of life or limb are unfounded, even if pictures of past events suggests otherwise.

I have not exactly explained the whole virgin sacrifice thing. I guess I need to consult the Oasis Bylaws and Charter and see if a virgin is defined as a "newly attending guest" or if the interpretation is strictly biblical. Not being the research type I will probably just take the 50/50 chance that she will be returning from Oasis and not meeting a firey death in the hot tub filled with buring 151 rum.

Girl Friday, Belinda to her parents and visiting dignitaries (i.e., wayfarers that wonder into our camp), is excited about the passage. We will also be spending some time in LA both before and after the Oasis exploring locals of tikidom in the So. Cal. asphalt jungles.

Balmy regards to one and all,

Tiki Bob

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 09:55 am   Permalink

Hey Tiki Bob,

It will be nice to see you again as well as Girl Friday. It's about time she made it to one of these events. You are already a household name. Oh BTW, I made that John Buzon Trio CD two-fer for you. I will bring it to the Tiki Oasis. You are gonna love it! See ya there!!

Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 11:29 am   Permalink

Thanks Jeff!

Did you finally find a place to stay??? We are staying at the "tony" Royal Palms (whatever that is).

What days are you going to be in LA? We need to get together and swank around!

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 8:02 pm   Permalink

Yeah, My Dad and I are staying at the "Vagabond Inn." It sounds scary but actually looks pretty nice. I arrive in LA on Tuesday May 3rd and will be staying with my Dad. Then we leave on Friday for Palm Springs. I have your cell phone# so I will give you a call when I am in LA. It will be nice to swank around town with ya! Record stores and Tiki bars Yeah!! This is going to be a great event!!

Cheers,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mmoderntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-16 01:38 am   Permalink

Please stop by on your way to checking into the Tiki Oasis V and have a beverage on us!

“THE SNEAKY TIKI” Group art show and tiki merchandise sale on Friday, May 6th through Sunday, May 8th at M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs. Start the Tiki Oasis V with some cool art and merchandise from M Modern Gallery.

Friday, May 6th - We begin May with a group art show and Tiki merchandise SALE entitled “THE SNEAKY TIKI”. This will be a 3 DAY ONLY Tiki exhibition and merchandise SALE that will begin Friday, May 6th and end at the close of business on Sunday, May 8th (Mothers Day). Among the many artists in the show will be SHAG, The Pizz, Joe Vitale, Bosko, Dave Burke and many more. Miles Thompson will have a selection of paintings in the show as well as some of his rare prints too! We will also be releasing an offering of Limited Edition Tiki Farm merchandise from the “It’s All About the Tiki” show from last year! Many of these items are long SOLD OUT, however, we will be discounting them anyway. Check out the amazing prices below and consider pre-ordering prior to the show as quantities are very, very, limited. Once they are gone, you will be out of luck.

Here is a list of confirmed artists with paintings in the show:

Josh (SHAG) Agle
Bryan Andrews
Bamboo Ben
Tim Biskup
Bosko
Andrew Brandou (Howdy Pardner)
Dave Burke
Cherry Carpi
Jacqueline Davies
Crazy Al Evans
Ewik (Eric Rider)
Extremo the Clown
Sam Gambino
James Naccarato
Lynne Naylor
Mitch O’Connell
Pizz
Chris Reccardi
Chris Remmers
Joey Remmers
Rikki Rockett
KRK Ryden
Dale Sizer
Stone
Miles Thompson
Donella Vitale
Joe Vitale
Heather Watts
Marc Willey
Derek Yaniger
& More…

Here are the deals!:

The Pizz – MARTIN MUG – Sold Out from the farm – Retail $ 30 – Sale $ 24
The Pizz – LEWIS MUG – Retail $ 25 – Sale $ 15
The Pizz – 5 pc. Stacker Set – Retail $ 125 – Sale $ 75
The Pizz – Frosted Black Hi-Ball 4-Pack – Retail $ 100 – Sale $ 60
Von Franco – Cockeyed Warrior Mug – Sold Out at the farm - Retail $ 30 – Sale $ 24
Von Franco – Burnin’ Love Tiki Mug – Sold Out at the farm – Retail $ 25 – Sale $ 20
Von Franco – Triple Shot o’Love 6 Pack – Retail $ 100 – Sale $ 60
V.F. – Smokin’ Joe Decanter Set – Sold Out at the farm – Retail $ 125 – Sale $ 100
Von Franco – Artist’s Series Tiki Bowl – Regular $ 70 – Sale $ 45

Sorry, there are no SHAG items left, however, we will have 5 pieces of the SHAG limited Edition Tiki Hot Wheel Sets at a Special price that day too! My wife MiShell told me I had to let these five pieces go as we will soon need another home just for our SHAG collection.

NOTE: Each of these Limited Edition items come with a Certificate of Authenticity.

Also, look for details on an EXCLUSIVE Tiki Mug from MUNKTIKI that will most likely sell out that day! You may want to preorder one of these now or risk missing out. We can’t wait! There will also be many limited edition prints on sale from artists like Dave Burke, Tim Biskup and others not to mention a few previously Sold Out SHAG prints available for purchase that day too! This show is timed with the Tiki Oasis V to be held at the Caliente Tropics here in Palm Springs. Drop in to the gallery on your way to hotel check-in and drink all weekend in chic Tiki style! This show will be free and open to the public.

View Profile of mmoderntiki Send a personal message to mmoderntiki  Email mmoderntiki Goto the website of mmoderntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 10:41 pm   Permalink

another year gone....can't wait..
the pics of the SF Crawl made me sad i missed it..... But Oasis will be RRrrrrrrrrrrrr'rific!!!!!!
Since i'll be around, i thought i would post this.....

!!!!Crazy AL's Tikimania !!!!
"Oasis 'V' Presale Store"
Don't want to bring loads of cash to Oasis???
Love your Credit Card???
!!!BUY NOW!!!
WITH CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL
(Before May 1st - While Supplies Last)
SAVE ON SHIPPING!!
SAVE TAX ON OUT OF STATE SALES!!
SAVE ON LOWER ORANGE CO. CA 7.75% TAX!!
Buy now and pick your order up in Palm Springs!!See Ya There!

CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/oasis_store.html

i'll only be taking credit cards for orders and deposits, so if you want to use plastic and walk with your goodies, then buy now....... thanks

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 8:34 pm   Permalink

'Tis a shame that the only real pirate here at Tiki Central won't be makin' the voyage to the fair waters of Oasis.... didn't realize I needed to book official passage (buy a day pass) to come aboard for just the day.... if I am readin' this incorrectly please advise but from what Baby Doe says in this here thread back on page 6, no day passes - means no one can come just for the day/night (?) I was not planning to stay over due to time contraints but was going to come maybe Saturday or Friday and hang out and spend me doubloons with the merchant traders... Er, Oh well. That's the way the wind blows.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation