FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food UPDATE Pyrat White is BACK! *$8.99* at BevMo right now! (see pg.3)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
UPDATE Pyrat White is BACK! *$8.99* at BevMo right now! (see pg.3)
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-01-10 09:40 am   Permalink

UPDATE 2/15/05: If this company is going under, or they're scrapping the white, I don't know. But that's the price online! haven't been in the store in almost a month, so not sure about the instore pricing. (It doesn't look good to go hopping in to buy liquor while you're out on worker's comp with a knee injury)

There is NO reason not to stock up like mad at this price!

Don't forget to sign up for yer BevMo card to get the discount.

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2005-02-15 11:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2005-06-16 17:53 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 11:46 am   Permalink

Thanks for the hot tip, Martiki. Picked up 4 of em last night. They had stacks and stacks of cases of them. Half-off, that's my kinda sale.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 12:17 pm   Permalink

Since I have to factor shipping into this, I did a web search to determine if this really is as good a deal as it seems.

I discovered four things:

PyRAT is also short for Python Relational Animal Tracking

http://www.scionics.de/pyrat.html

877spirits.com want $44 for the same bottle.

Most other places have prices similar to BevMo's usual (non-sale) price of a bit under $20.

This is (inexplicably) both the cheapest and least common of Pyrat's four varieties of rum.

The best price anywhere (non-sale) is Sams, here in Chicago, who's usual price is $16.49.

http://www.samswine.com/searches/SpiritSearchResults.asp?USearch=pyrat

...thus, adding shipping, but deleting sales tax, the BevMo sale price is the best you'll do.

- James 'consumer reports' T.
See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-12 9:15 pm   Permalink

And HiTimeWine has Pyrat XO at more than 50% off. A $45 bottle for 20 bucks.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-13 8:32 pm   Permalink

A trippy thought/fact about Pyrat Rum.....
It's made in Anguilla, British West Indies.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-15 09:31 am   Permalink

I'm guessing this would be the Pyrat Superior Blanco. One of the local liquor stores sells it for around $16. The Pyrat Planter's XO Reserve Rum is on sale at Hi Times for $17.99, marked down from $45.99. I've never had it but at that price it is very tempting.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-15 12:18 pm   Permalink

OH NO! IT'S KONO!

I'll bring a bottle of the XO with me to the Hawaiian Inn so you can try it there.
It's odd but in a good way.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-01-15 1:19 pm   Permalink

I just got a bottle of the XO Reserve on sale from Hi Times and I must say it was money very very well spent. Just drink it straight or on ice with a twist of lemon. It is my new favorite rum.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-15 7:45 pm   Permalink

Thanx martiki, two bottles left...bought both.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-17 12:13 am   Permalink

Thanks, just bought 4 bottles. I also bought a coconut flavored Cruzan, any ideas what I could make with this one??

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-01-17 09:21 am   Permalink

Use it in place of Malibu in recipes- it's a little better. For Coconut rum, I think Bacardi COCO is the best- it's 35% by volume instead of 20-25% like the others. But, my biggest reccommendation is to use white rum and Coco Lopez. Real coconut really tastes better.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-17 09:33 am   Permalink

Martiki, any special drink that is good with this coconut flavoring that is not too sweet?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-01-18 2:25 pm   Permalink

If you've got an ounce of coco lopez, an ounce of orange juice, four ounces of Pineapple Juice, two ounces of Pussers Rum, and some grated nutmeg and cinnamon, you're all set with a magnificent Painkiller. Add a little more orange if it's still too sweet.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-18 6:38 pm   Permalink

Thank you, Martiki I will try it.

I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-19 08:43 am   Permalink

Thanks for the BevMo tip. Unfortunately, they won't send stuff to my Minnesota address. But I will keep a look out for the white Pyrat locally.

I, Zombie

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation