FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki So whats the most u paid for a mug?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
So whats the most u paid for a mug?
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 1:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-04 12:52, TikiJosh wrote:
I was in Lynden, Washington for a Memorial weekend family reunion earlier this year. In one of the antique stores, I found a Daga mug from the Maui Lu-- got it for $8. The thing that kills me is who brought a tiki mug to a place like Lynden in the first place. It boggles the mind.

[ This Message was edited by: phillip roberts 2013-07-20 11:20 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-06 1:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-04 13:27, filslash wrote:
Aloha,
My foster family lives in Lynden and a few years ago when I went to Vancouver we drove to visit them. We stayed in Lynden in the inn that looks like a windmill, and in the morning hit the many antique shops on the main drag of the town. I scored a lava cocojoes ($3), a sea world mug ($.50), and a few other items... I had much the same thought.

That's awesome! I stayed in the windmill, too! There was this awesome green decanter in one of the antique shops that looked like a goby. Man, I wish I had bought that. My wife talked me out of it cause she said it was ugly. Oh well. Sounds like you made out pretty good with the tiki finds a few years ago. Stuff was pretty expensive this time.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aloha-luau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-04 12:30 pm   Permalink

yep, i think about 30 but not $ was the most i'd payed
for, i don't know, my 1st vintage mugs ever.
a pair of r3? mugs those wit da green jewels as eyes.
mugs are vary rare on ebay in europe, so,,,

alohas from berlin great grande 4 aloha luau

http://www.myspace.com/aloha_luau_lounge or
http://alohaluau.twoday.net/ only in german, sorry

View Profile of aloha-luau Send a personal message to aloha-luau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MONDOTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-13 12:51 am   Permalink

Wow,I am impressed.Most of you have not spent more than 30 bucks on a mug.Again,WoW!because from what I have seen is that most of the cool mugs go for more than that,and if they're vintage or number limeted could even fall into the hundreds.Some of my purchases were on E-bay so I was basically competing with the world to get some of the mugs I have. so of course prices were higher than if I were to find them in a thrift store or even an antique store but how often is that?.I know ,I know, what a dummy spending so much.Hey if you love this tiki stuff as much as I do then you should understand why sometimes you just have to do it to get what you want,even if you pay alittle more for it.
The most I have paid for a mug was $225 for the Beauty and the Beast mug and Its
my favorite mug.I also got the small Mainlander for $3.00 Buy It Now.So sometimes you pay allot and sometimes you dont.
Mahala @ Me

[ This Message was edited by: MONDOTIKI 2007-02-13 01:13 ]

View Profile of MONDOTIKI Send a personal message to MONDOTIKI      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
morbidboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-13 6:41 pm   Permalink

so far I only have 12 mugs. Most were around $15 but I got my King Okole for $85.

If it's under $30, I'll drink outa it.

If it's over $30, it'll get a nice high shelf for display.

That's how I look at my collection.

View Profile of morbidboy Send a personal message to morbidboy  Email morbidboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-07-20 10:18 am   Permalink

It was fun looking through this old thread, back when a lot of people wouldn't pay more than $30 for a mug. Now they routinely sell for $50+ on eBay with rarities like the original Donn the Beachcomber bust mugs bringing hundreds of dollars. Although if you look at Ooga Mooga's price sightings, it looks like the heyday may have been a few years ago.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2013-07-20 10:41 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation