FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 10:27 pm   Permalink

This is a picture of a mug that I made. The picture is made with hundreds upon hundreds of at least fifty colors of dots. Many dots no thicker than a single hair.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2008-12-10 11:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2009-08-07 09:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2009-10-30 15:28 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 11:12 am   Permalink

Many great artists make contributes to this field of polynesian americana. I started a stectch this morning of many wonderful images that I see on this site. Some are from the Book of Tiki and some from artist that make their preseces on Tiki Central.
I'm still working on it and plan to do a couple more. Two of my mugs are here and another favorite of mine. One of the items in the background is on Ebay right now. Enjoy and I hope that I am not stepping on any toes. Done just for fun.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY on 2005-02-03 11:16 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 1:04 pm   Permalink

I love it!!! Keep posting more sketches!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 5:32 pm   Permalink

Thats pretty Kool TeaKEY. Man thats a lotta dots

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sonofabeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 7:20 pm   Permalink

I gotta ask.How long does it take to create a piece like this.

[ This Message was edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-02-03 19:20 ]

View Profile of sonofabeach Send a personal message to sonofabeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 7:36 pm   Permalink

am I the only one who can't see the dot
picture....I like the sketches but I can't
get the first "dot" pic...unless the dots
are too small for me to see

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 08:12 am   Permalink

Yeah...I can't see it either. Boo

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 08:48 am   Permalink

Alas, I too am one of the unfortunates who cannot observe the dots. Ours is a horrible curse. Those who cannot see the dots hang thier heads low.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-05 08:08 am   Permalink

It looks like the dots are gone for everyone to see. Seamus told me to post my moai when I got my camera working for all to see. This is my first and certainly not my last. I will have three soon and each one will grow 100% in quality and soon size.

these are my two cats. One is fat and one slim.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY on 2005-04-05 08:11 ]

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 5:33 pm   Permalink

My cat love my first tiki. I let her outside everyday and she goes straight for it. Rubs her face all over the nose and mouth and then lays next to it. My cat is my biggest fan at the moment and maybe for all time.

Hope the nose isn't rubbed down like the Sphinx or Mr. Jackson

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 9:24 pm   Permalink

teaKEY, that's cool. Is it cast or built up? I'm gonna try this one day, but haven't done all the research yet.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 11:16 pm   Permalink

Great job teaKEY!

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-14 09:58 am   Permalink

Quote:
teaKEY, that's cool. Is it cast or built up? I'm gonna try this one day, but haven't done all the research yet.

Aaron, its certainly built up. I don't think I could cast something that big. Super light.

Seamus Thats great that you like it. I see that you are a Grand Member. Moving up. Just before I went to bed yesterday I had a really good vision. (The best thoughts are before bed but I need to write them down). I think I will have to start this coming Monday. It will be one part tiki history, one part Me(hopefully) and one part cement.

P.S. I just saw for the first time, a commercial for Quikrete. Its was saying, "use it for everything" basically.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 09:33 am   Permalink

Still need to do the big vision but here is a coloring that I did at work. I think they were just looking for green but I put a tiki spin on it. Need did turn it in cause I didn't want pizza that day.

IT has a gecko type print for the toga, a tiki Tony type hat and a Crazy Al tiki for the crazy bread offer. THe Irish pot is now a coconut.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY on 2005-05-19 10:22 ]

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 02:33 am   Permalink

Sketches are cool. Keep em comin.

I feel left out becasue I never saw the dot picture. I am gonna spend the rest of my life wondering about that...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation