FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 05:30 am   Permalink

Thanks Sam, I'm just getting started. OH, and I just PMed you

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 06:49 am   Permalink

So, of the four mugs, I will post the # four tomorrow for all to witness.

"I have to say that its the greatest mug of all time. It certainly transcends the realm of just a tiki mug and holds its own with all sculpture. I always say tiki mugs are sculpture cause they are three dimensional but this truly is something more".

"Its the only one of its kind, made by hand, so the human quality is present throughout. It truly looks alive like no other mug that I have seen. And really symbolizes part of what tiki is in mug form".

The inspiration of the mug is found in Tiki Magazine in the first ten pages of the Crazy Al issue. Takes a guess as to what you think it is and then you will be amazed.

-teaKEY

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-01-03 08:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-03 06:49, teaKEY wrote:
So, of the four mugs, I will post the # four tomorrow for all to witness.

"I have to say that its the greatest mug of all time. It certainly transcends the realm of just a tiki mug and holds its own with all sculpture.

the human quality is present throughout. And really symbolizes part of what tiki is in mug form".

Takes a guess as to what you think it is and then you will be amazed.

-teaKEY

If it's anything other than this, GROG won't be amazed.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 09:00 am   Permalink

I'm scared to think of the appropriate drink for the bamboo ben Toilet Mug. TeaKey your dads mugs are very nice. It's always great to see artist who create just to create, there is no pretense behind it. (And I'm an artist, what would freud say?0

Those flasks are a cool rough style, I really like them. Keep up the work, I need more motivation.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 07:25 am   Permalink

Frostiki- "(And I'm an artist, what would freud say?)"

I don't know, what would Sigmund Freud Say?
And if you need anymore motivation you'll get more but with all the talent here on TC you might need a fire.
After my next project, I will tell you what got me moving again.

No one guessed which one it could be. I'll help you guys out, try between pages 1-6.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 09:18 am   Permalink

TeaKey I love how you are so diverse in your art styles, so free. Very nice. I think maybe you will be doing a moai of some kind, something special???

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 5:37 pm   Permalink

Ok, 9:00 my East coast time 6:00 your West coast time will be the showing

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 6:00 pm   Permalink

So here it is

Spawned from I think page 5 of the Tiki Magazine, its the only "tiki" mug that I didn't think of. But it turned out surprisingly fresh and I have a heighten respect for my dad's tiki mug making skills and the Artist that was the inspiration.

So the unlikely candidate is none other that the artist Doug "SwampFire" Horne

This mug is more beautiful in person. I got no photo skills. And the monkey has his own tiki mug that can be filled. Maybe 151 proof. The back has two holes for straws and the hat/lid lifts off. A true work of art.

Oh, and my dad thought that the monkey needed a right ear. Gives it that twisted Micky Mouse feel.

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 6:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-29 10:11, teaKEY wrote:
I know that Creating Tiki is mostly a carver thing, and I don't carve and collecting tiki is more of a mass produced thing and I never have made a mold or print of anything but I would have thought that a couple more people would be into this.

Quote:

On 2007-01-02 07:18, teaKEY wrote:
It seems like I'm just sending information out into space and talking to myself, I going to just PM the pictures of the mugs to the people that have posted here in the last month. Yes, that even includes you Grog.

Hey, I read all your stuff. It's one of the few threads that I keep up on regularly. Don't go by your # of comments, go by how many people view your thread. 14,000 views shows that you have some following...
Many may be just like me, silently enjoying your posts.
These xmas pieces are SWEET! I like the daily reveals.
This last one was extra sweet! Give your dad a "Hey pop, some dude you never heard of likes your mug" from me.
Keep it up (your work as well)

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-04 6:18 pm   Permalink

He has got quite a little attitude there, love the cigar. Nice job.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 6:35 pm   Permalink

BPB -thats true about the many may be just like me, silently enjoying your posts. Thats cool that you liked the day to day posting. I thought of it instantly on Christmas when I got them. And I want everyone to experience it just like I did. Maybe I should have done a slow picture slide show on a mug coming out from a box. But now it over for now.

VampiressRN- Truly Attitude. That Doug guy is a genius and my dad brought the ideas alive MORE. My favorite part is the hand on the head. It looks creepy in a good way.

Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 09:01 am   Permalink

Wow! Just saw this. teaKEY your father does some great work man. I'm honored that you guys would create this based on one of my paintings. You picked my favorite monkey in that piece and really captured his mood. I'm blown away.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 3:26 pm   Permalink

That's a beautiful piece teaKEY! The first photo captures it perfectly. It's hard to believe it's actually a working mug design too, and I really like the subtle modifications your Dad made to Doug's original design to make it work in 3D. It did take me a while to warm to the whole "Monkeys with Tiki" thing, but I'm definitely a convert now.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 6:01 pm   Permalink

teaKEY,

That mug is amazing!!! Please ask your dad to show us some of his work in progress or post some pictures or introduce himself. You should be really proud of him that's quite an accomplishment both in form and function. I'm sure he would be welcomed here with open arms!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-13 3:42 pm   Permalink

your dad is rad!
So is that Doug Horne minkey!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation