FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 08:20 am   Permalink

Hewey-I thought that your "If I won a million" sketch looks a bit like mine, but your planning was way better, cause the building is better centered and you fit a truck in there.

I don't know if you saw the new tiki mug by Munktiki called Orongo (which is the name for the Birdman Cult located on Easter Island) Theres more to the island than Moai and the Birdman is equally interesting.

I like the name so much that I think that will be the name of a future future tiki bar for me. I hope that its not taken yet by another but I don't think that it is. The cement thing is going well and I thought that, since I love the look and mystic of the bird "logo", I had to make one. I will probably use the photo of my bird for a bar sign. I think that my bird actually came out better than the actual bird of the birdman.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Towka

Posted: 2005-06-02 2:08 pm   Permalink

You are an awesome artist. Keep up the good work man.

View Profile of Towka Send a personal message to Towka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 3:44 pm   Permalink

double posted cause I forgot the image and the cancel wasn't fast enough

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY on 2005-06-02 15:47 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 3:44 pm   Permalink

I had my birthday over the weekend and every gift that I got were tiki. Most of it was stuff that I have never saw. Its rare when a tiki item gets by me. But some of the items were from Myrtle Beach Tiki Jims.? Something like that. I will have to show more pictures later. One of the best parts were three mugs made from my dad that does not know much about tiki. A fresh mind. I love my three new, one-of-akind mugs. Each one very different with different concept pionts.

I know that many TC's love the Bastard and my dad made this one from looking at a picture from Quest. Its close in size and the look. Its back is different but what can you expect. I like it better for this reason though. I really liked that Sneaky Tiki and this one is simuliar in the color treatment. Its sortof a bronze color inside and out. I made a limited edition card for it with a gold foil stamp of its image. Its name- Suffering Brass

the Orongo Room

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY on 2005-06-02 15:55 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 6:31 pm   Permalink

Way to go teaKEY, I Love the Orongo Room name and the Bird is just Great. Also the mug from your dad is cool and I love the color.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 9:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks Benzart

I like it too. I was thinking about doing fake rocks with the bird logo on it just like the real deals. I just need to hide the bird some behind thick vegatation. Actually that bird is a fountain.

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 11:45 pm   Permalink

Cool bird, teaKey! Happy birthday too....

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-03 03:21 am   Permalink

Cool art dude. Yeh, that sketch of yours definitely helped with the inspiration.

That bastard and that bird are way cool - me much impressed!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-03 11:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-02 15:44, teaKEY wrote:
I had my birthday over the weekend and every gift that I got were tiki. Most of it was stuff that I have never saw. Its rare when a tiki item gets by me. But some of the items were from Myrtle Beach Tiki Jims.? Something like that. I will have to show more pictures later. One of the best parts were three mugs made from my dad that does not know much about tiki. A fresh mind. I love my three new, one-of-akind mugs. Each one very different with different concept pionts.

I know that many TC's love the Bastard and my dad made this one from looking at a picture from Quest. Its close in size and the look. Its back is different but what can you expect. I like it better for this reason though. I really liked that Sneaky Tiki and this one is simuliar in the color treatment. Its sortof a bronze color inside and out. I made a limited edition card for it with a gold foil stamp of its image. Its name- Suffering Brass

What about the other 2 mugs your Dad made? That Suffering Brass is beautiful, I'd love to see pictures of the others and to hear about the sculpting, glazing & firing of all three. Plus, you said you're making a limited edition card for Suffering Brass, is he a limited edition of one, or is your Dad making more?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-03 10:58 pm   Permalink

dude, you have a great dad... great mug...kirby

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-04 1:56 pm   Permalink

Freddiefreelance- It seemed like the glazes at my school are not as good as the ones at my dad's school. It takes me more work to get a reaction from two glazes were just one glaze at my dad's class works. I found this Trader Vic's thing this weekend. The two colors pretty much match.

Here is part of the Limited Edition card for Suffering Brass. Its one card with one picture but two angles to show its gold foil qaulities. The card is the highest grade paper too. I like TikiDiablo saying he's the best mug maker in SoCal. Munktiki is North CAli. Well, I think I will say I'm the best in Michigan.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 7:50 pm   Permalink

Here is a cement wall mask that I made today next to the kitchen sink. Its of the above image of the Trader Vic statue. Although it does have a bit of changes made, due to artist licenses. Now that it is done, it looks like other stuff that I have seen before.

I also made a Necker Island idol that I will post probably tomorrow due to still drying.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2005-08-01 19:54 ]

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 8:08 pm   Permalink

Lookin fine, Teakey. Me want to see MORE!!!!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 07:29 am   Permalink

That wall mask is REALLY cool!

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 12:43 pm   Permalink

Its nice to hear encouraging words from two guys that I'm a fan of.

Here is my Necker Island piece that I did yesterday. There is only one picture of them on Google. I think that it said that there are only seven and in this picture there were five from one collection and some were just the heads. It was sort of like doing a gingerbread man. I could do a bunch for Christmas but then I would be the only one to know what it was. So here is number eight.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation