FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 4:21 pm   Permalink

Swampfire, glad you like it, I like it. And I bet TC would like to still see you do one of your monkey designs as a mug. I don't know if I said this but you seem to be liking your monkey more It seem like the monkey is coming out as a favorite character. And I think its because tikis are one thing and these monkeys seem to represent men's qualities even more after drinking.

Paipo "Monkeys with Tiki" thing, but I'm definitely a convert now" Did you see the new mugs over at Munktiki?

Tikisgrl "show us some of his work in progress or post some pictures or introduce himself" Has no camera or computer. Just wanted to make me happy.

L.L.T. Thanks, You know I love those new Birdman painting you did. Hopefully one day I will be able to get my hands on one, but knowing how many they will be loved , it will be hard.
But those painting, they give me an idea

Looks like Creating was busy this weekend, cool

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 6:52 pm   Permalink

My first mug.

Never Before Seen. MAde in 2004. Hand MAde Mug. One of One. It is Musicial. Has Skull Necklace. Ten Plus Glazes. Huge Huge Huge. Mug is Priceless.

Thanks for Looking.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 12:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-14 18:52, teaKEY wrote:
#1 My first mug. #2 It is Musicial. #3 Huge Huge Huge.

#1 Pretty cool Teakey. I was wondering when we could finally see this one.
#2 Is there a ipod or something in his ears I cannot see? does he sing? Does he get the radio like Gilligan's fillings?
#3 How big is it?

Oh crap! I'm not silently enjoying your thread anymore...
Enjoying it though,
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 04:39 am   Permalink

Hey B.P. Buzzy , glad you likey. I actually started the mug before I bought a single mug, but half way through, got my imported Munktiki U Bastard mug. I thought after that all mugs were that big. I started buying mugs to compare with mine. Ever since, most mugs look larger in their pictures then when I see them come out from a box of white peanuts.

#2 Musicial, yes. A rattle in it just like Munktiki, with five different sized balls for slightly different chines. The cool thing is, it doesn't look added on or an afterthought. Its built into the head. A false bottom.

#3 Huge, Not counting the hidden compartment, it holds I believe its 21oz.

Thanks for looking, come again.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 08:57 am   Permalink

Just got to see my May 27 birthday gift by accident. It was sitting unglazed at the studio that I go to. And wow is it a stunner. Gecko says that his mug is the first one to stand on its own two feet. Well, if I'm not mistaken, "This is the first tiki mug to stand on its own four feet." Again image used from TikiMagazine and from an artist that is not as common.

So here is the update on the BigBen. All glazed up and sitting in itself state of birth (fire).

Very happy happy with the way the glaze came out. Its almost an TikiFArm type galze (little less golden and more dark brown) and the first time that I have used this glaze and first time a glaze like this (glossy, transparent) on one of my mugs.

inside is what looks like sharkskin.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 1:41 pm   Permalink

Sharkskin looks black without the strong sunlight

next to the mug that was my first bought limited production. Was my favorite Moai.

The difference, one is hand-made and only one in the world and the other is not.

the glaze worked like magic

teaKEY

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2008-07-28 14:56 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-10 9:02 pm   Permalink

teaKEY, You Should be VERY PROUD. This guy looks Awesome, I wish I could afford him. He would look great in my new office. maybe you can make me a copy!. I Love it.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 03:40 am   Permalink

Big Ben turned out great! You should have a mold made of that sucker, if it broke it would be tragic.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 06:16 am   Permalink

Sweet that you guys like it.

"maybe you can make me a copy!. I Love it".-Ben
Ok, maybe this will work, the next thing that you make and it looks a little different, I'll make a mold of that and make five, smash the mold, give you one free of charge.
Ben, you ever thought of doing a birdman type thing. Thats what I want to do next. Or Kava Kava would be up your alley

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 06:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-13 06:16, teaKEY wrote:
Or Kava Kava would be up your alley

I had Kava Kava up my alley once. Kinda trippy.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 5:29 pm   Permalink

I have been looking and watching for an update on this guy. That turned out nice! I agree, you should get a mold of this one.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-13 7:30 pm   Permalink

BenZart-style captured and nothing but MOAI ATTITUDE, "smug & smirk" all over that one...SUPERB JOB teaKEY! BRAVO!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-14 2:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys for the feedback.

Ok here is your first looks at my newest mug. It for sale too. It would actually be the first "mug" that I will have sold, if it sells (long story).

Its got the most beautiful inside of any mugs, don't got a pic on me but here is that I do have. Asking price is probably a buck twenty. Send a PM if you are interested. Its an "Action Mug" too. Aren't you lucky.

color: Hulk Green

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-24 7:27 pm   Permalink

I love art but I have no money. Ever see a $10,000 painting that you just had to buy but didn't have that dough to spend. Thats me and thats all the time. I did something about it..

This is a Jeff Soto painting hanging in a gallery. Its my favorite one too. Jeff is a big time painting, up there with the best.

bad picture but looked sweet with morning sun burning through the window. This painting is hanging up in my bedroom.

Now, ever see "Thomas Crown Affair"(the newest one). You are probably thinking I stole it. I painted it. My second painting ever. Zero painting classes, self taught. This is a foraged painting. Its 99+% accurate. The artist himself wouldn't know the difference. I probably spent more time looking at this painting then anyone ever did/will. Color size everything. I called up Jeff, He knows. Its not for sell ,ever, I love it too much. First thing I wake up too. Starts the day off right.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-04 09:44 am   Permalink

What no Jeff Soto fans?

ok, always the fan of Flounder (www.flounderart.com) who is MIA at the moment, at least according to his website.

When I came onto TC a few years back, the first great tiki painter that I saw was Flounder but most of the tikis that he did, were older pieces that were all sold up. He did a cool sereis of Tiki MUgs on burlap and the results were incredible. Looked so real, that your swore it was a photo.

I never painted a single thing then and thought, I would never be able to paint with theses results. Since then I have done three paintings. My third painting is of MY favorite mug. Painted on found board, and looking for found frame to finish it off. Here it is. Just took a quick photo, badly washed out color and richness from real painting.

enjoy.

my painting on left, real mug on right

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation