FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 3:09 pm   Permalink

Man that is perfect! Is that just plain ol' Quickcrete mix? Do you use any admixture [latex, etc.] or just straight from the bag? Any kind of frame or armature? What size is that guy? Oh and nice drawings of my carvings, too! I think you're on to something with these concrete sculptures. I really like seeing people do different stuff, especially since Benzart just busted us all in the carving dept.!

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 4:54 pm   Permalink

teaKEY, keep up the good work. It's cool to see your experiments with different mediums. I'd like to try my hand at concrete someday as well.

A-a

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 07:16 am   Permalink

COMING SUMMER 2005 FROM teaKEY

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Towka

Posted: 2005-08-05 3:55 pm   Permalink

Dang that Necker Island guy looks like the real thing. Old lookin 2! Great Job. -Towka

View Profile of Towka Send a personal message to Towka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 12:18 pm   Permalink

The project is coming along. I'm buttoning up the "skeleton" as I write this. And I can't wait for the weekend to skin him. I'm guessing that I will will have the only one like this in the world (details next week)and it will be an actual Moai. It will have Aku Aku.

But for now, I found this link to a real "walking Moai". Someone from TC is going to have to try this if I don't get to it first.

http://www.tegakinet.jp/moai.htm

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-10 2:39 pm   Permalink

keep up the good work.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 09:11 am   Permalink

I got a lot of new tiki mug and others on the way.

here is what I thought up for the Mug Contest. Easy to do, strong when built, and so smooth. If I never win a contest, I still want to see one of these mugs make it and I will do my quest to see them come to life.

Thanks for looking- vote for teaKEY!

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 6:15 pm   Permalink

the design above has a balance with the matching top and bottom. the circle mouth is also seen in the half circles in the eyes. It doesn't have all the impossible detail and no weak spots to break at.

well, I just read that only three entries are allowed for the mug contest. I got loads of good ideas, I took this one off to make room for my Chalice design.

The one that I had in the race is this one below. There are raised sections, like the piont that is coming over the forehead. There is almost a cross in the middle of the mug. It has the shape of a woman's outline. It would be a blessing to have Munktiki make one of my mugs. You know, maybe they will want to make others that come in their second and thrid place spots later on.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2005-11-29 18:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2005-11-30 20:20 ]

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 8:32 pm   Permalink

I like the way your style is loosening up. That is a major breakthrough, at least it was for me. The mug entry is a contender.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 12:11 pm   Permalink

Hey thanks Raffertiki. Its always good to hear good words. And from someone who drawing and paints as well.

Ok folks,
Not really tiki but came from a place not to far away and yet from a far away land. The first thing that I made as a child in clay was a mug. I was about five years old and it almost looks like what is on Munktiki's website. A cross between two monsters. People have came close to making something like my original. It has one eye, like Sam's Hypno.

Here is one mug. This is not the original. Its a mug and looks like a mug shape, but there is one thing different about this mug from all the others. Any guesses.

In the right side of the picture, on the eye brow, is a quarter resting. This mug is a few feet tall and at least a foot and an half around at the top. Its a ceramic mug. I don't think that I have ever seen a mug this big. And yes, I will drink from it. Commits please

But wait, there more.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 12:45 pm   Permalink

teakey, Really interesting mug. The "Quarter resting" is neat to show the size. Is that a girl below the quarter peering into the corner of the eye? All I can say is that it is very strange, but Very Attracting too.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 2:06 pm   Permalink

teaKEY, I like both of the mug ideas, good luck on the contest. And the giant mug is great, no need for a re-fill with that sweet baby.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 4:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks you guys. Benzo, Now that I look at it, it does look like a person on the outside of the mug's eye. Its the eye raising up to start forming the nose. Its actually my eye. If you want to see, I made a fish and then saw a man's face staring back at me. Creepy.

Swampy, You are the only guy that I have ever wrote back to that has been of a cover of a magazine. I think that your work just keeps getting better. And I think that that is the first time that I have seen what you look like. I'm glad that I have my prints of yours cause now they are going up in value. Everybody, get yours while you can

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 6:34 pm   Permalink

From the original pic it looks like a woman with a shirt on and no arm but here on TikiCentral its a tiki. A Moai with a topknot.

capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 7:09 pm   Permalink

Great to see your concrete work!!!They will be around for your great grandchildren to enjoy.I might have to make me a bird man.Capo

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation