FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 11:19 am   Permalink

Thanks Capo, I got into the cement last summer and I made more cement things than anything esle. I love the way that birdman came out. So many of the lines and shapes of it work so well together. Its the best lookin one out of the 10 drawings I did. It will be interesting to see what you come up with. The Moai Project that I mentioned above, hit a major bump in the road. It was to take two days, the only ones that I had, and the first night, the wind blew it off the table before it was fully dry. A little bent up, it is waiting for next spring. It would be cool if I could get it into the local paper.

My new signature that my friend helped me do. Its of Suffering Brass

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 11:27 am   Permalink

here is the picture, now I just got to get it to save in a picture size that I can use.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-08 2:27 pm   Permalink

here is a cement lamp that I made to go in my bedroom at my parents' house. It's was the second thing that I have made in cement and I love the fact that its useful. Now I got one of those old double lampshades but I have an even better one in mind.

Here I am at one of my friend's house. I might not be the tallest person of TC but I have to be in the top three.

I made this to hole my tiki spirits. I have many things that I made, but since I don't do tiki for a living, I usually don't get around to posting all the great tiki stuff. Its pretty much like a homemade Von Franco. It the first thing that I saw tiki in a window.

Here is a tiki painting that I am currently finishing up, Its almost done and probably the best thing that I have ever made. Its killer. It the first painting that I have ever done, used cheap paints and brushes, and have no easel and space to do it in. Oh yeah, it my all time favorite tiki mug. I would have entered it into the Munktiki contest, (and they can still make it if they want), but I will one day, make these. And its my Dad's design. Yeah, I got him doing some tiki as also shown of page two?. Any who, love your feedback!

A crazy look on my face, for the photo.
later teaKEY

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-08 3:46 pm   Permalink

Dude, how tall are you? Gads! Wicked art. I'm diggin it!

-Gman

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-08 4:48 pm   Permalink

Hey, whatever you've got going on with that painting... well, it's working, working big time. Carry on!

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-08 11:30 pm   Permalink

Hey Teakey-
Sweet artwork, I dig it all, especially the concrete work.
Moon

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 11:35 am   Permalink

Thanks Gman, Foamy, and Moondance. You guys all make great stuff too. It seems these days that the only people on are the ones making the stuff. Gman, that last tiki you made, its your best again. Moondance, thats a lovely shape for your moai. Wait till you see mine in the spring.

Right when I get off the computer, I will be finishing the last few touches on my painting. I am then going to make a print of it for my Dad's Christmas gift. Looking up, I do concrete, cermanic, and now paint. Wood is next! Later all

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 12:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-08 14:27, teaKEY wrote:
...I might not be the tallest person of TC but I have to be in the top three.

No, I think you've got us all beat! Thanks for posting pics, it's nice to put a face with the username.

Can you post a closer shot of the painting?

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 4:30 pm   Permalink

Nice Mug painting Teakey...I commend you for getting the bug
and diving in...now get some chisels and start digging into wood.
When I first saw the pic of you standing next to the door I
thought it was was of those funny "tiny" house things...all
the better...lotsa muscle to carve away wood chips.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 11:47 am   Permalink

Been alittle too slow here for me lately but I have been enjoying all the Christmas fun away from TC at the moment 2.
Ben pointed out a figure in the corner of my eye. Well about a year before that mug, I made this fish for a friend's Christmas gift. Can anyone see the creepy thing going on in the glaze.

I will post a close-up tomorrow for all who don't see it. It's not tiki but made from the same material as tiki mugs and the fish is found at the beach, like tikis are.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 08:19 am   Permalink

This very strange face appear a couple days later. It has eyes, full nose, a top and bottom lip, tooth, and maybe a soulpatch. Along with around shaped head.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2005-12-30 08:20 ]

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 08:38 am   Permalink

There is also a Easter Island face in profile facing right between the gill and first downward rib just below the backbone.

This is a nice sculpture as well.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 08:41 am   Permalink

Way to go teaKEY, I love the fish. The face is hard to find but when you do find it , you can see it clearly. Stand the fish on his nose and look in the dead center of the fish and there it is.
By the way, you NEVER told us How tall you are. How tall are you?. Thanks for showing us new stuff.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 08:53 am   Permalink

Well when I was at the Chicago tiki event this year, there was someoene who was about the same hieght. I'm six foot ten. And just now, there is a show on t.v. that is about gaints and people who are tall that have problems with there hearts. Crap!

AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 10:39 am   Permalink

If I went out and got a full body tattoo of my self but only ten inches taller, then I could be 6'10".

The fish looks cool, I've carved a few thousand fish. I use to work at a fish market. I have carved a few out of wood also. The wood ones always smell better in the long run.

Nice work, thanks for posting.
Now get back to the kiln and fire up some more tikis.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation