FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-29 9:39 pm   Permalink

al0ha teaKEY!

I want to tell 0'tale of how I came upon the sacred bowl of the MOAI TRIO...

)))------->>>>>>> Upon crossing the furthest point of the South Seas...the compass rose spins madly...washed ashore black sands of an uncharted island...deep within the darkest screams of jungle...poison darts fly like mosquitos from blowguns of starving cannibals...lowered into the mouth and firey bowels of an angry volcano...steam clears to reveal a hidden paradise...behind the tall cascading waterfall curtain...a voluptuous wahine lay naked upon a mound of rubies, emeralds and sapphires...she slides her hands between her creamy thighs...BEHOLD the mysterious MOAI TRIO!!!
Sailing homeward a terrible storm occurs...HUGE swells...waves SMASHING the bow of the vessel...Cap'n Crunch tossed EVERYWHERE! I lay upon the deck...gazing upon the upset bowl...I discover a haunting vision...that of the MOAI TRIO staring through my very soul...perched safely upon thier Rapa Nui.

H0 teaKEY, me-liKEY-me-teaKEY bowl!!!

Flip-fl0p-fLipPp....

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 12:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks Foamy on the comps. I need to do a Pollock soon and really feel the paint.

Hey TravelingJones,
Thats a great description of origins. Very vivid pictures. Just glad that you like the Trio and I'm happy to know where it is at, at the moment. The pictures look great. The blue print that you have under it, sets it off. I even got a taste of what it feels like to have one of my tiki items in a collection and on Ooga-Mooga. And that feeling is a good one. A taste that is going to keep me going. Thanks Traveling!
LAter

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 9:56 pm   Permalink

TeaKEY,

I'm super impressed with your pufferfish painting. I've always loved impressionism, not an art/painting critic by any means. But my gut is that I really like that piece, and gut feel trumps all in my book. Keep doing what you're doing - it's great!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 12:11 pm   Permalink

The gut is the true decision maker. Thats very true. My gut is saying, Aaron, what great tiki have you been up to lately.

So as shown in Marketplace, I painted up a couple of Tikifarm Ape mugs. Now, I can't do a couple without doing one for myself. But like I have stated I am not doing anymore on Ebay or maybe no more but I sure think that the semi-matte black ape mug is one of the best looking around. The mug transforms from a mere ape into a snarling Gorilla.

I think that Tikifarm should do a second color-way on these mugs. I didn't even like the ape mug when it first came out, but after seeing it in person and then changing it too, I love this guy. Its the best canvas of all the tiki mugs.

I even did up the bottom, so no white ring ^^^^^^^^^

And then there's more. But this guy has taken a nap in the jungle and will reemerge later tonight to show you the most hardcore lookin mug on the planet.

Comments PMs

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2006-05-30 12:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2006-05-30 12:13 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 4:43 pm   Permalink

Here is the black mug next to my best find. O, this wasn't my favorite picture that I had of it.

This one is jet black mean and mysterious. Its got a gold grille and burning red eyes. Its wearing the black on black FOM fez. The lettering is in gold (the king of mugs) and the "O" in FOM is the all seeing eye.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-15 05:22 am   Permalink

hi

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-25 12:12 pm   Permalink

Jesus, I almost broke my back but its mostly here. Will post pictures tomorrow and then give a little introduction a little later in the day after that.

One year later than predicted but its certainly becoming a reality.

Moai Project 2005-2006 and on.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-26 08:57 am   Permalink

Its strange that Cap and Seamus posted this weekend. I thought about you guys for a second over the weekend

So I started my cement tiki last summer and the first was a simple head, then head lamp, fountain birdman, and then a 3 footer fountain. Two others were made as well. Each one better than the last by two fold.

One is still top-secret and the other I worked on and then disaster happened. Mother nature halted the project but this year, I pulled up my shelves and accomplished what I had no idea could have been made.

I have made better and better and the next better was bigger. This guy is a monster. Bigger than I am, (not by much) at seven feet. Four bags of 60 pound mortar. Its completely hollow like a Chocolate Easter bunny and the skin is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep.

(looking like a man that bit his last one)

Virtually no internal structure. And ofcousre heavy. Certainly not a feat for most. I will never do one like this again. The cement does not like to stay on the tiki for the most part. If your luckly two steps forward, one back but this is progress.

And it may be the first real Moai in the last hundreds of years, for the one and most important reason but I will say more about this later, more still to do, in this Moai project.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 05:48 am   Permalink

Man, so many people are doing the concrete tikis and moais right now. There has been the biggest BOOM on posts about it this week. And yet, no one has made a commit to anything on my page six.

I don't make these for anyone but myself but I would figure that the people most interested in see and talking about these tiki would be member of a tiki forum. So since it is just for me, I think that I will just keep it to myself, what I have been up to. Now if it was made out of wood!?

the back

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2006-07-11 17:18 ]

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 11:04 am   Permalink

TeaKEY, prop it up so's we can see it in it's glory. Show us the top secret thingy too. Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 12:32 pm   Permalink

Yeah, more pics.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 5:19 pm   Permalink

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 5:41 pm   Permalink

Holy Freakin Moai!!!!

How tall? What's he weigh?

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 6:18 pm   Permalink

I'm seven feet tall when wearing shoes and Moe Eye is maybe just under 7.5 feet. I am guessing the wiegh is a very light 250 pounds cause I used about 4 - 60 pound bags. Very hollow, I have no idea how heavy it could be when filled. I may fill with sand or see if it will float. I think it could very well float. The water is just behind the house seen in some photos.

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 03:39 am   Permalink

Is that the final outer finish? or are you going to apply a texture/color coat?

My bet is it would sink, and fast. I wouldn't try it (unless you have a crane)

Mahalo

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation