FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki coffee tiki mug?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
coffee tiki mug?
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:09 am   Permalink

Today I brought in 'Goon' by Doug Horne.

He's a good size, & fairly smooth on the inside. Quite stable.

Ceramics do heat up quite a bit when full of hot beverage, so as Humuhumu suggested, it's best to keep a little space at the top for handling.

So far, I likey!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 10:00 am   Permalink

My two humble suggestions...

or (my personal choice)

Especially in those ultra-professional environments.

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 10:07 am   Permalink

Great choice Helz!!
The Mai Kai was lacking in the headhunter mug department when I was there, but as soon as I get the chance I'm going to add one to my collection!
Even has a handle and everything!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 3:57 pm   Permalink

Ok, so after posting this, I boiled a little water and set about having myself a nice cup of Lemon Zinger Headhunter tea...and then quickly realized that the headhunter mug really isn't a particularly great choice because the handle is hollow and heats up pretty good.

The 'owl mask' one, that the Mai Kai uses for it's Kona Coffee Grog, does not suffer from this problem and works flawlessly.

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-26 11:54 am   Permalink

DB - we're sending you something, once Tiki Bot decides which one he wants to keep for himself
I am enjoying my morning coffee and TC surfing while drinking from my Marooned at TOV mug.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15065&forum=12

I'm pretty sure there aren't any left.

mrs. pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-26 2:35 pm   Permalink

You're right helz, thanks for the great research!

It looks like the hollow handle would make for an uncomfortable cup o' coffee or tea. I guess my preference would now be for the owl faced feller!

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 10:34 pm   Permalink

Last year Helz was kind enough to mail me both of the awesome handled mugs from the Mai Mai, and I'm ashamed to say I haven't brought one to work with me yet.

After receiving some inquiries from a new member with regards to using a tiki mug for everyday coffee use, I think I'll bring one to work with me tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Has anyone ever used the plastic Kona Coffee mugs for actual hot coffee?

Anyone else use ceramic tiki mugs for their morning jolt of caffeine?

Cheers!

Great Minds Drink Alike

sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-16 10:21 pm   Permalink

Personally I enjoy using the Tiki Farm skull mug for my coffee. It doesn't hold that much but it's double layer goodness holds in the heat fairly well, especially when preheated with some hot water before the good stuff goes it. The wideness of the lip leads to some drips but it's not that bad.

When I sit in for my manager at the weekly staff meeting I always have this mug with me and make sure it is facing my least favorite coworker who shouldn't even be at the big kids table. It's for managers and designees, not for wannabes and posers. I'm not bitter about it, honest.

There is a picture of me and my mug someplace on my computer that I send Holden and friends but I can't seem to find it and my web mail is doing funny things...ah, there it is.

At work I wouldn't think of using anything but this mug for coffee.

[ This Message was edited by: sporkboyofjustice 2007-03-16 22:52 ]

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-16 10:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-24 10:00, HelzTiki wrote:
My two humble suggestions...

or (my personal choice)

Especially in those ultra-professional environments.

Say, HelzTiki where did you get those? I saw a small picture of them in Dynasty wholesale, but they weren't for sale in the recent catalog. If you or anyone know where i can get these new generations of the classics I would appreciate it.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 10:00 am   Permalink

My fav is Hot Lava Java. It has a solid handle so no worries of it getting too hot. You can get the matching sugar and cream set as well. It can be found at http://www.bartiki.com.

[ This Message was edited by: dibroc 2007-03-17 19:47 ]

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 7:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-17 10:00, dibroc wrote:
My Fav is Hot Lava Java. you can get the matching sugar and cream set as well. can get it many places including our friends at http://www.bartiki.com.

I wonder if this one will still be produced now that Hot Lava Java has closed.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-30 10:47 am   Permalink

I've been searching for another tiki-ish coffee mug since my Tiki Farm one developed a crack on the handle.

Ran across this Tommy Bahama coffee mug today. $12 for a 16-ouncer, plus free shipping through 7/31.

http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Home/Barware/PRD_TH2403/Green+Party+Coffee+Mug.jsp

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 1:02 pm   Permalink

Nice looking coffee mug, but what is the green party? As in politics?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 1:11 pm   Permalink

Personally, i use my Tiki Farm PUPULE for coffee at the studio!
You only have to fill it TWICE for a whole day!
it's like a Tiki Big Gulp!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 6:18 pm   Permalink

I would recommend this myself - it's a nice mug, and doesn't feel cheap.

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=2251

Seems to be available here:

http://www.hawaiiboundintl.com/haticemug.html

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation