FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Chicago Exotica 2005
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Chicago Exotica 2005
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-24 4:30 pm   Permalink

Aloha!
We have been working hard to put together an Exotica event here in Chicago this summer and we wanted to let you know that we have secured a venue and locked in on a date. We'll be celebrating Tiki this year the weekend of July 9th. Dubbed "Exotica 2005—Luau by the Lake," we hope to have a full program with lots of excitement and entertainment for everyone. The main event will take place that Saturday, with additional functions slated for Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

We are currently lining up our entertainment and hope to soon have the confirmations necessary to make proper announcements about who you'll see at Exotica this year. If you would like to participate, either as a performer or as a vendor, please contact us at
exoticachicago@ameritech.net We would love to have as many carvers, Tiki artists, and Tiki vendors (especially vintage!) as possible, but space is limited—so if you'd like to join us, please let us know as soon as possible.

Future updates and announcements will appear in this thread, so keep an eye out and we hope you can start making plans to join us this summer.

Exotica website: http://www.pegboardchicago.com/exotica
-Duke and Amy

[ This Message was edited by: boutiki on 2005-06-23 09:42 ]

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 08:50 am   Permalink

Save me a spot - I'm THERE, baby!
YAAAAAY!

While there, we can all buy mrsmiley a cocktail - he'll be celebrating his, um, 29th birthday!!

(And thankyouthankyouthankyou for having Exotica during the summer and NOT during the school year!!)

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 09:13 am   Permalink

Yippee!! Count me in too!!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 10:36 am   Permalink

Me too! I can't wait.

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Neptune Wahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-25 2:58 pm   Permalink

All I can say is YEAH!!!!!!!! Neptune Tiki and I have been anxiously awaiting the date for this event. THANKS!!!!! Chicago in July is tikirific! Count two in from Neptune Beach, Florida.

View Profile of Neptune Wahine Send a personal message to Neptune Wahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 3:01 pm   Permalink

We will be there for sure. Gotta love Chicago.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 3:11 pm   Permalink

Are any Bay Area folks interested in taking the California Zephyr to Exotica? The fare is only about $150 one-way.

This may be your last time to ride this train, as there are no subsidies for Amtrak in next year's federal budget.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-25 3:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-25 15:11, cynfulcynner wrote:

Are any Bay Area folks interested in taking the California Zephyr to Exotica? The fare is only about $150 one-way.

This may be your last time to ride this train, as there are no subsidies for Amtrak in next year's federal budget.

Jesus wept!
Over 48 consecutive hours on a train! I can't even handle the 6 hour flight out to the East Coast without tearing out my hair ...

so put me down as a "no"

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-26 12:22 am   Permalink

cant wait, exotica in may , gettin married at the kona kai in september, then off to hukilau in october!!!!!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2005-02-26 07:02 am   Permalink

Count me in. I'd like to be a vendor as well. We should be coming out with the 2nd issue of Tiki Magazine at about that time.

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-26 4:37 pm   Permalink

Exotica, here I come! I will be celebrating my 30th (yikes) birthday July 1st so this will be a great time to enjoy many a cocktails and tiki.

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-26 6:08 pm   Permalink

This is good news. Luckily I happen to have already secured that week as a vacation from work. Now that is a sweet thing. I sure hope we can make it cause we love Chicago and it would be excellent to finally meet other TC'ers in person!
OK, I gotta go tell Mrs. 8FT

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 08:26 am   Permalink

Is there anywhere cheap to stay, or anyone cheap to stay with? lol It's not only $29 each way from pittsburgh to Chicage, which I can more than afford, but with all the exotica events, fundage for hotels would be a bit low. And I don't know how I'd get around, but that's another issue. It looks like I may get to go to my first trader vics!!!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 10:02 am   Permalink

i will have vacation time by july with the new job, so w. kitty and i are _there_! j$$$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 10:23 am   Permalink

I'm sure the organizers will have some places mapped out that are affordable. I would look into staying near hala kahiki. there's a cheap motel about 3 or four blocks from it. you could stagger home from the bar. there are some others nearby, but would require a short cab ride. as far as getting around, there is a train stop right there by the hotels that takes you into the city....

my place is four train stops from the trader vics...I'm thinking of having alittle bar-b-que that weekend ....we can party in the bamboo bunker than catch train down to trader vics. My buddy andrew has a condo with a huge rooftop deck overlooking the skyline....we tikied it out and dubbed it the " skyland" because it is the tallest building in that area (8 stories) and the place looks like a tropical island in the sky. he'll probably have something going on as well too. we had the cocktail preachers surf band play up there last summer for the kick-off party to celebrate his closing on the condo....i'll post the link later tonight with pics of the event....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation