FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Chicago Exotica 2005
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Chicago Exotica 2005
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 9:07 pm   Permalink

GikiTiki,
We should have made mention of the "tickets". They are actually "E" Tickets, as in electronic tickets– and I guess sort of like the Disney E-ticket ride too. Just like Southwest airlines, you will not get a piece of paper in the mail, but rather you will be put on the list in the order that you purchased your ticket. We'll have that list at the door, so all you need to do is show up.

hala bullhiki,
The vendors will just be at FitzGerald's that Saturday, the other venues are much to small to accommodate them and we want to have space for as many revelers as possible. We do have a great assortment of vendors, so there should be loads of cool stuff available. Now I just have to remember to hide Duke's wallet.

-Amy

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GikiTiki

Posted: 2005-04-29 09:20 am   Permalink

Amy,

Thanks for the info. What time can we get into Fitz's?

Mahalo and see you there!

GT

View Profile of GikiTiki Send a personal message to GikiTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-04-29 4:21 pm   Permalink

I'm in!

I just purchased my airline ticket - arriving Thursday, and staying at the Write Inn. I will also be spending the following week in Wisconsin (House on the Rock, the Dells area, some other places) afterwards.

I'm looking forward to it, as I had to miss the first Chicago Exotica event.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 8:30 pm   Permalink

Hey Vern,
We will be arriving Thursday as well also at the Write Inn. You're going to Trader Vic's too right? Mai Tais only $5 with an all you can eat appetizer buffet. Yum Yum!!
See you there.
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 10:54 pm   Permalink

is there a partial list of who will be vending at this yet??

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 10:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-01 22:54, hala bullhiki wrote:

HB,
Go to website,
www.chicagoexotica.com and you will find the list of vendors.
D&C

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 6:46 pm   Permalink

awsome, glad the list is up now, been checkin back daily!!!......

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-02 10:23, BambooLodge wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-05-01 22:54, hala bullhiki wrote:

HB,
Go to website, http://www.chicagoexotica.com and you will find the list of vendors.
D&C

What, no Hot Dog vendors!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-09 2:39 pm   Permalink

I got my plane ticket last week and am really looking forward to this event. I missed the last Exotica. Can't wait to meet folks and see old friends.

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 08:02 am   Permalink

send me some flyers and promo stuff and i'll help promote the show....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 6:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:
...send me some flyers and promo stuff ...

Thanks Tipsy, I'll get in touch with you to get your mailing address.

I also wanted to make everyone aware that the discounted rooms they have blocked for Exotica at the 2 hotels are filling up. The discounted rate is only available until June 2nd at the Carleton and June 10th at the Write Inn. So if you wanted to stay in Oak Park at either of the hotels, it might be prudent to make your reservation soon.

We also have a bunch of really cool stuff that has been contributed as raffle prizes (to be held Saturday) and door prizes (at each event). We'll soon be posting a list of the items and the donors on the vendors page of the Exotica website.

-Amy

www.chicagoexotica.com

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 10:25 am   Permalink

pm me for my address or you can pull it off my website at www.dskdesigns.com to send me flyers to help promote. don't forget to get some to dva gallery for their opening. if not, i can definately drop off a pile of em' if you send me some. I have a few to drop off at tabu tiki tonight...(got them from vintage delux). I am also considering contibuting some original art to the raffle. send me details... also, I will have a car trunkload of elviki tiki figurines at all the events so if anyone wants to pick one up, let me know...

thanks!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 9:31 pm   Permalink

We have had an update on the Exotica site which should answer some of your questions.

Quote:

On 2005-04-29 09:20, GikiTiki wrote:
What time can we get into Fitz's?

The event at FitzGerald's is all day, from noon 'till midnight. We have a schedule for the bands and DJs on Saturday that we are locking down. We'll add that to the site as soon as it's confirmed.

-Duke and Amy

tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-29 11:09 pm   Permalink

Believe it or not, I'm in. Purple Jade talked me into it and I thank her. Can't wait!!! I've never been to Chicago!!! I know, I'm going to Exotica, but still--my thoughts turn towards some of the other things for which Chicago is famous (besides bad weather and hot dogs.)

In other words, isn't there supposed to be some good jazz there too? Or was that fifty years ago...I tend to be out of date...

Lisa aka tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 10:43 am   Permalink

The event mug debut is coming! I'm getting excited about this event!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation