FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Chicago Exotica 2005
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Chicago Exotica 2005
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-01 2:30 pm   Permalink

Wish I was going.
Can someone tell Del Villareal
howdy for me, and tell
Ken Mottet (the mc) that he was missed in Indianapolis.
Thanks much, and I hope y'all have a
super time!!!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-01 3:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-01 12:01, Dawn32 wrote:
So, when's everyone planning on going to Hala Kahiki? Is there gonna be somewhere where we all can meet?

Dawn, I believe the planners have Hala Kahiki scheduled in at 4-7 on Friday. I think I am going to go over the Chef Shangri-La for dinner - and the best Mai Tai outside of Trader Vic's - afterwards. I can cart some people over there in the Mobile Exploration Lab 2.0, if anyone wants to join me. Drop me a PM.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-01 5:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-01 15:54, tikibars wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-07-01 12:01, Dawn32 wrote:
So, when's everyone planning on going to Hala Kahiki? Is there gonna be somewhere where we all can meet?

Dawn, I believe the planners have Hala Kahiki scheduled in at 4-7 on Friday. I think I am going to go over the Chef Shangri-La for dinner - and the best Mai Tai outside of Trader Vic's - afterwards. I can cart some people over there in the Mobile Exploration Lab 2.0, if anyone wants to join me. Drop me a PM.

Hate to sound re-dundant but,
....you could check the website to get the correct times for all the events
www.chicagoexotica.com
....the correct time is actually 3pm to 7pm with an after party at the side bar at Fitzgeralds & Southern Culture is playing in the club also that nite!
TTFN

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 2:48 pm   Permalink

Hey everyoe -

I just got a phone call from Miss Formica, Alice Berry. She is one the road from Texas to Chicago as we speak, and has discovered that her room mate for the weekend has had to cancel plans to attend.

So - she either needs someone to be her room mate in the hotel she has booked (it is one of the ones in Oak Park), or needs to cancel the room and jump in to a room mate situation with someone who has an extra bed.

I am hesitant to post her cell number in public, and she will not have internet access until after she arrives in Chicago, so if anyone either needs a place to stay or has extra space in their room, PM me and I will put you in touch with Alice.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ManoKoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-05 08:50 am   Permalink

I have never been to any Tiki event and I'm stoked to see that it's coming up. I plan on bringin the wahine and menehune along to the Sat event at Fitzgeralds but I wanted to pose a few questions if anyone can help.

Which of the events is best to see the vendors for the weekend?

I see that Fitzgeralds welcomes families but are there really other kids that go to these things? (my daughter is 5)

Would it be too much to put on a maori face pattern for the event?

Any info would help since I have no idea of what to expect. Mahalo to you all and hope to run into some of you on Sat.

View Profile of ManoKoa Send a personal message to ManoKoa  Email ManoKoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-05 10:29 am   Permalink

Hi ManoKoa,

Saturday is the only event that vendors will be set up. Just a few days to go!

Esqui
www.galleryhidden.com

View Profile of EsQui Send a personal message to EsQui  Email EsQui Goto the website of EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 3:59 pm   Permalink

Still have not heard from many of the T.C. faithful! Who is going to Vic's on Thur. the 7th riding the Green Line. I am staying at The Write Inn. I can't be the only out-of-towner at this hotel! I know some of you are at The Carleton (Turbogod,Johnny$,etc.),but there has to be others! Let's hear from you! If not, Turbo and Johnny$ what time are you going to Vic's? I will be arriving in Chicago sometime around 4:00 p.m. I was thinking of hitching a ride on the Line sometime after 6:00. Sound doable? How far is The Write Inn from The Carleton in Oak Park? Anybody?

Cheers!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 5:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-05 15:59, blacksandz wrote:
Still have not heard from many of the T.C. faithful! Who is going to Vic's on Thur. the 7th riding the Green Line. I am staying at The Write Inn. I can't be the only out-of-towner at this hotel! I know some of you are at The Carleton (Turbogod,Johnny$,etc.),but there has to be others! Let's hear from you! If not, Turbo and Johnny$ what time are you going to Vic's? I will be arriving in Chicago sometime around 4:00 p.m. I was thinking of hitching a ride on the Line sometime after 6:00. Sound doable? How far is The Write Inn from The Carleton in Oak Park? Anybody?

Cheers!

Arriving around 5pm. Probably safe to say will be checking in around 6pm, dropping off bags and heading out asap. Have no idea how far the 2 places are from each other.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 7:06 pm   Permalink

Wow! Turbo that is cutting it close! Not even enough time to breathe! If I knew the distance(walking?)from the Write Inn to The Carleton Motor Inn, I could possibly meet you at the Inn. There has to be some sort of sub-station for the Green Line in Oak Park? Chi-town regulars any help? Damn, I sure would like to see that dance! I definitely don't want to go by myself to Vic's!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
powerofthetiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 8:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-05 19:06, blacksandz wrote:
Wow! Turbo that is cutting it close! Not even enough time to breathe! If I knew the distance(walking?)from the Write Inn to The Carleton Motor Inn, I could possibly meet you at the Inn. There has to be some sort of sub-station for the Green Line in Oak Park? Chi-town regulars any help? Damn, I sure would like to see that dance! I definitely don't want to go by myself to Vic's!

Here are the Directions from msn maps

Start: Depart Start on Pleasant St (West) 0.1 < 1min
1: Turn RIGHT (North) onto SR-43 [Harlem Ave] 0.2 0:01
2: Turn RIGHT (East) onto Lake St 0.6 0:01
3: Turn LEFT (North) onto N Oak Park Ave 0.1 0:01
End: Arrive End < 0.1 < 1min
Total Route 1.0 mi 3 mins

View Profile of powerofthetiki Send a personal message to powerofthetiki  Email powerofthetiki Goto the website of powerofthetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 8:58 pm   Permalink

This may be a lame question, but at Fitzgeralds is the pig roast included in the ticket price? or is it just an admission fee?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 03:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-05 20:58, finkdaddy wrote:
This may be a lame question, but at Fitzgeralds is the pig roast included in the ticket price? or is it just an admission fee?

The pig roast is not included in the ticket price, but all the fabulous bands are.
See Ya There!

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 12:26 pm   Permalink

Hey Monsieur Tikibars...

is Formica still looking for a roomie?!?

Sorry for the multiple communiques...

tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 3:54 pm   Permalink

First off, let me say 24 hrs. or less and counting! Powerofthetiki, I completely forget you were heading to Chicago with Turbogod. Of course, MSN maps (Yahoo,etc.)what am I thinking! Thanks so much for giving me the details to the Carleton Motor Inn. The distance from the Write Inn is just an oar's length away. No problems! I will be waiting for the two of you at the Motor Inn. You will spot me, I will be the one with my tongue dragging on the ground, waiting for a Mai Tai! With all that Maryland mana exuding from power and turbo, it should be easy spotting the two of you! Besides, I will just look for two individuals stumbling over luggage with a crazed look in their eyes, dying for a drink! I hope you guys see this post before you leave. See you soon! Get those dancing shoes ready Turbo!

Aloha Chicago!

"Bet your bottom dollar you lose the blues in Chicago, Chicago... Chairman of the Board.

DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 5:56 pm   Permalink

I just heard some upsetting news that Purple Jade will be missing Exotica because of Tropical Storm Dennis, which is expected to be a category 3 or 4 hurricane by Saturday night, and is predicted to hit New Orleans by Sunday, the day she would be flying home. Tropical storm Cindy hit last night and left quite a bit of destruction in its wake, she was without power from last night and for most of the day today. Miss PJ is looking at quite a bit of clean up because of Cindy, the storm hit her parents house pretty hard.
PJ is very upset that she will be missing out on Exotica.
Since her elderly parents rely solely on her for support, and since category 4 hurricanes are mandatory evacuations for the city of New Orleans, they can't leave without her help. Plus to make matters worse her Mother in Law was in a head on car crash today and was sent to the hospital, thank God for airbags!
I guess when it rains it pours.
Poor thing, I just got off the phone with her and she was in tears.
I'm writing this to let people know she wont be attending the event.
I have no doubt that there is no other place she'd rather be other than in Chi-town having the time of her life with her TC ohana.
I know less than nothing about hurricanes, I just hope it isn't as bad as the National Hurricane Center is predicting.
Cuz it don't sound good.
Batten down the hatches New Orleans!
It is better to be safe than sorry!
PJ your making the right decision, to stay and take care of your family and friends if they should need you.
Your a good daughter!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-07-06 18:12 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation