FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Chicago Exotica 2005
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Chicago Exotica 2005
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-14 12:47 pm   Permalink

For those of us who need to get plane tickets, what days are we talking about? Friday and Sat nite only? THurs-sat night?, etc. Any help would be Zazz!!

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-20 09:02 am   Permalink

We just got back from a couple of weeks in New York, so we are struggling to catch up, but we are pleased to be able to announce some of the entertainers who will be performing at Exotica.

Included in Saturday's festivities will be DJ Del Villarreal, Petty Booka, Kaiser George, The Neanderthals, the World Famous Pontani Sisters, and the fabulous Los Straitjackets! We are still waiting to confirm the participation of more great bands and performers, so stay tuned. We will also have the website up soon which will keep you up to the minute with further details. It's at:
www.pegboardchicago.com/exotica

We have plans in place for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with the possibility of a little something on Thursday. We are also looking for a centrally located hotel which would be a cool place to stay and would be willing to offer Exotica attendees a good rate. If we have success with a hotel, we'll let you know right away. If you are anxious to make plans and can find a good price on a nice hotel on-line, by all means, lock it in.

We'll let you know more as soon as we have anything to share.

-Duke and Amy

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-20 09:36 am   Permalink

oh my god, petty booka and los straightjackets???.....that rules....cant wait!!!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 07:24 am   Permalink

Saw Petty Booka last nite, and they were great! Can hardly wait until they come back to play Exotica. So far the list of talent is FaBuLoUs!

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 07:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-20 09:36, hala bullhiki wrote:
oh my god, petty booka and los straightjackets???.....that rules....cant wait!!!

last time i saw los straightjackets they were selling the mexican wrestling masks.

i can see it now... mexican wrestling masks and fezzes...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 1:49 pm   Permalink

Bump, any new info?

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 9:12 pm   Permalink

Thanks Turbogod, we have been meaning to share more with everyone. It has been slow going getting everyone that we invited to confirm, what with so many different schedules and all. At this point we are pleased to let you know that we will also be joined by the Haole Kats all the way from Florida as well as Chicago's own Windy City Islanders and steel guitar master John Rauhouse. It looks like the High Risers will be doing a special set for us and of course what would a Tiki event be without King Kukulele as your master of ceremony?

As we speak, master carver Danny of Tiki Diablo is working on crafting the special limited edition Exotica Tiki mug which will only be available at the event.

We are still trying to find a hotel or two that will offer a special rate to Exotica attendees. There is a very nice historic hotel in lovely downtown Oak Park that may be willing and we are looking into a larger hotel that, while not as close by, may have space for impromptu get-togethers. In the end, it may just be a case of letting folks stay where they feel is going to be the most comfortable for them (and their budget).

Please be patient, we are working as hard as we can to confirm everything. As soon as the entertainers are all locked in and we have a definite schedule, we'll post that here and add it to the Exotica website. There are still some opportunities for sponsors and some space left for vendors. If anyone is interested, be sure to let us know.

Mahalo!
-Amy and Duke

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 10:11 pm   Permalink

Do you have an idea of the times us vendors will be selling? Will we have access to or sightlines to the entertainment... i.e. last year's Hukilau? I thought that set up was perfect as people could watch, drink and shop all at the same time.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing putting this together this year! It'll be a blast!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lissette EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-01 09:15 am   Permalink

Thanks Amy and Duke for putting together such an awesome event. What an amazing performance lineup! We are so looking forward to it. We are counting the days till Exotica!

View Profile of Lissette EsQui Send a personal message to Lissette EsQui  Goto the website of Lissette EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-04-06 11:01 am   Permalink

moderators: Please put this event in the Event Calendar. It's listed in August but the dates are actually July 8-10.

Mahalo!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-06 11:07 am   Permalink

Thanks for pointing that out Jab! It's also actualy the 7th-10th. We'll be kicking off that Thursday night at Trader Vic's.

-Amy

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-06 11:58 am   Permalink

I sent a note weeks ago to fix that and nothing...

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-07 12:36 pm   Permalink

I haven't been to Exotica yet, so excuse my lameness. But do you need tickets for Exotica or is it free?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 12:43 am   Permalink

okay-

here's my 2 cents worth......first off, I have a list of the following bands that would love to be a part of exotica 2005. some of which may have contacted you, the carters, already. they are:

the cocktail preachers, our premier midwest surf band, headlining taboo tiki nights this month.

the reluctant aquanauts, another midwest surf combo making waves across chicago.

and finally, the penthouse playboys, the closest thing to rat pack lounge since sinatra. these guys are awesome.

please try to contact them.....they would make a great addition to the event......

now, here's a suggestion......dave, have you thought about having an event at the castaways bar on north beach?? for those of you who don't know, north beach is the "hot spot" in the summertime here in chicago. they have live music all summer long and are open till 11 a.m. during the week. the castaways is composed of a large, real ship that was set upon the shore of the lake. It houses bike and volleyball rentals as well as fast food vendors. the stairwells are the original smokestacks of the ship. the upstairs serves great bar food and tropical drinks. It's the perfect setting for a surf show line-up What better way to offer a slice of chicago in the summer to out-of-towners than a lake-side event. swim, eat, drink and listen to cool tunes!!

You may want to check into who does the booking for the bands, which play all summer long. I think if you told them what you were planning, you should be able to strike a good deal......keep us all posted...a night at fitzgeralds' and a daytime event on the lake front would be an awesome combo to a great event!!

best of luck to all of you involved!! I look forward to the event!!

-dave

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 12:45 am   Permalink

11 a.m....what am I...drunk??? it's till 11 p.m...sorry.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation