FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Chicago Exotica 2005
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Chicago Exotica 2005
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 6:27 pm   Permalink

cannot wait, and when will danny unveil his mug for this???

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-22 2:18 pm   Permalink

Aloha! More info:

We have confirmed another Hotel that will give Exotica attendees a discount on their room rates. The Carleton of Oak Park
www.carletonhotel.com Just like the Write Inn, all you need to do is call the Carleton at 1-888-CARLETON and ask for either Stuart Abel or Dana Enari in group sales and let them know you will be attending "Exotica Luau by the Lake" that weekend and they will set you up. You can also try making your reservation using email by contacting Stuart or Dana at info@carletonhotel.com Our understanding is that there is a Motel portion and a Hotel portion of the Carleton and the rates vary based on the accommodations, so there will be different price points based on what you want or need in a room.

This info will be added to the Exotica website very soon, so if you want first dibs on the hotels, we'd suggest making your reservation soon.

-Duke and Amy

p.s. Danny is hard at work on the Exotica mug. As soon as we have some pictures to share, we will.

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-22 3:23 pm   Permalink

Turbogod & PoweroftheTiki in the Motorlodge. Thanks Duke & Amy for getting all this info together.

[ This Message was edited by: turbogod on 2005-04-22 20:51 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-26 4:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2005-04-22 15:23, Turbogod wrote: Turbogod & PoweroftheTiki in the Motorlodge.

Do you mean the Motor Inn part of the Carlton? Or yet a third hotel? I just want to make sure that:
1.) I'm right on a train line - that made it SO nice last year.
2.) I get to look forward to another of Turbogod's pole dances on the train.....

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-26 6:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-26 16:41, Formikahini wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-04-22 15:23, Turbogod wrote: Turbogod & PoweroftheTiki in the Motorlodge.

Do you mean the Motor Inn part of the Carlton? Or yet a third hotel? I just want to make sure that:
1.) I'm right on a train line - that made it SO nice last year.
2.) I get to look forward to another of Turbogod's pole dances on the train.....

1. Yep @ the Carlton.
2. I'm workin' on a new routine.

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2005-04-26 19:01 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-27 5:36 pm   Permalink

The Exotica website has been updated with more info and tickets are now available for Trader Vic's on Thursday and the big Saturday show at FitzGerald's. Trader Vic's has limited capacity (about 120) so if you plan to be there, grab your tickets while you can. The Hala Kahiki and Chef Shangri-La also have limited seating capacity, but there is no ticket to purchase--just make your reservation to be sure you are on the list. Since the space at these smaller venues is limited, please only make reservations if you are certain you will be attending. We'd hate for anyone to be turned away and then for there to be empty seats at the event.

We will soon update the vendors page with information about the folks who will have cool stuff available Saturday. There are one or two more surprises still in store, so check back on the site regularly.

You can still visit the Exotica site at the address we gave before, but we now also have a new and improved url:
www.chicagoexotica.com It's easy to remember, so pass it on to your friends.

Mahalo!
-Duke and Amy

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-27 8:32 pm   Permalink

Duke,
Which airport is better to fly into if you're staying in Oak Park? Ohare or Midway?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 03:56 am   Permalink

Poly-Pop,

The nice thing about Oak Park is that it is almost equidistant from Midway (~10 miles) and O'Hare (~11 miles).

Hope you'll be able to make it out to Chicago!

-Duke

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 08:13 am   Permalink

Made my reservation with the Carleton. We'll be there. Looks like we will be arriving on Saturday in a convoy with the Haole Kats and Pablus. They are playing a show here in Knoxville on their way up on Friday.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 08:55 am   Permalink

Oh man, this mug is shaping up to be one of my personal favorites! Tasty drinks only to be served in this one. Que viva El Santo!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 09:07 am   Permalink

Bought my Trader Vics ticket, bought my big luau ticket, and made my reservations at The Carleton Inn (Motor Inn)!!! I'm in town at least that Thursday thru Sunday, and probably staying on for a few more days afterwards to see the city and visit with Chicago friends who got completely bypassed at the last Exotica!

Now, which dresses to take...........

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 09:09 am   Permalink

Tickets have been bought, hotel has been paid for, just found out Swanky and Pablus are going to be there. I can't wait!!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GikiTiki

Posted: 2005-04-28 3:34 pm   Permalink

Hello there.
When Can I expect the tickets to arrive?

Mahalo

View Profile of GikiTiki Send a personal message to GikiTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 6:46 pm   Permalink

we are there! now, cross fingers for no tornadoes (JOKE)

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 6:51 pm   Permalink

cant wait!...one question, will vendors be at all the locations, or only at the fitzgeralds show???

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation