FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 7:28 pm   Permalink

NICE! Thanks for the shots! We got waves happenin here in Mass. too. I was so sore from surfin all day yesterday, I could hardly work today! Hurricane season is HERE, wooooOOO.
I used to live in Fla, so always great to see shots from there. Lived in Lauderdale...Jupiter...Melbourne, surfed in almost every town up the east coast there. Go tiki G!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 8:55 pm   Permalink

Nice Gary!

I've been watching Irene out there chugging along and wondering who was going to get surf... looks like the Outer Banks will get a nice swell this weekend too.

This is the way the whole season should go... let 'em stay out there and send the waves in...

The second shot looks like a good fall day here on the lakes... fun stuff!

Get some for me... I'll be carving this weekend and looking forward to some salty swells in October!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 09:06 am   Permalink

Well I paddled out Saturday morning and to everyone's surprise the swell was just not what everyone was expecting after Friday's pulse, 2-3' and dumping inside. The bouys were on the decline and it just sucked. I surfed for only 45 minutes with disgust. Went home and decided the swell was ungrateful to me and short lived. Later that evening it was even smaller.....

BUT, woke up Sunday morning and checked the online report and man was I surprised (and everyone else as well) the swell picked up again overnight and we received a 3'-5' secondary swell off of Irene. I bolted to the ocean to find chest to shoulder-head high glassinesss.....Oh man, we were freaking. Surfed for 3-1/2 hours straight catching long nose rides and little barrels. Sore today. Necks out, face sunburnt, arms sore, but feeling good Irene kept up to her promise. Hope the rest of you guys scored some juice as well. We're saving a special storm in waiting for you Lake when you get here! It's got your name all over it I hope.

Few pics from late Sunday morning below:

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2005-08-15 09:14 ]

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 7:32 pm   Permalink

You need to get a pick of some longboards on that rod, would look cool.

I need to have a go at this surfing caper...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-16 03:43 am   Permalink

Nice Stuff G! Yeah, we watched the swell come up and subside too. My daughter wanted to go out Sunday and I decided to mud the waterfall instead. (Vertical cement work is a craft I now highly respect)I'll post pics on a diferent thread. Hewey! You live in Oz and have never surfed? Oh my. Bueller, Bueller?

Mahalos

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-16 04:41 am   Permalink

Looks like fun...

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 07:40 am   Permalink

Great pic's. We scored over head surf down on the Outer banks Saturday. You know it's good when the pro's are showing up. I'd post some pic's but haven't figured out how yet.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sc tiki shack

Posted: 2005-08-17 1:43 pm   Permalink

I'm jealous, all you East Coasters are stoked, It has been flat over here in Santa Cruz for weeks. What happened to the West Coast having the big waves? This morning I was groveling in two foot surf, but fortunately I managed to squeak in a few good ones.

I think that we should have a tiki carving/surfing get away for Tiki Centralites who partake in these two activities. Costa Rica would be a nice venue. Just think about how nice it would be to go for a morning surf and then let the creative juices flow by carving. Following this up with another surf and then some frosties would be my idea of a good time.

But then again maybe I am living in a pipe dream. We are all artists, therefore starving.

Will

View Profile of sc tiki shack Send a personal message to sc tiki shack  Goto the website of sc tiki shack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-18 06:09 am   Permalink

For all of my freshwater surfing tikiphile brethren: Surfline posted a notice for the Second Annual Great Lakes Surfing Luau. Check it out here: http://forums.surfline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23618

Pura Vida

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-18 07:58 am   Permalink

Yep... that's my buddy Ryan's store. I'll be at the luau Saturday with tons of tikis and the forecast is for 4-6 foot out of the NW this weekend! Grab your board!

Anyone in the Midwest who isn't attending the HRHH in Columbus should check out our luau in New Buffalo, MI... pig roast, killer surf bands and a private screening of "Unsalted."

Now... back to Tiki G's thread about tikis!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-19 10:05 am   Permalink

Hey! If there's surf at Hukilau, we need to all hook up and get in the water at the same time!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-22 08:55 am   Permalink

Count me in. I'll be the fat balding guy on a fresh 8.0 Fish WRV. SPF120, No paddle gloves!!! lol

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-22 2:48 pm   Permalink

WOOOOOOOOOOO
Good waves again yesterday folks. Here's some snaps I took yesterday, after I dragged myself out of the water...

[ This Message was edited by: surfintiki 2005-08-22 14:49 ]

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-22 3:39 pm   Permalink

Nice pics. Bummer you gotta wear even a spring suit in August though. I wouldn't trade my bathwater for nuttin.

Just waiting for a swell.

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-23 05:23 am   Permalink

Yeah, I miss the palm trees too. And I REALLY miss the palm trees for carving! Now I carve wave faces.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation