FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 11:01 am   Permalink

Dang Surfintiki, how did I miss these pics.......Man that looks fun! I bet you had a blast. Yeah the wetsuit sucks though, but oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do! Bet Mississippi scored some juice yesterday............

Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 06:42 am   Permalink

Just wanted to share a "sneak peek" of one of the pieces I have been working on for the Hukilau.

I have been a slacker posting lately, but I have been keeping up with everyone's progress. Great job everyone. Good to see B.K. back and Benz's Maori....wow.

Trish and I have been literally "busting ass" for the last couple of weeks straight, carving and building things. Only three free weekends left for us to get things ready for the trip down to Ft. Lauderdale. Looking forward to meeting lot's of peoples.

Trish carving on a Tap Handle yesterday.........

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2005-09-06 06:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-02 06:49 ]

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 08:26 am   Permalink

Lookin' good G. I like that chevy you built and posted a pic of a while back.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 08:42 am   Permalink

Too rainy here this weekend to do anything.

Nice full body 'G' Deep lines and features. Palm wood?

What's Trish listening to?

See yahs soon!

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 09:10 am   Permalink

Lookin mighty Fine TikiG. This is another best for you. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us at Hukilau.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 09:29 am   Permalink

Diablo, much thanks. I loved that car. I put alot of work into it. I actually sold it a few years ago to help buy my home, but I think a tail draggin' sled is definitely in store next.

McTiki, Thanks alot. This one is white pine, as most of the tikis I will be bringing down are. Kinda rainy here, NE, but the waves are up. No time for that though.... That would be a "Love & Rockets" tape I do believe she had in the deck. You know, "No New Tales to Tell",......Old skool 80's is what we dig probably the most. Cure, Smith's, Fixx, etc....

Thanks Ben. I have a couple to drag down, but most are just hack jobs! Hell, Trish has more stuff done than I do. See you there!

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 09:46 am   Permalink

So, when's Trish gonna start posting her work?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 12:50 pm   Permalink

Loooking great, Gary. It seems like you've been changing things up a bit lately. Wish I could make it to Hukilau to meet you & your tikis in person.

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 1:27 pm   Permalink

Oh, I forgot to say, that Tiki is incredible! I'd love to see something like that as the support pillar for the side of an A-frame porch.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 4:14 pm   Permalink

Tiki G.,

Sweet looking tiki! I love the snarling animated look. It seems like most of your tikis are out of your head. That is how I like it.

Will

View Profile of SCTikiShack Send a personal message to SCTikiShack  Email SCTikiShack Goto the website of SCTikiShack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 05:28 am   Permalink

great tiki...nice pair of feet!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 06:14 am   Permalink

Thanks Freddie....Shoot, I can't even hardly get her close to the computer. I do all the computer stuff. Guess her "posting" will be done at the Hukilau!

SCtiki, thanks as well. Yeah your right. Most of my carvings are out of my head. I just draw it and then hack at it. I like being a little more creative rather than copying something that's been carved over and over and over sometimes......not that there is anything wrong with that. That surf still cold out there?

Aaron, I'm always trying to change things up if I can. I have different styles I bounce between to keep things fresh in my head. Thanks alot. I wish you could make it down to the Hukilau too. Maybe next year!

Congatiki, I appreciate the comment. Thanks. Yeah the feet are something a little different for me. Trish my girlfriend said they looked like" Talons"??? I said, uh excuse me, they're feet. Oh well......

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 09:34 am   Permalink

That has to be one of the most bad ass tiki's youve done yet .

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 11:04 am   Permalink

Niiiiice!
Looks like a masterpiece to me. I really your design on this one. R ya gonna stain 'er?

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 11:23 am   Permalink

Thanks Rodeo, I appreciate that, but hold your words till you see what's going down to the Hukilau....I have something that is pretty badass I cut up especially for the event. It's badass in it's own Tiki G. way. Maybe not to others, but I dig it. It's different that's for sure.....I'll post pics when we get back. Gotta save something for surprise!

Hey did you ever finish up that Lono mask?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation