FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 05:23 am   Permalink

Thanks G-Man.....coming soon;) You know it. Appreciate the PM.

Surf-n-Turf......thanks alot. It's funny, alot of people see these Pine, horned, inter-twining fanged, child eating wood carvings and call them just that. These are out of my head, not like copying something out of a book that has been carved time and time again. I call them tikis, but with a different twist. They're fun to carve. I like'em. Thanks for noticing. Most of the carvings you have seen are palm, but the nicer, more traditonal looking ones are Ponderosa White Pine. I have some Cedar to crank out and a few pieces of Spruce.

Keep up the good works, stay in touch.

G.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 06:38 am   Permalink

If Tiki G touches it, it's TIKI. Period.

-Gman

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 06:55 am   Permalink

Bump

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 5:04 pm   Permalink

Well, long time no post..... Here are a couple of new one's we are working on at the moment. Despite all the other "homeowner" stuff we have been dealing with lately, this is what we have managed to muster up. Will post pics of finished products soon.....Good to be back;) G.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-16 10:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-16 10:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-16 10:41 ]

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 5:22 pm   Permalink

Those are lookin' crisp! Very tight. Nice combo idea on the right, always good to see a new twist like that. A Tangaroan-Maori! But I have to say I'm a sucker for the Marq on the left. Is that a hint of tongue between the teeth? Cool. Gonna stain 'em? Doesn't look like your standard palm, whadja use?

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 5:35 pm   Permalink

Sweet work. Love the combo, and that marq is sick!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 5:44 pm   Permalink

Gary,

Very sweet stuff my man! The Marq is wikkid and the Maroi combo is killer. Is this the pine you had trucked in? It looks like a dream to work with. Very stylin' post. I'm looking forward to seeing your stain job on these bad boys. Thanks so much for posting.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 6:17 pm   Permalink

Both of them look perfect.

I know you havn't posted a lot since I've been here but I am glad you are back.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 6:22 pm   Permalink

I too am a fan of the left totem. That's wicked sweet, man. Can't wait to see the stain job.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 6:30 pm   Permalink

Classic. It seems people are branching out and try their hands at other styles. I love these. The one of the left is my fav. I have seem a couple and the legs weren't right but these all fit with itself top to bottm. Nothing out of place.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2006-03-06 18:31 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 6:47 pm   Permalink

Love both of those guys. Very cool, very clean execution. Nice

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 7:15 pm   Permalink

G!!!!! I'm diggin' your style, I love both of these new ones. yes, very crisp, yes, very tight, but there's something else...I just can't put my finger on it...that makes it yours. I've always been a fan of the upper maori with the moko, I really dig that style.
Nice job! are these for sale? for a custom order? or for your pad?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 9:08 pm   Permalink

Solid G... as always.
Super clean.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-07 02:21 am   Permalink

Tiki G, Welcome back,with a big bang. Beautiful work on both piece's. Thank's for helping me get started back in Oct. without you Aaron and Ben, I'd still be makin' keychains.

http://www.thomsart.com

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-07 04:52 am   Permalink

Thanks alot everyone......Bargoyle, JohnnyP., PockyTiki, teaKEY, Hewey, Lake, tfisherart. It's getting hard to keep up around here these days because of all the awesome work guys like you and many others on here are putting out. You are the one's that deserve all the oooh's and the aaaah's. Trish and I just do our thing, but we work hard at it, and work together at it. She deserves just as much praise as I. Trish A.K.A. "SANDER GIRL", and stain and poly girl........

Surfintiki, Yeah that is suppose to be a tongue;) It's White Pine and they're going to get stained up real good. Thanks alot bro. Hang Loose;)

Gman, Yeah these two are from that (60)ft of White pine I had shipped in from Montana a few weeks ago. These two were only (9)ft of it;) Used some for a few others as well. More to come though. Your latest two are looking jake. Thanks Greg.

Polynesiac, I appreciate your post very much. I like carving the Maori and the Marqs. Trying to get them down in my own way without copying everyone else's, which is hard to do with traditional style tikis to me since they already look all alike. Ok., since you asked (and everyone knows I do not agree with using this forum as a selling tool) the answer is yes, these will be for sell on my website soon. That's all I have to say about that. Keep up the good works yourself. Thanks again Poly.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2006-03-07 11:52 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation