FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 10:21 pm   Permalink

Yea... come on G... whatcha hiding from us!?!?

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 07:57 am   Permalink

Ha Lake! Your new big tiki is looking sweet. I've been keeping up with ya. Do not have a flat bed scanner for the photo for you (Tiki Mag) and do not want to cut it out of the mag to scan it. I'll figure something out....

Hiding?, no not really. Just been working on a custom order for a much appreciated TC'er and a few other orders. Un-traditional stuff, nothing too interesting here these days.

I will post pics of this TC members new "wood carving", but not until it is delivered to him though. Have wanted to, but feel he should get first look at it. It's done, we just need to ship it. I really think he could have carved this hacked up piece of tree himself, but he really wanted me to do it for some crazy reason. It really means alot to me to have been asked to carve a tiki for someone who carves way better than I do anyway. Thanks again bro', you know who you are.

G.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2006-05-17 07:58 ]

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 11:57 am   Permalink

What's Ben wantin from you bro? Maybe he thinks your going to Valhala before the rest of us, and your carves would then have significant value? lol

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 6:41 pm   Permalink

Link below for the entire Shutterfly album........

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IbuWbRs0aNJU

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2006-05-25 03:52 ]

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 8:45 pm   Permalink

TikiG,

That is so AWESOME! I love your tuskers! Is this the first one of those you've made from pine? If so, how did you like it? Man, I love your designs and the multi-color stain jobs you two do. High class stuff brother. Thanks for sharing this one with us. It's outrageous!!!

Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 02:59 am   Permalink

Sweet carve G. Pine is a diferent beast when compared to the Palms. This one must have taken a bit more work. It flows nicely. So, who gotz it now?

I scored a huge Sabal root ball with about 7 foot of trunk. Had a forklift literally drop it over my neighbors fence into my yard for sand removal and eventual birth.

Mahaloz

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 03:57 am   Permalink

Sweet one Mr Gee. You have really outdone yourself on this one .Whoever the lucky TC'r is, should know he is getting a real Gem. It's nice to see some work by you for a change, we've been Missing you and Trish. Thanx for sharing.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 05:06 am   Permalink

you always do great stuff Gary....looks like you let your imagination go on this one.
I love the way it flows from top to bottom. Somebody we know is getting a nice piece.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 05:40 am   Permalink

Wicked cool as usual G. Thanks for posting. I always enjoy your work. Luvin' that pine i see.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 09:45 am   Permalink

Awesome! I love the way you hollowed the space around the tusks. That really gives this tiki life. The stain is beautifull as well. In your pics - Is that a power carver you are using on that?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 2:05 pm   Permalink

Yesterday upon my arrival from a bad one at my day job, I was pleasantly surprised to see this huge cardboard package on my front porch. Could it possibly be a tiki from my compadre over on the other side of the continent? well, it was.

Gary's badboy is now chillin with some of his own kind in my backyard. Thank you Gary! I know that you put in some extra effort into making me a killer one. I always enjoy spreading the wealth to other artists whose work I admire.

Once again thank you Gary, it is killer having different style tikis hanging out in the backyard making the scene.

Will

View Profile of SCTikiShack Send a personal message to SCTikiShack  Email SCTikiShack Goto the website of SCTikiShack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 5:31 pm   Permalink

Mystery solved. Enjoy it bruddah. Nice Crewe you got.

Mahalo

Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 6:01 pm   Permalink

Looks great. Wow. You do great work

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 9:51 pm   Permalink

Top notch G. That guy is so rad. Classic Badass Tiki Style with some extra stoke thrown in for good measure.

Good to see a surfer carved tiki in a surfer carver's backyard!

Booking Bahaia Cabana room Friday... that's where you and T are planning on staying? It is a killer little place.
Will have the longboard on the van again for a week of surf apres Hukilau on the Space Coast. JAX Beach after that.

Maybe a treat swell on Fort Lauderdale beach this year?

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 5:17 pm   Permalink

GAry that IS one Badass tiki. Like Lake said, great to carve a tiki for another surfer/tiki carver. Well Done..Proud!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation