FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 04:18 am   Permalink

JTD....Yes I did get my ears really lowered recently. My daughter Suzanne whipped out her "carving tools" on my head a few weeks before the festival....She kept making different goofy styles as she got shorter and shorter while laughing at me until it was... See results below:

I'm kinda diggin' it....Waaay less hassle.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. on 2005-04-13 04:24 ]

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 08:11 am   Permalink

ha ha ha. Great photos.

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Motu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-24 08:00 am   Permalink

As we say here in Australia - "Bloody Beautiful!" - I carve tikis from concrete which take a good part of a day to do one. Your huge wooden Tikis made my jaw drop. They could easily have been submitted to 'The Book of Tiki' as a vintage 'find'. Well done mate. Love your workshed too. What type of wood are they carved from?
keep it up the fantastic work & the enthusiasm!

View Profile of Tiki Motu Send a personal message to Tiki Motu  Email Tiki Motu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-24 11:05 am   Permalink

Thanks for the tap handle! It is great... Pics are on my pool topic...

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 06:50 am   Permalink

Thanks Tiki Motu. "Bloody Beautiful"! You gotta love that....classic. Some are Palm, but most of the new ones are White Pine...Built the bloody shed myself too! I call it my slave quarters. Concrete huh? Last' forever..........

Thanatos your welcome. From the looks of it, you probably could have carved it yourself!!!!! When you get the carving totally down, you should be able to carve a your tiki in an hour or so.......sanded and all. Keep up the good looking work there.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. on 2005-04-25 06:51 ]

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 11:28 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-02 06:36 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 11:56 am   Permalink

Lookin great. looks like everyone is having too much fun. Likeing your new stuff.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 3:14 pm   Permalink

WOW! Looks great as always! BTW this is my 200th post! What better place to post then the guy who csarved my Favorite tap handle!!

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flacookz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 7:01 pm   Permalink

Your is awe inspiring and just inspiring.... thaks for posting and sharing your talent

View Profile of flacookz Send a personal message to flacookz  Email flacookz Goto the website of flacookz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-09 09:40 am   Permalink

Thanks Benzart, Thanatos and Flacookz. We did have fun. I think we worry more about have much fun were having rather than the reason why we're there. I just enjoy the time being there and meeting some very interesting folk. Hukilau here we come.....

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-09 09:58 am   Permalink

What great pics. I noticed that your girl and you are sporting some cool t-shirts . Did you screen those yourself?
Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-09 11:08 am   Permalink

Rodeo thanks. Actually, the T-Shirt artwork I did myself, saved it to a disk as a jpeg, then had a local company press them on from color transfers. They turned out pretty good. People were asking if we had any to sell believe it or not....We wear them at the festivals so people can pick us out of the crowd.

Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-15 08:35 am   Permalink

Couple semi-identical custom ordered 4' tikis with mouths hollowed out for Bose Environmental outdoor speakers to be installed. Happy Customer "Barry".

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2005-09-08 11:15 ]

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-15 08:41 am   Permalink

What a great idea. I take it the speakers are weather proof then. Functional tiki is my favorite

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-15 09:01 am   Permalink

Yeah, (weatherproof) and not cheap either. Think he said he paid about $290.00 for the pair. He's sealing up the back with a cover over the hole to conceal them and putting some sort of black screen over the front. These babies thump! He put these on his new tiki'd out deck he's working on.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation