FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » I have received my Holy Grail!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
I have received my Holy Grail!!!!
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 09:29 am   Permalink

...that's frosty cold.

I hate the look of Tiki Bob so much that I don't care if it's a must have.

But one day - I really would like to acquire an original Don the Beachcomber Rum Barrell. Without having to steal it, from sayyyyy...swanky...or maybeeeee....kono.

Hey - either of you guys wanna have me over soon to strum a few songs for you?
We'll get really blitzed and I'll just leave quietly after you pass out.

AND congrats johntiki on the completion of your TIki Quest™dukeandamycarter.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 11:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-15 12:42, Johnny Dollar wrote:
i can send you one unk!

oh...

you mean a ceramic one, don't you...

I'll take a real one, if you got one to spare

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 11:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-16 09:07, Swanky wrote:
Barb retracted. Apologies accepted and returned.

Mean-spirited retort also retracted - sorry for the jab!

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2005-05-10 21:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2005-05-10 21:17 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 5:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-16 09:29, pablus wrote:
But one day - I really would like to acquire an original Don the Beachcomber Rum Barrell. Without having to steal it, from sayyyyy...swanky...or maybeeeee....kono.

Hell Pabs, you got me all wrong. I don't have no Don the Beachcomber nothing except a bottle of Pernod that I've dedicated to him. I say I'm fairly happy with my mug collection because I am. But I don't have much in the way of rare mugs. Just a nice little selection. Only got one really rare mug and one semi-rare decanter. The rest pops up on ebay daily. It doesn't mean that much to me to have one of everything.

There are many mugs I'd like to have but to be honest, a Tiki Bob, a lidded moai from Aku Aku, and something from Hawaiian Inn in Tampa (since I lived there for so long) are the three I'd really love to get hold of. Of course I'd kill for a full set of the Westwood dishes and kitchenware as are in Duke and Amy's book. Slurp.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 6:07 pm   Permalink

Here is the lidded Aku Aku mug.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 6:14 pm   Permalink

Kono if you're real nice someone might just give you one.

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2005-05-10 21:19 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 08:11 am   Permalink

<<<Sure if I operated like you, befriending people for what they can provide or give to me, I'm sure I could have gotten the mug a lot sooner. >>>

Usually I stay above (or beneath) the fray on personal matters but I will respond to this with a brief missive.

Swanky is not a selfish man.

He has an abiding interest in these things that many of us don't or won't take the time to pursue with as much passion.

I don't believe for one second that he has ever had a disingenuous motive for making friends in this community and the "collectors" outside this community.

Just like all of us, he loves this stuff - and when you talk to him or have a correspondence with him you immediately realize that, just like us, he'd rather be sitting in a darkened lounge filled with Polynesian artifacts and tikis, sipping on a complex rum drink, listening to hapa haole music and talking story than just about anything in the world.

He (and Tiki Kiliki) spent a lot of personal money to insure a good time for the ohana at Hukilau, and has never come here asking for donations to cover his fairly significant losses because of the hurricane.

That being said, Swanky - I know you had a wry smile on your face when you typed that little barb, so maybe you should go back and edit in the wrysmileythingie.

johntiki, I've never been to Bel Air but I hope to pass through one day on my quest to reach Kahiki Moon and would like to think that I've still got an invite to the Pi Yi Grotto.

I do bring rum with me.... but will still decimate your supply. I apologize in advance.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 08:22 am   Permalink

<<<something from Hawaiian Inn in Tampa>>>

Kono, I bid on the Hawaiian Village stuff all the time as 'pablus' and always get to the finish and just... give up, astonished at the prices that stuff is selling for.

It's truly incredible. So when I become a billionaire I'm going to buy them all and send you pictures of me and mugs in the pool, playing volleyball, having dinner...

btw - which one do you want the most, the surfer girl or one of the leilani styles or tikibob styles?

Maybe we can tag team e-bay. The rat bastards.

johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 09:09 am   Permalink

Pablus - the invite to the Pi-Yi Grotto is always open...

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2005-05-10 21:20 ]

Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 3:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-17 08:22, pablus wrote:
Kono, I bid on the Hawaiian Village stuff all the time as 'pablus' and always get to the finish and just... give up, astonished at the prices that stuff is selling for.

btw - which one do you want the most, the surfer girl or one of the leilani styles or tikibob styles?

Well, I suppose I could kill two birds with one stone if I got the Tiki Bob version. Wouldn't mind having a menu either.

Yeah, I'm getting sick of ebay. Can't seem to win much anymore. Too many people have figured out "the tricks."

Let me know when you become a billionaire.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation