FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving carvings by Ken Pleasant
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
carvings by Ken Pleasant
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 8:36 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Kiegs. The Makita arrived today - mahalo! I know you're a "mostly chainsaw" guy, so I have to ask - do you do all your carvings with the chainsaw? These pieces seem a little delicate for that. Just curious...

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 8:53 pm   Permalink

Ken.... man.

Loss for words.

Those pieces are so tight. Love them both. The tiki one... the paint, the colors, the fur... perfect.

William's magic lives with you now... you have seriously arrived.

Man... they are so tight!

The sun is great! Sometimes you can't stress about things. When you do it is time to step back and stop thinking so hard. Come back later or another day. Then it just flows. Looks like that's what you did. Worked out perfect!

Thanks for stopping by... you inspired me tonight!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 9:29 pm   Permalink

Miss you guys.

Rock on!!!

Will we be seeing yous in Aug?

If so, we'll have to venture into Mexico!!!

Arrrrr!!!

ps. post more!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 10:35 pm   Permalink

GROG Keigs says thanks and Keigs appreciates GROG'S compliments

Aarons Akua glad you got the saw. Most of my carvings are chainsaw but I do cheat with a router if the corners are to tight. The cat is all chainsaw the tiki,s mouth is router I wanted to step it down and could not do that with a chainsaw. I also studied a bunch on the bars and chains for the makita and found out that it is better to use 1/4 chain and sprocket on a dime and quarter tip. You can use 3/8 but it destroys the bar the links are longer and make the bar to hot. So at the moment I am killing my bar.

Lake thanks man glad I could inspire you. I am sure your weather is as bad probably worse than mine an it is hard to get motivated.

Revboo raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! I have been trying to remember what drunken plans I made for August so email me so I can confirm those plans and start planning.... and about Mexico I'm game!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: keigs20 2006-11-20 22:38 ]

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 10:42 pm   Permalink

Wow, Ken!

You're latest creations remind me how much I miss having your stuff to sell in my shop. My walls are no longer "pleasant" without 'em!

Excellent as always, Ken. Keep it up!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 10:53 pm   Permalink

Tiki Lee thanks I havent forgotten the support you gave me early on and hope to have more carvings hanging on your walls.

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 11:12 pm   Permalink

I have got to get me a carving bar. Awesome work as always Ken.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 3:56 pm   Permalink

Yeah! One of the classic TCers is posting again. It was a very pleasant surprize to see it. You nailed that cat!

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 05:54 am   Permalink

Hey Ken when are you gonna get your website up and running?

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-29 8:34 pm   Permalink

Sorry for the late reply it has been a crazy week lots of snow and cold weather, no power kind of sucked!!!
Hey Rodeo the bar is sweet I wont go back.
Johnnyp thanks the cat was fun and I was really happy with it.
Tedtiki my website is up just not running yet. At the moment I am adding photos and info. I hope to have it up soon. thanks again for the compliments.
here are a few more pictures. I carved this in a rotten cedar stump behind my house. It is not very good cause the stump was rotten and I could not reach it very well but it was fun. The last picture is the brother to the plaque in my last post.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 2:58 pm   Permalink

Hey Ken, I Really love that Stump carving, Really neat and full of character.

The "Brother" plaque is cool too, I Love the colors and I like him better than his brother. Let us know when your web site is up and running!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 4:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks Benz I will. Its been a while since I carved a totem and I needed to make a few Christmas presents for some people so present #1 done. He is 4ft 4 inches tall cedar. I tried some Benzart ears but the wood chipped away and did not hold the detail so I carved it away. Also tried some BK moai base painting. That did not turn out as good as I wanted either. But oh well the picture turned out good

[ This Message was edited by: keigs20 2006-12-16 16:32 ]

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 4:51 pm   Permalink

morei moai !

I thought the ears looked great. That carving in the stump must have been hard to do since you can't roll it around and take cuts from different angles.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 6:42 pm   Permalink

Kenny, my man......Thats sooo thoughtful, but you dont need to send my anything for xmas. ;-D

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 8:07 pm   Permalink

JP thanks the biggest problem with the stump was, I was too short and kept falling off the chair I was standing on to carve it.
Freddie B damn you found out guess I will have to give it to my father inlaw instead and think of something else for you like this super rare one of a kind (unless I print more) windows 98 paint shop drawing I did back in 2003 probably one of my best 98 windows paint shop drawings. Hope you have a place of honor to hang it. Feel free to print it out and enjoy it in your home for many years to come. Merry Christmas

[ This Message was edited by: keigs20 2006-12-16 20:29 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation