FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving carvings by Ken Pleasant
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
carvings by Ken Pleasant
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 8:27 pm   Permalink

bump a few new pics most you have seen thanks for looking

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 8:33 pm   Permalink

Very nice work.
We need to see more and more...

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 9:02 pm   Permalink

Not that I could afford them, but how much would carvings like the tall poles run?

All I can say is great googley-moogely! Thats some damn nice work.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 10:46 pm   Permalink

Ken Rocks! Trust me!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 04:20 am   Permalink

More really NICE carvings by Mr Keigs. Man your tikis are really looking Great.You are really getting a handle on the depth and detail. Only problem I see is you don't make enough of it. Maybe 3 or 4 carvings a day would keep us Happy??
Excellent work Keigs.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 07:04 am   Permalink

Usually I dont go musch for the darker wood and animal print stuff. But you have made me a beleiver - well done!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 07:16 am   Permalink

Love the bar stools.... I wonder if you could waterproff the fabric for outside.... Hummmmmm

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 07:28 am   Permalink

Keigs carvings are great! I've got one guarding my front door carved in Cedar -- good stuff indeed!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 07:33 am   Permalink

love that fountain with the steps down the side. And its all selfcontained. But wouldn't the wood soak it up at the bottom??

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:48 am   Permalink

Thanks Rodeo I try to post the new stuff but a lot of stuff I carve is the same.
Tiki Gardner thanks I will pm you.
Rev RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! thanks man!
Benz when I first started carving totems Bill would come over to look at them and say dont be scared to carve a little deeper. It took me a while but you guys are right it does look better and I have not cut a tikis head off yet like I was worried about. As for the carving 3-4 a day thats not a problem its the damn Witco finish that takes forever to do. Hey benz I am in the process of maybe moving. The town I am moving to has a carving on every corner I will send you some pics. Like you these guys can carve anything. Luckily they dont do tikis or I would be in trouble. Mostly bears, fish, cowboys and loggers.
Hewey when I first started I did not see a lot of darker carvings and thought it was cool to be different. With Bill teaching me and the lack of palm trees in W.A. I pretty much had to go dark. As for the animal print fabric I thought it was terrible. Now the cheesier the better my house is filled with gaudy Witco pieces and somehow it all fits together I think... My neighbor probably disagrees.
Thantos I am sure you could put a waterproof top on them. The stools are made of cedar and would fade and check in the weather but they would last many years.
Polypop thanks I seen your totems post looks like he is in good company.
Teakey I coat the wood with a clear coat really thick were the water hits it so it wont soak in.
Thanks for all the replys and compliments
feel free to email me if you want something carved or to bs
k.pleasantjr@verizon.net

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:48 am   Permalink

Ken, I'm really diggin' your stuff. Your one busy man.......looking pretty "jake".

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-13 1:29 pm   Permalink

Incredible, keep them coming.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 06:13 am   Permalink

Yow! These are looking incredible. I love the fountains.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 8:02 pm   Permalink

thanks again, I posted a new lamp on page 1.

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 8:21 pm   Permalink

Now thats what I'm talking about. Man thats awesome.
More please....

Thanks Keigs

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation