FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving carvings by Ken Pleasant
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
carvings by Ken Pleasant
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-05 2:48 pm   Permalink

OUTTASIGHT, Ken! That Moai frame is beautiful--simplicity rules. It's a great enhancement to Dawns painting. They work well together. Love the tang too--what do tiki's need ears for anyway

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-05 2:55 pm   Permalink

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-05 6:29 pm   Permalink

Ken, That moai frame is beautifully carved and really adds a whole other dimension to the piece. It's more like a collaboration now. You and Dawn should team up and release some official work together. The tang is also awesome and packin'!

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-01-08 20:30 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-06 12:31 am   Permalink

Way cool Moai frame!!!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-07 10:14 am   Permalink

COOOOLLLL!!!! I'm so digging the frame you made for my painting. I want frames like hat on all of my paintings. Now that the surprise has been successfully executed, I wanted to let you know that the other painting that you had you eye on is the match to the one you got. Its yours if you want it. we can negotiate later! Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-08 1:48 pm   Permalink

Many thanks Matt
Thanks Bali Dan if you have a Mai Kai Tangaroa decanter its good to look at to get an idea of how to carve the basic design.
Polynesiac the Tangaroa was done all by chainsaw and grinder with a sanding disk except the smallest circle in the eye I used a router and a dremel for that.
The frame was done with a router and grinder with sanding disk cause it was to late and dark to use the chainsaw thanks for the compliments.
Howland mahalo
Rev boo Ben
Tiki Kaimuki thank you the painting is By Dawn Frasier I just did the frame. Heather has been doing a lot of painting also though we are trying to do more stuff together. She painted the backgrounds on Elicia's and Sophista tiki's wall plaques.
Thanks Sneakytiki
thanks Sophista I will be sending you a pm.
again thanks for all the compliments and replies

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 06:00 am   Permalink

Aloha Ken!!!
Sweet carvings my friend!!! I love the tang, thanks for sharing, Aloha your friend , Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 06:42 am   Permalink

Top-quality stuff, brah..You can always bank on that. You and Heather need to start a 21st-century manifestation of Witco as a company again!
Member #490

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-01-14 10:44 am   Permalink

Kiegsco.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 8:29 pm   Permalink

Pleasant Tiki ?

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-16 6:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks Mooney, bk, grog and Bambooz Ben. Ok so the website is up http://www.pleasanttiki.com . After a few years of Humu having it 99% finished. I finally added some stuff and Humu uploaded it. I hope to keep working on it to make it better. I am not sure if it all works so if you email me at keigs@pleasanttiki.com and I dont respond it must not be working. I do not have a lot for sale but hope to add more soon!! Join the mailing list if it works and as I add items you will get an email.
my cool BamBooBen Sign the reason the site is called Pleasanttiki not pleasanttikis thanks booBen its better that way

[ This Message was edited by: keigs20 2008-01-16 18:02 ]

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-16 6:58 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-01-16 19:00 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-16 7:10 pm   Permalink

hey Tipsy McStagger where did your post go? you made some good points and it was gone before I could reply. Go ahead and post what you think it wont hurt my feelers. Like I say it is a work in progress so any ideas or criticism are all good So re post it please.....
I remember part of it was about having to look at all the sold items to find the ones for sale. The reason that is is because I don't have a gallery page I am trying to figure out how to put one on so it does not have a price or sold sign on it and people don't get annoyed with the sold signs. Humu made all the pages easy for me to add pics and info but I don't really know how to change the layout of the pages yet.

[ This Message was edited by: keigs20 2008-01-16 19:25 ]

keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-19 4:32 pm   Permalink

Its been a while so I thought I would add a picture of the bookshelf I carved for our home. Not really tiki but it matches our Witco furniture.

carved this rock also, it is my first rock carving so it is pretty basic.

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-19 5:43 pm   Permalink

Rock on!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation