FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving 'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-16 10:00 pm   Permalink

drool.... talk about illustrious, YOU Rick are thee illustrious one.
All I can say is, all the newcomer carvers are doing so well, it's a challenge just trying to keep up. Excellent work!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-16 10:08 pm   Permalink

That is one FINE looking marquesian! You got the carving down! I noticed that you're going a little deeper with your cuts on this one than on the last one, the head of the marquesian looks great - very detailed and precise. It's amazing how a good set of chisels can really set you free, no?

I'm thinking...BOT...the Tikis...as your inspiration? Very well done! I think I'd like to carve just about every tiki I see in that book. Massive amounts of inspiration.

Can't wait to see him after the stain...are you going to paint the skull? and maybe add some colored highlights?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-16 10:20 pm   Permalink

Yes, went a little deeper on the cuts this time. Felt a little braver with this one.

I'm going to use a dark stain and highlight the skull and teeth. Then age them.

Not sure which page it was on, but the inspiration did come from the BOT.

Aloha!!

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-16 10:26 pm   Permalink

Alright Ona!
Why hasn't anyone started a book of Tiki Central carvers?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-17 06:16 am   Permalink

Another Excellent tiki by ONO the Great. Man, we should have gotten you those FlexCuts a Long time ago. What would TC be like if you had had them a year or 2 ago. We would be flooded with fantastic OnaTikis.. Somebody make sure this man Never runs outta logs. You make me proud. Just like Aaron said, looks like it came out of a CnC machine. Thanks.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 4:22 pm   Permalink

Here is #4 finished with dark walnut stain and highlights. It's still a little wet, but we were running out of daylight for the picture. And yes Polynesiac, it was the Tiki's.

Thanks to everybody else also.

Aloha!!

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 5:11 pm   Permalink

WOW, Ona, You can just Double everything I said earlier. You are totally blowing me away. Where have you been hiding. Quit your day job right now and find more logs. We can ALL take lessons from You.
Mahalos to you. Ona Rules

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 6:03 pm   Permalink

Oh my god! That is right on the money! That really looks like the real deal.
Nice job.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 10:05 pm   Permalink

Right on the marq! That one has all of the elements of a great tiki.... mystery, adventure, and danger! I would not want to stumble onto that on an "unihabited" island! Really excellent, Ona. I think you have great things in store for us.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-19 4:38 pm   Permalink

You put the one in BOT to shame. Great Job!
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 07:06 am   Permalink

MAN Ona, I really LIKE that one! Are you using Palm logs? Your stain came out really rustic looking; my dark walnut jobs come out pretty much black and boring. Did you use a sealer before the stain?

AA Pointed out that we used the same source for our latest tikis. Here's mine:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15874&forum=7&start=15&27

I've GOT to try a full body next time; your's is AWSOME!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-21 5:59 pm   Permalink

yaeh, ona, aarons right - that tiki SCREAMS adventureland! Totally awesome - and the highlights add a ton of character!

Very nicely done!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 7:14 pm   Permalink

Ona,

Beautiful stuff! Show us more, including progress shots!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 12:39 pm   Permalink

Ona, it's fantastic! I love that style! Very very Adventureland indeed!! You've been hiding your true skills all along, haven't you?

Hmmmmm.. I wonder.... Could there be room in the Woo for another #4? hehehe!

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 7:39 pm   Permalink

There is Always room for 1 more!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation