FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving 'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-23 6:09 pm   Permalink

Here is carving #5. This one is not a tiki, but it is an island style log drum. Thought I do one in palm for practice before I do one in hardwood later. It's 4 feet long by 9 inches around.

Starting to hollow it out. Will do some more tomorrow and post more pics later.

Thanks for looking!!
Aloha

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-23 6:21 pm   Permalink

Ona,

Wow! That's gonna be killer! Cool project idea. I can't wait to see some more. I'm digging the scales!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-23 6:52 pm   Permalink

Yep, thats going to be a Super nice slit drum. Do you use a chainsaw for any of your carving? One here would speed it up tremendously and you only need to be a little careful. Tape depth markers on the bar of the chain saw so you don't go too deep and you'll be dome before you can resharpen your long gouge.
Looks great.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-23 7:36 pm   Permalink

This is one seriously talented cat! Very very cool! Bartender.........I'll have what he's having.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-23 11:24 pm   Permalink

the scallops are a wonderful texture.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-24 08:37 am   Permalink

Holy Mcmollie Ona, The drum is lookin' pretty good man! Those scallop do look incredible. I just went back and looked over your whole thread and just have to say WOW again. Your work is top notch brother.
Happy Holidays to you and Moki,

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-24 12:04 pm   Permalink

tHAT IS GONNA BE GREAT!Where did you come up with the design? What book, what page?!! I really like it. Can't wait to see you hollow it out.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-24 1:23 pm   Permalink

No book on this one..Had this design kicking around in my head for a while. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-24 4:17 pm   Permalink

Here's todays progress. All hollowed out!! Sounds pretty good too.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-24 8:30 pm   Permalink

HEy Ona, you got that drum hollowed out pretty quick, how'd'ja do it so fast?? Looks great too.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-25 11:24 am   Permalink

Thanks Benz!!
I hollowed it with the hand chisels. No chainsaw for me.

It really didn't take too long. Only a couple of hours. Then I sanded inside as far as I could reach with my big fat fingers. Might work on it some more today. We'll see.

PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-26 07:42 am   Permalink

really love the scales effect. A drum is something I have wanted to create but its only on a list with the 13 other thing I want to do.

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-26 11:43 am   Permalink

A drum with only chisels, my hat is off to you!!! I've done two and both were with use of a chainsaw and that even took a while. I like the scales and the decorative ends. You do really precise work!
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 6:47 pm   Permalink

Number 5 is done!!! The weather has cooperated finally. Nice, warm and 80 degrees today. So unlike the nasty wind and rain that poured all weekend.

As always, thanks for looking!!

[ This Message was edited by: OnaTiki 2006-01-05 18:49 ]

kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 6:54 pm   Permalink

off the hook ona... how does she sound....

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation