FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving 'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16
thegarz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-27 10:20 pm   Permalink

Fantastic Ric! I wish I had the talent and patience to create something this good! Man, keep creating and posting...we never get tired of seeing your work...!

View Profile of thegarz Send a personal message to thegarz  Email thegarz Goto the website of thegarz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-07 09:51 am   Permalink

Simply amazing! You've inspired me to try a couple of my own. I love checking this thread, you're an awsome talent.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 8:26 pm   Permalink

The weather took a slight turn for the worse here today, so I had time to make another lamp.

Here's a few pics of number 8. The ships wheel lamp. Got the idea from Bongofury.

Mahalo for looking!!
Aloha

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 10:04 pm   Permalink

dude, you are unstoppable.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 06:58 am   Permalink

cool!!!

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 09:07 am   Permalink

oh, yeah! I love all your lamps, but that last one speaks volumes to me! very salty, very salty

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 09:10 am   Permalink

That's awesome! Where did you get the ship wheels?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 09:16 am   Permalink

I'm speechless.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 10:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys. It's been lots of fun making these.

The ship wheels came from Michael's craft store. The are very light (Bass wood I think) and they are unfinished. Stain them any color you like!! Cool...

Anybody else making any lamps yet? Let's see them....

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 10:08 pm   Permalink

VERY fine lamp!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-22 3:31 pm   Permalink

Amazing work!
I love the ships wheel idea and am totally going to use it, if that's OK.
I too have made those shell on wire lamps. I have a few vintage ones which served as insperation. I must say they are tough on the hands...I had cuts and scrapes all over and it was too hard to work with gloves on. Oof. Got any secret tips for when I attempt another, or are you cut up too?

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-22 3:42 pm   Permalink

Laney, you can get kevlar gloves that are thin as latex, metal workers use them. nothing will cut your hands and you can feel everything through them. That might do the trick!

GREAT lamps! I'm itching to make one, but am too chicken to cut up my tapa. Might try using some cotton fabric instead.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-22 4:15 pm   Permalink

laney, go for it on the ship wheels...I have to give props to Bongofury for that idea..but I think it had been done before. All the lamps are fabric with mod podge on them...I did not bleed during the making of the shell lamp, but I was going blind trying to see the wire..
Aloha..

[ This Message was edited by: onatiki on 2005-04-28 23:55 ]

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 4:52 pm   Permalink

Dang! SOOOOOPER SWEET!

I think we need a panoramic shot of all the lamps a-glow. Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself. The place must look fee nom min all.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-04 8:48 pm   Permalink

Okay, I know it's been awhile.

Here are a couple of projects we did today.

We refinished the garage door and with the left over matting I made a new lamp.

Simple design but nice glow.

Here are a few pics.

Aloha!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation