FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving 'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 11:30 am   Permalink

These lamps are the most! Thanks for posting.

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 7:12 pm   Permalink

Had a little time for some new projects for the bar. Started with a foot rest because we got tired of dangling our feet at the bar.

Next came a few flat panels that I had been wanting to try for a while. I'll definitely be doing more of these!!

Then I finally finished this tiki I'd been working on. It's only my second one. Hope to do more soon. It's a papua new guinea style. Still needs stained and sealed. And no, I didn't carve the little one on the left. That was carved by our illustrious Jungle Trader.

Ever wonder what to do with some palm fronds, shells, wine corks and rope??

Thats all for now and as usual...thanks for looking!!
Time for

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 7:18 pm   Permalink

i'm sure all of this effort will fit in very well at
the Onatiki abode....the footrest...tiki...and all the
masks are very cool....i really like the tiki and the
last set of masks....waste not....want not...right?

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 7:54 pm   Permalink

OnaTiki-
Dude that stuff "F"in ROCKS!!! I am going to have to come over and see it in person (Hint Hint). Hey man your place kicks ass!! Thanks for showing us your continuous work in progress!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 8:34 pm   Permalink

Ona Braugh, you have been holding out on us. I think you should get a pile of logs and go to town on 'em. You have some good beginnings and after a few, we will be calling you for advice.. Bring 'em on!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 8:38 pm   Permalink

Thats some really cool stuff man. Love the footrest and the flat panels. Real nice.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 09:27 am   Permalink

Ona - excellent panel work my friend! Love the foot rest. Very cool carving (don't see many that style on the board) and those masks are ultra creative. I knew an artist who used to paint those fronds, but the corks and rope take the cake!

well done!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 11:23 am   Permalink

Looking good as always. When's the next shindig?

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 12:56 pm   Permalink

i'm thinkin' you need to be carving more tikis!

nice stuff....

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 3:00 pm   Permalink

Very nice stuff.
My favorite is the footrest, so few will ever really notice it but it will still add a great deal to the place.

I gotta get to SD one day.
Me and Haole Kats were talking about hitting Tiki Oasis and doing a CA minitour next year. That would be a cool time to come by, ehhh?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-13 3:30 pm   Permalink

Hi Onatiki we need to see more awesome lamps and i love the carving.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 6:52 pm   Permalink

Conga-Thanks!! If I haven't told you lately, your stuff is pretty awesome too. Been a little busy to be on the board much lately.

Spermy-Thanks man!! You know you're welcome to come by anytime (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Ben- I haven't been holding out, just observing the masters at work. I am now a yellow belt. Hoping to soon have my "black belt" in carving like you and BK. As PolyPop would say Watahaaa!!!

Pablus-Thanks for the props. Are you going to be stopping by on your way to Hawaii?? And the Haole Cats and you at Oasis would be amazing. Please pull that off!!

Hewey, Polynesiac, Palama, Marcus & Matt: Thanks for the compliments!! They keep me inspired. It's hard to keep up with all the talent in this place.

You guys are all too kind!!
Aloha!!

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 7:08 pm   Permalink

Good stuff Ona... O.K amazin' stuff!! I really dig the frond mask with the bones thru the noses very effective and exotic. All the carvins are cool too. Take it easy,
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 7:52 pm   Permalink

Ona, People must freak when they visit your place for the first time. Everything is top-notch. Keep surprising us like you have been.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 9:10 pm   Permalink

Onatiki, that is one excellent tiki - and only no. 2! Man, if I had a place like your's I'd try to do some myself too. Otherwise it would cost a fortune.

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation