FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving 'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 6:26 pm   Permalink

you gat skills mang!!!!!

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 6:49 pm   Permalink

That Marq looks freakin great!!! Good Job!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 7:41 pm   Permalink

Woah!! Look what happens when you give a man good toolz. Excellent and Awesome Mr OnaTiki, I am Flabbergasted. Lets see the rest now??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 9:56 pm   Permalink

Very nice work, Ona!

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 10:13 pm   Permalink

Very nice work. Would you mind posting a shot of the chisels you bought and which ones they are?

Thanks.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 11:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody for the kind words!!

Rodeo, here is the info you wanted. I got the FlexCut sculptor's set plus I also ordered the 1-3/8" straight chisel and the 1" 60 degree V chisel. I find that I use the flat and the two V chisels the most. I would probably in the future pick up a 1/2" straight chisel for the smaller areas.

If you need more info, check out FlexCut's page
FlexCut

I've already started number 4. Will be posting pictures in a few days.

Mahalo!!

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 04:04 am   Permalink

Great tiki Onatiki...looks like you are putting those new chisels to good use....very clean
lines....looks perfect...an inspiration! I just got the same chisel set...they're great aren't
they!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 06:29 am   Permalink

Wow.. very clean! Love the tattooing!. Did your show ever air yet on tv? I've been watching for it.

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 09:33 am   Permalink

Oh my goodness gracious! That's great, I love the use of the tattoo, and are the eyelids rounded?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 09:45 am   Permalink

Holy Bejeez, nice work. Nice 1st design, nice everything...wooooooooo.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 10:19 am   Permalink

Dang! Great work on the tiki. Very detailed!

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 11:10 am   Permalink

I like the patchwork texture tattoos.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 12:18 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work, Ona! I would've never guessed that was a first stab at carving. It seems you've got some real talent. Keep it up and thanks for sharing the pics. I'm looking forward to seeing your next Tiki!

Josh
www.whollycatsband.com

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 1:16 pm   Permalink

OOOOHHHH,YEAH!!! with all those cool lamps it was just a matter of time before you started carving...very well done, ESPECIALLY for being one of the first! My first one looked like Grum the neanderthal cave dude did it. move over peeps, this boys got some mo' skills to show off...can't wait for #2

Hey, I heard you were at Spermy's?!?!?! DAMN, me too...I didn't get a chance to meet ya. Next time!

haven't had a chance to use the bandaids yet?...just give it time...tikis tend to bite sometimes...even after you're all done carving them...

POLYNESIAC - putting the 'F' back in ART

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2005-12-14 13:18 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 1:47 pm   Permalink

One truly gifted creating cat! Beautiful clean work. Set up shop and quit your day job, you got it made.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation