FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving My first public tiki bar installations... Fountain added 4-20-05
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
My first public tiki bar installations... Fountain added 4-20-05
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 11:28 pm   Permalink

!NICE! Now get get off the box, load the player with tunes, pick up them chisels and start chippin'
Progress pic when you have time please.
Congrats lake,
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 05:19 am   Permalink

Get to work Lake, Just don't let the time deadline influence your work.I'm sure if the guy sees Quality work coming (rather than quantity) he will give you all the time you need. Tikis are items that can be added as they are created and the purchaser has to know from you that quality means more than the deadline. Just have him figure which ones are the most important to have before opening day and do those first. That is IF you have issues with the deadline.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 08:09 am   Permalink

Awesome Lake. Have fun with this as well.

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 09:29 am   Permalink

great news for you bro! the wife and I are very happy for you. good things come to those who make it happen.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-03-22 09:49 am   Permalink

Congratulations, Lake

I've been waiting for your hard work and talent to create a market out there for you. And now it looks like it's starting. I guess no surfing for a while, eh?

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 10:57 pm   Permalink

Finally. The wife and I just finished a move into a new upper flat about a mile north of where we were. And today I moved the last of my logs from the old place to the new. Spent the afternoon setting up the new workshop.

Time to get to work.

Thanks again for the kind words of support!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 11:07 pm   Permalink

Hey, good luck LS. Is this gonna be your new "day job"? (Something we all dream about).

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 12:24 am   Permalink

Naw, could never make a living here in the midwest doing tikis... I just got lucky finally and someone decided to open a tropical theme eatery. Being in their backyard gives me a chance to make a little pocket change.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 05:26 am   Permalink

Great news,Lakesurfer! Where in Wisconsin is this tropical paradise going to be?Tell,tell!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 07:21 am   Permalink

So this fountain is going to be made of wood? And is it going to be hollowed out some for the wet work to go into it? You will have to tell us where the opening day is and then some TCs can have drinks and the place will have a spike in business cause of you.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 07:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-21 11:25, purple jade wrote:
I am so shickled by this piece of news...

"shickled" ?

-------------

Lake,

Happy to hear about your project. Must be a great feeling to have an entire restaurant as your canvas. Future tikiheads will be debating, discovering, discussing who carved for this place on Tikicentral.MKII.

Congrats! Can't wait to see your fountain.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 08:05 am   Permalink

As in "shickled titless".

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 08:44 am   Permalink

Congratulations Lake, Long time coming.....Maybe now there will be less of "whats a tiki" thing going on up there.
Lake Surfer..........expanding the frontiers of tiki.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 10:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-23 07:21, teaKEY wrote:
So this fountain is going to be made of wood?

Yes... inspired by Keigs as of late and my obsession with the Witco Fountain... and since I haven't had the time or space for one of my own I thought this would be a great opportunity to finally get one done. If it works out good I will do more... and I might even have one or two for sale at Exotica.

Location?
For now I'll just let you know that the location is within a 30-45 minute drive from Milwaukee... More info to come!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-03-23 10:48 ]

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 11:12 pm   Permalink

Yesterday I went shopping for supplies for the fountain and a gallon of new stain and poly...

Today the work began. I got the 7 foot log all sanded and ready for it's transformation into a tiki pole... it will stand next to the hostess stand in the front of the restaurant.

Back in the shop I drew out the pattern...

With the surf tunes on the stereo I cranked out some progress over three hours today... this is a delicate carving in many spots and I have to resist the urge to go swinging away at it like I do on the big logs...

More work to continue Saturday morning... updates to come...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation