FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving "Don The Owner" (New Painting)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
"Don The Owner" (New Painting)
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 07:17 am   Permalink

"Don The Owner", Acrylic On PVC, 40 x 50 cm

Prints are available, as well as the original (yet)...e-mail me if you're interested
thorsten.hasenkamm@t-online.de

Unfortunately the colours of the scan don't live up to the original colours, but still better than a digi-photo ...

[ This Message was edited by: Thorsten Hasenkamm on 2005-03-21 07:23 ]

View Profile of Thorsten Hasenkamm Send a personal message to Thorsten Hasenkamm  Email Thorsten Hasenkamm Goto the website of Thorsten Hasenkamm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 08:01 am   Permalink

nice!

thorsten have you seen 'the incredibles' or is the similarity to mr. incredible coincidental?

bis spater,

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2005-03-21 08:34 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 03:34 am   Permalink

Like the stylistic look of it. Also love the atmosphere of the artwork

[ This Message was edited by: hewey on 2005-03-22 03:35 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 05:11 am   Permalink

Thorsten, another fabulous one. I once knew a man who owned a tropical bar and many rental houses, and whie he didn't look anything like your "Don", he had the exact demeanor, attitude or aura about him. HOW Did you do it? It fits to a "T".

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 12:22 am   Permalink

Thanks a lot!

Well, of course I've seen THE INCREDIBLES, the best animated feature there is... ...but I always liked to draw/paint those big-jawed characters...

View Profile of Thorsten Hasenkamm Send a personal message to Thorsten Hasenkamm  Email Thorsten Hasenkamm Goto the website of Thorsten Hasenkamm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 12:06 am   Permalink

I'm currently working on another Tiki-piece...I'll post it when it's finished...

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-16 4:08 pm   Permalink

Shweeet! I like your style.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FlickOn_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-16 6:59 pm   Permalink

Great job!
Love far out floor tiles and the cool ride w/ the surfboard. Nice touches!
~Peace~
FlickOn_Tiki

View Profile of FlickOn_Tiki Send a personal message to FlickOn_Tiki  Goto the website of FlickOn_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-18 12:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys!

kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-18 2:46 pm   Permalink

i can't wait to see your next tiki piece as well as your addition to the Dionysus record label show...

this is a great piece...what warm colors you have used to build your glazes up through...BOOM!

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-18 8:56 pm   Permalink

I like the feeling of textures in the background. It gives it more depth and character (as if the character didn't have enough character). You did a great job with the expression on his face, too. Well done.

View Profile of beachin Send a personal message to beachin  Email beachin Goto the website of beachin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 04:07 am   Permalink

Thanks guys! Here's a sneak peak of one of my next Tiki-paintings...it's a pencil sketch of a piece called "Special Guest At The Tiki Bar":

Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 06:07 am   Permalink

That is great.... Love the sketch

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 12:10 am   Permalink

Thanks! Maybe I'll change her into Catwoman instead of a Devil Girl, not sure yet...

Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 04:00 am   Permalink

No devil girl....

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation