FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » DJ Lee's Exotica Night at The Lucky Tiki, every Sunday starting April 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
DJ Lee's Exotica Night at The Lucky Tiki, every Sunday starting April 3
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 5:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-03 16:44, thejab wrote:
Lee - I'll be in town next weekend (August 12-14) for Club Satisfaction on Friday. The Scene you mentioned - is that on Saturday the 13th., and what's that all about?

Most likely I'll visit the Lucky Tiki on Sunday the 14th., so save some good records for next week! I have to work Mondays so I'll just drive back to the Bay Area early Monday morning.

Last Sunday after the Egyptian theatre event I went to see the Dave and Deke Combo and the Lucky Stars at the Derby. I left at 1:40AM when the show ended and started driving north. I got past the grapevine but the long straight stretch of I-5 started to lull me to sleep so I got a room for a few hours of sleep. I still managed to get up at 8:00 and made it to work by noon!

Hi, glad you made it home safe! Wish I could have gone...You'll be back to see Deke playing Club Satisfaction at The Derby with his All-Star Frat and Garage band, the same line-up as Vegas Rockaround last year...5:00 AM that one, drunk as hell and the night I met Kristine!

The Scene, I'm playing there tomorrow August 6.

And don't worry, a killer set will be awaiting you at The Lucky Tiki!

Best from Lee
www.dionysusrecords.com

Join me for "Over Under Sideways Down" on LuxuriaMusic.com Wednesdays, 3-5 PM Pacific

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 4:29 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 4:50 pm   Permalink

See you there!

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 01:38 am   Permalink

Well...I said I'd see you there!!! I didn't expect to see EVERYBODY there!!!! What a great crowd!! Dr. Z., fresh from a SF "crawl" - all of the regulars, both Kirby and the doppleganger "Kirby" - (I saw that Hanford took a picture of the both of them - please post!!) - Hiltiki, Jon Paul and The Mrs. - Suzy and DJLee, as usual, doin' their thang. At one point (just after midnight) - the crowd was 99.9% TC ohana! Don't forget the art show on the 28th!!!

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-13 8:22 pm   Permalink

Who's going? Besides Lee and me, that is!!

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-14 02:12 am   Permalink

I thought you were biking your life away what happened?!!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-14 2:14 pm   Permalink

I will be there.....

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-14 3:04 pm   Permalink

Ditto...

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-18 12:36 am   Permalink

Late post ...but whata great night..the lucky tiki was goin off last sunday..suzie realy had her hands full..hope you guys tiped her well...see ya next week...kirby

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-18 10:37 am   Permalink

Although I could only stay a couple hours so I could start my drive home, it was the best Sunday at Lucky Tiki that I've been to yet. Hats off to Suzy for keeping the drinks flowing, to DJLee for the swingin' tunes, and to Adam for keeping the ship afloat! I just wish I could have stayed longer.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-19 9:14 pm   Permalink

Hey all, I don't get on TC much, but on a rare Friday night , I thought I'd browse TC a bit, and Found this thread/topic. I've been to the Lucky Tiki about 5 times I think( kinda hard to remember after the great drinks).
I'm the big guy with the Goatee and Long hair.
I Plan on being there this Sun. like the past 2 Suns.
I missed the Bizzaro Kirby, where was I?
Great tunes By Lee( exotica/surf/and lounge) can't get better than that. Lee Please bring those 5 Bomboras 45's.

see yall there,
Jeff (bigtikidude)

p.s. I'll be sitting in on Bass on 1 song ( Squad Car)
at the Huntington Beach Intl' Surf Museum on Sun.
Sometime between 1 pm and 4 pm. Hope some of you can make that to see it.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-21 6:58 pm   Permalink

Its always nice to see you jeff... and its good your posting...now if jonpaul can figure out a name and start posting himself...that would be great too...I think i have one for him... procrastinatingtiki...jk..Im probly gonna be there tonight so see yall there...kirby

DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 3:25 pm   Permalink

HEY GANG!

I'll be at the art show DJing from the beginning of the night on...Kristine is leaving on Saturday so she regrets she can't be there.

The music expands to a bit of soul and garage for the art show, in addition to the Lucky Tiki Sunday Night fare of Surf and Exotica!

See you there.
www.dionysusrecords.com

Join me for "Over Under Sideways Down" on LuxuriaMusic.com Wednesdays, 3-5 PM Pacific

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-28 09:48 am   Permalink

Can't wait see you there!

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-04 11:41 am   Permalink

Alas, the end of summer is upon me (school starts this week - blecch!) so tonight will be my last "Lucky Tiki Sunday" for a while. Well, at least until I have another Monday off...

Hope to see all y'all!

STELLA!!!!!!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation