FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events DJ Lee's Exotica Night at The Lucky Tiki, every Sunday starting April 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
DJ Lee's Exotica Night at The Lucky Tiki, every Sunday starting April 3
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 02:05 am   Permalink

This was my best time at the Lucky Tiki thus far! We had a great turnout, lots of fun folks, and as TG said, great conversations. I feel so fortunate to have such an immersive tiki joint so close to home. Hanford's got a bunch of pics on his camera, but he's not quite in the same rhythym that I am re: taking & uploading & posting. I'm just going to have to start bringing my own camera out to events again.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2005-05-30 02:25 am   Permalink

Humu underestimates me ....

Photos from Lucky Tiki

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 02:27 am   Permalink

Are you guys at oppsite sides of the living room again?

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 02:30 am   Permalink

I love the fact that it looks like the homeboy is giving me the two fingers behind the head thingy! Thats me giving myself a rude salute!!!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGardener on 2005-05-30 02:41 ]

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2005-05-30 02:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-30 02:27, TikiGardener wrote:
Are you guys at oppsite sides of the living room again?

living room?.... No.

Great meeting you TG ... a highlight of the night for sure.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 02:56 am   Permalink

Hey Lee, if they ever need a dj for another night, lemme know, I'd dig spinnin a slab o' wax or three there. And you can come by and bug me to play stuff...turnabout is fair play.

PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 07:49 am   Permalink

Indeed it was a rockin' and exotic night at the L.T.!! Great music by Lee, great people - just a great tiki bar!! Can't remember having a Sunday night filled with more great, varied conversations - better drinks (good job keeping my mug filled with Mai Tais, Susy!) or more fun! Thanks to the SoCal ohana for coming out so strong. Great meeting Kirby, Kick the Reverb (all the way from San Diego - and 'Mrs. Kick', too!) and Tiki Gardener! And the cast of regulars, of course!! Great pics, Hanford!

Hiltiki - aren't you sorry you didn't go! Missed ya!

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 10:42 am   Permalink

Thanx alot gardener,hanford,J.P.,humumumu,pape,reverb everyone else and of course dj lee. I had a great time, music was awsome, and the company was second to none. Oh yeah thanx lucky tiki for my huge headache this morning it feels great...kirby on the flip side

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 7:25 pm   Permalink

We had a blast, I think we couldn't have picked a better night to go. Great company,tunes, and drinks. The place looks really great and is the perfect size for a bar. Thanks for posting the pics everyone. Special thanks to Jonpaul and Marie, without their hospitality we couldn't have made it.
I wish it wasn't so far away for us. DJLee sure knows his stuff, and I would have liked to able to enjoy the tune selection more often.
Anyway, see you all next time,

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 8:35 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-31 2:22 pm   Permalink

My wife and I were there that night. In fact that's us in Pic # 0483!!! We had a wonderful night!! Since we didn't have work on monday, we finlly got to stay longer and listen to the tunes!

Thank's DJLee for playing the Robert Drasnin!!!!!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-31 3:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-31 14:22, Digitiki wrote:
My wife and I were there that night. In fact that's us in Pic # 0483!!! We had a wonderful night!! Since we didn't have work on monday, we finlly got to stay longer and listen to the tunes!

Thank's DJLee for playing the Robert Drasnin!!!!!

I just looked at that pic. Yep - looks very familiar!! That's just about how blurry my vision really was at that hour!!

(Seriously, Hanford (and Humu) - thanks for documenting a great night!)

[ This Message was edited by: PapeToaTane on 2005-05-31 15:54 ]

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-31 5:46 pm   Permalink

i should be diving back from SF after a weekend of Ape'in it up.... so Lucky Tiki on Tiki Night for the first time for me!!!!!!!!

hope to see all there again......... how do i get the rest of the way down to OC after a long day of driving and a few Mai tais??????

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-31 6:08 pm   Permalink

"if you cant drive strait drive real fast" thats a quote from a lucky tikier but i wont say who...kirby

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-04 03:38 am   Permalink

(Apologies, in advance, for the under 48 hour notice.)

Oaktiki and I are aiming for this Sunday night(June 5th!) at the Lucky Tiki as part of our California (Mostly) Coastal Crawl. This will probably be about the best chance to catch us in the L.A. area.

We're really looking forward to a night filled with Tiki goodness!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation