FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » DJ Lee's Exotica Night at The Lucky Tiki, every Sunday starting April 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
DJ Lee's Exotica Night at The Lucky Tiki, every Sunday starting April 3
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 4:49 pm   Permalink

Me, too, mrsmiley - to warp an old saying:

"I'm not as good as I once was - but I'm as good once as I ever was!"

I had no gas left after Saturday....I hate to miss DJLee and the regulars (and you, too!) - but I could not answer the bell!

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 2:50 pm   Permalink

Smaller crowd, but an enjoyable time nonetheless! Nice cameo by Futura Girl and CB Howlie (that's 2 nights in a row!) Padre - where were you? I fully expected that after "sleeping it off in the church", you would have recovered from the night before and be good to go! Ah well, there's always next week, eh? Yes, I think I may just make this my regular Sunday night thang, at least for the summer (Suzy, I'd make the drive just to chat with you at the bar - you're the best! Oh, and DJLee, you're no slouch yourself...) Of course, one of these days I am going to have to try one of the Lucky Tiki's legendary drinks, but when they've got Stella Artois on tap (and served in the proper glass, no less), it will be tough to pull me away from the brew!

So - who's on for the 17th?
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 5:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]

So - who's on for the 17th?

Dr. Z, it's great to see you at the bar! As stated, teachers get my utmost respect. Of course I'll be there, I hope Pops can make it! Damn, the DJ shoppe is closed and I keep forgetting to get those 45 adaptors! Last week I forgot the box of CDs but will remember to bring 'em this week so we can go modern. BTW Thanks Kirby for bringing by cool tunes! See you Sunday!
www.dionysusrecords.com

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 5:58 pm   Permalink

We'll likely be there.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 9:12 pm   Permalink

Papa Scott, checking in. Great little blurb/review of DJLee's Wednesday Bigfoot gigs in this week's LA Weekley - and - Lucky Tiki Sundays get a mention as well!!

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-17 11:30 pm   Permalink

sorry guys, I couldnt make it tonight,
I had a lot of stuff to do, but I was there last night, hopefully that makes up for it.. Im not sure if ill make it next week either but we will see.. have fun peeps ...kirby

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 07:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-17 23:30, kirby wrote:
I had a lot of stuff to do, but I was there last night, hopefully that makes up for it.. Im not sure if ill make it next week either but we will see.. have fun peeps ...kirby

Well, I'm sure you'll hear from everybody all about your younger "twin brother" who was there. Seriously, guys (Lee, Suzy, Dr. Z., Spermy, Mrs. Whale??)....am I lying??

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 09:47 am   Permalink

Sorry we didn't make it, guys -- the siren call of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary was too strong.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 9:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-18 07:59, PapeToaTane wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-07-17 23:30, kirby wrote:

Well, I'm sure you'll hear from everybody all about your younger "twin brother" who was there. Seriously, guys (Lee, Suzy, Dr. Z., Spermy, Mrs. Whale??)....am I lying??

YES, IT WAS KIRBY'S YOUNGER TWIN "EVIL" (he was wearing a black T shirt) BROTHER! AND HIS NAME IS KEVIN! MUST BE SEEN TO BE BELIVED (yeah like Pops is going to LIE about some guy that looks like Kirby showing up to the bar?) I think he is going to come back next week! He has to because I'll clear memory off the digital card for this one! The parallel universe exists in Granada Hills...

www.dionysusrecords.com

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 9:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-18 09:47, Humuhumu wrote:
Sorry we didn't make it, guys -- the siren call of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary was too strong.

Was it a blast? Did ya sneak a flask of rum into the park?
www.dionysusrecords.com

kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 10:41 pm   Permalink

You guys are freakin me out, a "bizaro kirby" and his name is kevin, oh man, DONT BUY IN TO HIS POWERS,Next thing your gonna tell me is suzy has an evil twin mixing drinks with viniger and sour crout juice, Dj Lee has one spinning polka, and the good father-tiki has one thats out drinking and partyin all hours of the night.( scratch that last one, he already does that). Just Remember im ith O.G.

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 4:54 pm   Permalink

I'll be at the Lucky Tiki tonight to celebrate the launch of my new website, Ooga-Mooga:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15760&forum=1&0

Come on out and help us celebrate!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 5:00 pm   Permalink

Oh....OK. I'll go.

DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 4:15 pm   Permalink

Hi, it's been a while since I've posted anything but the reality...there are so many portals for communication (my email box, plus stuff from other email accounts and no less than four Myspace accounts including a personal one and others I manage for publicity) that I'm on total overload.

Wish I could have made Dr. Z's party and the event in Hollywood but my weekends are pretty packed as it is (Velvet Hammer last Friday) and I am rehearsing for a show next Saturday at The Scene.

Lucky Tiki Sunday was great! Kirby and Cheri were there along wtih a group of people who came out to hear music...not Tiki Centralites but people with good musical taste nonetheless! I played more surf than ususal.

Anyway, with a fresh pair of stylus' and some more new records in hand, I hope to see some of you next Sunday!

Best
Lee
www.dionysusrecords.com

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-03 4:44 pm   Permalink

Lee - I'll be in town next weekend (August 12-14) for Club Satisfaction on Friday. The Scene you mentioned - is that on Saturday the 13th., and what's that all about?

Most likely I'll visit the Lucky Tiki on Sunday the 14th., so save some good records for next week! I have to work Mondays so I'll just drive back to the Bay Area early Monday morning.

Last Sunday after the Egyptian theatre event I went to see the Dave and Deke Combo and the Lucky Stars at the Derby. I left at 1:40AM when the show ended and started driving north. I got past the grapevine but the long straight stretch of I-5 started to lull me to sleep so I got a room for a few hours of sleep. I still managed to get up at 8:00 and made it to work by noon!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation