FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ General Tiki ╗ ╗ 1960s Tiki Erotica (WARNING: NUDITY)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 Next Page )
1960s Tiki Erotica (WARNING: NUDITY)
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-03 10:29 pm   Permalink

The Royal Polynesians Featuring Carles Mauu
EP: Polynesia !
(Japan King Capitol CEB-88) Early 60's
Japanese King Records EP.

Guitare Hawa´enne
Harry Hougas et son ensemble
Label : DISQUES DOM - 70s
A Side : blue - bonnet - rag / marinella / jambalaya / brazil / le chant du gardian / le petit train
B side : volga, volga, soulico / la paloma / les yeux noirs / sleep walk / o sole mio / beer barel polka

Artist: THE ISLANDERS & THE WAIKIKI 12
Title: HAWAIIAN PARADISE
YEAR: 1970
Company: BOULEVARD
Number: 4003

[ This Message was edited by: martian-tiki 2010-06-03 23:05 ]

View Profile of martian-tiki Send a personal message to martian-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-04 9:49 pm   Permalink

From the thread Origin of early Trader Vic's logo Tiki found!
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=24081&forum=1&vpost=306241&hilite=pad
[quote]
On 2007-05-14 11:23, bigbrotiki wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

On 2007-05-13 22:05, SoccerTiki wrote:
Would that book be "Arts of the South Seas", 1946 Museum of Modern Art, New York???

I am confused about this question. Are you saying it IS in that book? If so, I can't find it in there...
I thought it would be clear that "Arts of The South Seas" would be the first book where I would look, as well as "Oceanic Art" (1954), and I would have found it in their pages. These two books were used quite a bit by 50s/60s Tiki temple designers and Tiki carvers, because they were among the earliest out there when the trend took off. But by the end of the 50s/early 60s there were many more Oceanic/primitive art books available, just look at this:

...No!, not THIS, but THAT :

In this impressive book shelf we find the titles "Oceanic Sculpture", "Art of the South Pacific Islands", "Folk Art of Oceania", "Native art of the Pacific something", "The Arts of The South Pacific", and lots more Primitive Art books. I don't even have half of these. Nor do I have that lamp...
Is there anything else? Oh yeah, the above photo also proves that research CAN be fun, and that if you were a primitive/modern art coinoisseur in the 60s, you had nekkid chicks hanging out around your pad.

BUT back to the Logo Tiki at hand: He made his first appearance as early as 1955, (that is the copyright on the Traders Beverly Hills menu), when most of these books weren't around yet. So the fact that he is NOT in the two first mentioned, early Oceanic Art books makes it very likely that he was either
A) in an early 50s DeYoung Museum catalog,
B) in an SF newspaper Magazine article about the museum or the Oceanic Art trend, or
C) even owned (and later bestowed to the museum) by the Trader himself.

If a local TCer would go to the De Young museum library/archive, and search and ask them for the history of that Tiki and any pre '55 catalogs/publications, we might find out more.

After I realized there was more in that picture besides the books I noticed other things in the photo.
For example it appears that that is a gazelle or antelope hide on the floor.

Note the similarity to the gazelle hides I used in that science fiction movie I was involved with.

I wonder is there any information to go with the photo?

Since there likely isn't - I'll contribute a theory on
this oceanic books mystery.

I'd guess the woman whose legs are blocking the view of some of the books is
Maria McNeal. Though obviously she may just be very similar to Maria McNeal?
This is the sort of thing scientific debate will help solve.

From an auction specifically stating the name.

And I suspect this is her also
from Modern Man Deluxe Quarterly - Winter 1973
which is the sort of publication I'd guess the Oceanic Art books images originally appeared.

[ This Message was edited by: martian-tiki 2010-06-04 22:09 ]

View Profile of martian-tiki Send a personal message to martian-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-06 1:59 pm   Permalink

Firstly this is an example of something from the wrong decade for this thread.

Secondly this is an example of a POOR editorial decision.
See text accompanying photos.

Thirdly Blond Hula girls must have some sort of evolutionary advantage because they are photographed more often than bigfoot - or migrate to sunny locations from their frozen northern homelands - it doesn't make biological sense at all.

This is a photo from the UNPUBLISHED Play-mate year 2000 calendar. (model Laura Cover)
Note this one has a tiki in the background..pay attention!

And this is from the published one. Where's the colorful tiki?
Even the green mug is more obscured in this one.

Original files and the nontiki material conveniently
uploaded here
http://www.martiantiki.com/pm2000call/

PS this was found on some obscure hungarian message board
(warning - this is adult)
http://sztar.com/kulfoldi-hiressegek-talalt-kepek/70854-hivatalos-playboy-topik-633.html

[ This Message was edited by: martian-tiki 2012-06-02 20:18 ]

martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-06 8:30 pm   Permalink

Escapade February 1957 Volume 11 Number 5

Article profiling the drinks at The Luau in Beverly Hills operated by Steve Crane. The cover model is Nicki Gibson.

High resolution scans at
http://www.martiantiki.com/escapade-feb1957/

BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 08:38 am   Permalink

the single greatest post in TC history! thanks Sabu...i feel infinitely more informed about all things tiki. there is def a painting or 2 there!!

Mahalo!

Mr. Toe

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-12 11:33 am   Permalink

_To the memories of my Father Playboy Collection, and I think he knew I was reading them. They bring out the 13 year old in me.________________
Keep the Faith

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2010-06-13 23:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2010-06-13 23:14 ]

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-12 4:49 pm   Permalink

Regretably the girl with the lucky tiki appears to be an early silicone INJECTION adopter.

Modern Man
October 1966 Volume 16 Number 4
Model Julie Paradise (or Judy Paradise in the article text! probably someone's handwriting wasn't legible in the printing office)

Higher resolution scans at
http://www.martiantiki.com/modernmanoct1966/

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-12 5:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-15 23:56, christiki295 wrote:
Red for Valentine's day!

Is this the same model?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-12 8:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-12 17:26, christiki295 wrote:

Is this the same model?
[/quote]

Yes, even more importantly it is the same tiki.

[edit might as well include her other picture from the early pages of the thread]

[ This Message was edited by: martian-tiki 2010-06-12 20:52 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-12 8:53 pm   Permalink

Looks like early breast implants too!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-12 9:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-12 20:53, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Looks like early breast implants too!

Actually silicone injections came before silicone implants. From the literature of the time this seems to have been something of an underground procedure too at first. The health effects surely were severely negative - though obviously got nowhere near the same press / class action lawsuit status that implants did - perhaps because it was so underground.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_implant
History

Implants have been used since at least 1895 to augment the size or shape of women's breasts. The earliest known implant was attempted by Vincenz Czerny, using a woman's own adipose tissue (from a lipoma, a benign growth, on her back).[1] Gersuny tried paraffin injections in 1889, with disastrous results. Subsequently, in the early to mid-1900s, a number of other substances were tried, including ivory, glass balls, ground rubber, ox cartilage, Terylene wool, gutta-percha, Dicora, polyethylene chips, polyvinyl alcohol-formaldehyde polymer sponge (Ivalon), Ivalon in a polyethylene sac, polyether foam sponge (Etheron), polyethylene tape (Polystan) or strips wound into a ball, polyester (polyurethane foam sponge) Silastic rubber, and teflon-silicone prostheses.[2] In recent history, various creams and medications have been used in attempts to increase bust size. Furthermore, Berson in 1945 and Maliniac in 1950 performed a flap-based augmentation by rotating the patient's chest wall tissue into the breast to add volume. Various synthetics were used throughout the 1950s and 1960s, including silicone injections, which an estimated 50,000 women received.[3] Development of silicone granulomas and hardening of the breasts were in some cases so severe that women needed to have mastectomies for treatment. Women sometimes seek medical treatment for complications up to 30 years after receiving this type of injection.[citation needed]

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 12:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-12 20:45, martian-tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-12 17:26, christiki295 wrote:

Is this the same model?

Yes, even more importantly it is the same tiki.

[edit might as well include her other picture from the early pages of the thread]

[ This Message was edited by: martian-tiki 2010-06-12 20:52 ]
[/quote]

Of course, the same tiki.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJKen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-03 02:00 am   Permalink

WOW! That took some time to sift through...WHEW!

(but well worth it, ya gotta love them 60's redheads, er...I mean tikis...)

I am going to ask my Mom about a picture my Dad once showed me From when he was in the Marines of his best friend standing next to a topless native girl when they were on the island of Apemama (it's part of the Tarawa Atoll), during WWII. If she has it, I'll scan it and post it.

Ken

http://www.djken.com

(714) 686-8397
A Budhist walks up to a hotdog vendor and says "Make me one with everything".

View Profile of DJKen Send a personal message to DJKen  Email DJKen Goto the website of DJKen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-05 04:18 am   Permalink

For larger versions of images in this post see
http://www.martiantiki.com/latedate-v2n3/

Late Date
Volume 2 Number 3

This issue of Late Date is quite interesting from a film perspective in addition to the tiki material this forum is interested in. Unlike the lucky tiki this fellow appears to be a frustrated suffering bastard.

The beehived cover model is Vicky Rein who stared in a number of sexploitation movies including William
Rotsler's "Girl With The Hungry Eyes", Russ Meyer's "Common Law Cabin", Mondo Keyhole.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0717870/

Both models appeared in "My Tale is Hot" as I recall.

Additionally there is a pictorial of Jackie De Witt and Althea Currier - stars of "Kiss Me Quick" a monster nudie cutie spoofing Dr Strangelove, Frankenstein, and Stan Laurel.

It is very possible this photoshoot was done by William Rotsler, who has a science fiction fanzine scan a few posts back. All of the above models I know are associated with him as he was often the set photographer on sexploitation movies.
This issue also has a pictorial that is his that features a painting of his on the wall (which demonstrates where my misplaced attention goes.)

The model's real name is Wendy Wyatt.

--
Madcap
Volume 2 Number 2

This issue features more of Wendy Wyatt. Additionally it features a polynesia themed burlesque dancer that is more interesting perhaps for contrasting modern and ancient asthetic tastes - and demonstrates not all 1960s models looked as good as Wendy. Censorship observers may find it interesting how her clothing is often drawn in. Other interesting pictorials include actress Cathy Crowfoot who was also in several of the above mentioned movies. Actress Nadejda Dobrev from Ed Wood's Orgy of the Dead also appears.

[ This Message was edited by: martian-tiki 2010-07-05 04:28 ]

martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 03:08 am   Permalink

Another image of Wendy Wyatt and the Suffering Bastard.
found on the linked website (which is an "adult" site so use appropriate caution. There's also a few pictures of her with Vicky the actress cover model.)

http://www.myarchives.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=695

A cover of Les Girls - apparently a 1960's magazine, also found on the above site in another section

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation