FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 11:22 pm   Permalink

I was able to get through right at 9:00 and got 2 shirts and a watch.

Does anyone have a picture of the watch?
I have never spent $100 on a watch that I had no idea what it looked like.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 04:12 am   Permalink

The items are up on line now. link

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiCutie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-15 06:25 am   Permalink

Hey Barkerbird! We (castmembers) get a discount? You mean I can buy this stuff AND groceries this week?

Tikicutie

View Profile of TikiCutie Send a personal message to TikiCutie  Email TikiCutie Goto the website of TikiCutie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 07:13 am   Permalink

All the items are up and available on the website now. I got the Trinket Box ticket booth, therefore the wrath of the Tiki Gods I scheduled for today will be cancelled. All is well.

Man, the Jungle cruise harmony kingdom box piece is cool too. $100 bucks seems a little steep, but it looks really detailed and cool. I need to hit the lotto.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 07:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-14 22:16, BarkerBird wrote:
This sucks.

BB - try again today (but call the number - don't just go online). Kevin informed me that Disney Direct only ordered 300 of the 500 made, so you might still have a shot. But I would call as soon as you can today. Perhaps you can get it on back order.

Also - Kevin & Jody informed me yesterday that the other version of the Host Shirt - the green one (which is equally as cool) will go on sale next Spring. Hopefully, more than 500 will be made this time around!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BarkerBird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 07:44 am   Permalink

I just ordered the shirt online. Whew.

The gods have been angered by all the celebrating at my house.

Yep, TikiCutie. If you get a normal castmember discount at disney store, then you can get it online. You have to create a castmember membership. I forget how I did it. But I get a healthy discount.

View Profile of BarkerBird Send a personal message to BarkerBird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 08:42 am   Permalink

Just got off the phone with DisneyDirect, and was able to get a Host shirt in XL. There are still some available! It was really easy... thanks for the links and phone numbers!

Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 08:45 am   Permalink

Just this minute went to disneydirect.com and got an XXL. The site said XL was out of stock.

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 09:23 am   Permalink

I called last night at 9pm Pacific time and after being on hold for 15 mins a woman answered and when I tried to order the shirts she said their is no item # and they aren't available until the 18th! I asked if she was sure because I had some very specific information that they are now on sale. She said not until next week. I called a friend to see if he had heard of any updates and he said no-but suggested I call back and press the issue more and talk to a supervisor. (Thanks, TikiHula!!)
I called back was on hold for three minutes and the guy that answered knew all about the shirts and completed my order no problem!!! ZAZZ!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 12:08 pm   Permalink

See - typical Disney!

My friend really wanted a Jungle Cruise boat & was told last night they were sold out. I suggested he try again this morning - and he may be getting one now.... So give it another try. If you get a cast member who knows what they are doing, you may get lucky....

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 5:11 pm   Permalink

anybody know what the deal is with the prices!?

why is the jungle cruise boat now $299 when the catalog lists it as $179?

what gives?

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiTikiRoom

Posted: 2005-07-15 5:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-15 17:11, tiki1963 wrote:
anybody know what the deal is with the prices!?

why is the jungle cruise boat now $299 when the catalog lists it as $179?

what gives?

It was up all morning as unavailable for $299. But by the afternoon (and now) it is available and $179.

View Profile of TikiTikiTikiRoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiTikiRoom      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 6:03 pm   Permalink

Smiley, glad you got one of the shirts- persistence pays off again

All I can say is Tangaroa lamp....can't wait for next month!!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 6:17 pm   Permalink

All I know is that I'm still waiting to see the pics of this "supposed" 1957 Jungle Cruise Vulture that Tangaroa "supposedly" has. So, it's been like a week now?

Oh, and BarkerBird, I sent you a PM.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiTikiRoom

Posted: 2005-07-15 8:08 pm   Permalink

The Jungle Cruise boat is listed on the Adventureland page as $179 still, but they changed the price to $299 again on the product page. Weird.

View Profile of TikiTikiTikiRoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiTikiRoom      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation