FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 6:39 pm   Permalink

Don't worry - I'll remind everyone again.....

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-31 11:42 am   Permalink

Once again, much mahaloz for all of the info on this, Tangaroa!!! I'm sure I speak for a lot of people here when I say that we'd probably have a lot less of this in our collections if it wasn't for you! Or be forced to go through the ebay shark route. Once again, an awesome list of stuff (I wish I could afford to buy it all) - thank you!!! (although my fiance and my bank account aren't thanking you)

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-31 12:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-31 11:42, Mai Tai wrote:I'm sure I speak for a lot of people here when I say that we'd probably have a lot less of this in our collections if it wasn't for you!

Well - I'm trying to get the people who let Kevin and Jody design this stuff to realize that there is a demand for quality products that celebrate the history of Disneyland - I'd love to see more of it produced (as opposed to more snowglobes, and the like that few people want)!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joefla70
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-31 1:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-31 12:10, Tangaroa wrote:
Well - I'm trying to get the people who let Kevin and Jody design this stuff to realize that there is a demand for quality products that celebrate the history of Disneyland - I'd love to see more of it produced (as opposed to more snowglobes, and the like that few people want)!

If those tiki drummers sell out in a day, I would hope that the people would realize the great demand and let Kevin and Jody make more! I would certainly buy them!

Is there any talk about Kevin and Jody making other larger scale Enchanted Tiki Room items such as the drummer? Like maybe full-sized (or large sized) replicas of the garden tiki gods, or of the animated tiki totems inside? How cool would it be to have a wall plaque that had moveable faces and a button you could push so it would sing the Hawaiian war chant! I wish that my Enchanted Tiki Room big fig had a button that made it play the Enchanted Tiki Room theme song (or at least a portion of it). I actually rigged up something so it would do that.

Another question... How come only Disneyland items are being made? Being from South Florida, I have been to the Enchanted Tiki Room at Disney World a hundred times. But I have never been to one at Disneyland. They are very different. Come to think of it, how come there is no Tangaroa or the other garden tikis at the Disney World tiki room?

View Profile of joefla70 Send a personal message to joefla70  Email joefla70     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-31 1:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-31 12:10, Tangaroa wrote:

Yes, I agree - there is a demand for quality products like these - they could sell this stuff all day long, all year long, at Disneyana, the Disney Gallery, online, etc. In my opinion an item like this would be special to the purchaser because it would be both viewed as something purchased at Disneyland as a reminder of their vacation, and a quality product that also celebrates the history of Disneyland. There's obviously a market for lots of cheap plastic trinkets with a Disney sticker on them - mainly for kids, but there is also a market for more quality collectable goods for adults as well. Disneyana and the Disney Gallery wouldn't still be around if there wasn't a market for this stuff.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-31 4:22 pm   Permalink

Disney's put out ads for the merchandise, you can see all of them at dizhub.com. Here's Kevin & I in our shirt & dress!

There's a lot of cool stuff in this round, the Monsanto House of the Future is really neat, and I really love Kevin's vintage logo design shirt.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-31 4:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-31 13:08, joefla70 wrote:
Another question... How come only Disneyland items are being made?

Because we are celebrating Disneyland's 50th until July 17 2006....

But I would love to see a Horizons model!

Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 7:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-31 13:08, joefla70 wrote:
Come to think of it, how come there is no Tangaroa or the other garden tikis at the Disney World tiki room?

We got a more traditional pre-show with Clyde and Seymour (lurk...lurk...lurk) instead of the gods, I'm assuming because there was budget for it by 1970.

You'll be happy to know that all of the tiki gods are living happily at the Polynesian Resort with a bunch of new friends. The Tangaroa Terrace in particular has an incredible amount of carved pillars in what looks like Marc Davis' style and two huge figural poles in the lobby.

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gwenners
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-06 08:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-31 16:22, Humuhumu wrote:
Disney's put out ads for the merchandise, you can see all of them at dizhub.com. Here's Kevin & I in our shirt & dress!

Well... I know where I'll be at 12:01 p.m. then. I simply *must* have that dress.

The house o' the future also rocks -- though the thing I would have loved to see would be a "mighty microscope."

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

View Profile of gwenners Send a personal message to gwenners  Goto the website of gwenners     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 3:24 pm   Permalink

I don't think my girl would wear the dress. She's more of the pink pedal pushers type... but it looks fab on TC's resident hipster heartthrob; Humu! Too cute! It's good to know there are still a few woman out there who know which pumps to pair with a Trader Vic's coconut mug and a bamboo purse!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gwenners
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-06 3:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-06 15:24, hodadhank wrote:
I don't think my girl would wear the dress. She's more of the pink pedal pushers type... but it looks fab on TC's resident hipster heartthrob; Humu! Too cute! It's good to know there are still a few woman out there who know which pumps to pair with a Trader Vic's coconut mug and a bamboo purse!

Oh, I've lusted after that ETR dress for a good, long time (as Michelle knows). I *will* have to find some gold shoes for it, though.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

View Profile of gwenners Send a personal message to gwenners  Goto the website of gwenners     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 5:13 pm   Permalink

Those shoes have been a big hit every time I've worn them; Disney specifically asked that I bring them to the photo shoot. I found them brand new for only $5 at an Aardvark, they were an overstock item!

I've been getting lots of PMs asking about how the sizes run, so I thought I'd post it for all to see -- both the dress and the shirt seem to run big. Kevin's size small shirt was a bit too big for him, he thought it was closer to a size medium. My dress is a size small, and if you could see the back of it in that photo, you'd see all the pins they used. I'm usually too small for a (modern) size small anyhow, but I'd say it's big even for a modern small. Here are the approximate measurements of my dress when laid out flat (double the numbers for the measurement):

Bust: ~18-19" across
Hips: ~25" across

Hope that's helpful for those of you who'll be ordering tonight at midnight!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 5:30 pm   Permalink

ALERT: I just ordered the drummer. I called 800-237-5751 to ask what time zone applied (central, the operator said, to my surprise) and was told that if I had the item number, 96004-S36, I could order. I did so and got a confirmation number.

I hope this isn't a Disney glitch and that the order is valid. With shipping, it came to $206.07; I was told it is back-ordered and that the ship date is April 21. The operator did ask about a number on the back of the paper catalog, which I do not have, but when I supplied the item number he said thats all they needed.

I didn't ask about the other items, sorry...was taken aback by the news that I could order the drummer.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 5:52 pm   Permalink

I just ordered my drummers and my dress.

dizhub.com has all the catalog numbers.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 6:00 pm   Permalink

order away.

2 shirts en route to my home

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation