FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Tikis-R-Go
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-13 12:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks again Tangaroa for all the cool info!

View Profile of Tikis-R-Go Send a personal message to Tikis-R-Go  Email Tikis-R-Go     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BarkerBird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 12:00 pm   Permalink

Tangaroa,

You say in your article that the Tomorrowland stuff goes on sale May 1.

Is that when it all goes on sale? Or just some things? When, for instance, is the Shirt going to be on sale? I'm getting THAT day one. Why a limited edition of 500 escapes me, given that there are over 3000 members of Tiki Central.

[ This Message was edited by: BarkerBird on 2005-04-15 12:02 ]

View Profile of BarkerBird Send a personal message to BarkerBird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 2:04 pm   Permalink

BB- all the release dates are listed before the items in this line of the post:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=13912&forum=1&vpost=149903

The Tiki Room repro Hawaiian shirt goes on sale July 15....

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 2:18 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa 2008-06-25 20:16 ]

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 12:52 pm   Permalink

Wowee! I guess I stumbled on this late, but better than never. Stunning work, Kevin and Jody. Of course, I'm not surprised. Everything I've seen come from your artistic and creative brains has been nothing short of fantastic. Congrats.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-26 5:50 pm   Permalink

Wheeeeooooo!
The limited edition "Disneyland Musical History" box set went on sale today - it was sold out on-line by 1pm!
That doesn't mean you can't still get the limited edition though - both Disneyland & Walt Disney World will be carrying some copies for sale at the parks - but I am unsure of how many - or when they will put them out.

You can still back order the set here:
http://disney.store.go.com/DSSearch.process?restartflow=t&CLK=DS_11776_SEARCH_FRM&Searchstr=61499

But bear in mind that despite what it says - it will be for a "non-limited" set - without the gold vinyl, and presentation box...

Still pretty cool though!

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa on 2005-04-26 17:51 ]

tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 03:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-26 17:50, Tangaroa wrote:
Wheeeeooooo!
The limited edition "Disneyland Musical History" box set went on sale today - it was sold out on-line by 1pm!
That doesn't mean you can't still get the limited edition though - both Disneyland & Walt Disney World will be carrying some copies for sale at the parks - but I am unsure of how many - or when they will put them out.

You can still back order the set here:
http://disney.store.go.com/DSSearch.process?restartflow=t&CLK=DS_11776_SEARCH_FRM&Searchstr=61499

But bear in mind that despite what it says - it will be for a "non-limited" set - without the gold vinyl, and presentation box...

Still pretty cool though!

warning...vent session here...

argh....i'll tell ya, i'm disgusted by all the hype and 'limited' nature of this stuff. disney has managed to extricate all the fun out of it by creating these ridiclous frenzies. why in the world this should be a limited edition i cannot fathom. none...i repeat, none of the old or vintage disneyland stuff we all love was 'limited'...that was the point of it. park merchandise was available to anyone at one time, as long as there was a market for it. i betcha more than half of the 5000 purchases were by profiteers looking to resell on ebay for three times the price, before they even get possession of the set.

also, disney releases false information about the release (first on the 24th, then on the 5th of may, and then on the 26th at midnite &!#%*#@!!) at what point is this supposed to be fun or catering to the fan?

i mean, hell, why not have rabid fans tie razor blades on their ankles and have them cock-fight for the set in Goofy's, Bounce House?

to be honest, i could care less for the set itself. it's the book i would find most interesting. the music will be on the newsgroups before you know it. i'm also sure in a month or so, you'll find all the hogs that bought ten copies selling them for less than cost on ebay when they realize the frenzy has died down. this happened with almost everything from these 'limited' events from the first haunted mansion and pirates to the tiki room/shag stuff.

i don't mean to sound like a sour puss here, it's just that i think the spirit behind the marketing and sales of this stuff (certainly not the creative, which i absolutely applaud mr. kidney and pals for) says a great deal about the walt disney company in general. and that also includes bad business practice...i mean, are they really doing their stock holders justice by putting this stuff out in such small numbers? especially when you find out that 'limited edition' is really a suggestion on their part. (pirates and mansion lithos that seem to never end from their original, 'limited' numbers).

this is why i like to stick to vintage stuff.

i dunno, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth which i think i'll wash out with a couple of chi-chi's!

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 07:25 am   Permalink

A couple of chi-chi's in my mouth always tastes better.

T

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 09:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-28 07:25, trustar wrote:
A couple of chi-chi's in my mouth always tastes better.

T

amen! it's 10AM in LA now...let's go!

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 10:58 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-04-28 03:14, tiki1963 wrote:
Quote:

i mean, hell, why not have rabid fans tie razor blades on their ankles and have them cock-fight for the set in Goofy's, Bounce House?

Bwahahahaha! That rules.

J- we must design this attraction as soon as possible! But only if hefty pin-lanyards are also allowed as weapons ala Spartacus..... I can see it all in my minds eye now!

tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 11:29 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-04-28 10:58, Tangaroa wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-04-28 03:14, tiki1963 wrote:
Quote:

Bwahahahaha! That rules.

J- we must design this attraction as soon as possible! But only if hefty pin-lanyards are also allowed as weapons ala Spartacus..... I can see it all in my minds eye now!

tang- that sounds like a plan...here's my pin-warrior. my money's on him. who do you offer as challenger?

Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 5:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-29 11:29, tiki1963 wrote:
tang- that sounds like a plan...here's my pin-warrior. my money's on him. who do you offer as challenger?

You will not defeat the mighty George!!!!

tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 5:43 pm   Permalink

[/quote]

You will not defeat the mighty George!!!!

[/quote]

yer on! i'll take a skinny fellow weilding sharp, metal collectables any day against fat, sweat and ink!

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-05-02 11:43 am   Permalink

May 2nd is here.
Round one of the anniversary artifacts are now on sale:
http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=14744

GO!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BarkerBird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 2:08 pm   Permalink

Excuse me if I'm unclear about the 2 versions of the box set of music.

It seems to me that the limited edition is the same as the unlimited, with the only difference being the COLOR of the cover of the book?!!?

What's the big deal about THAT? I don't care which one I get then. I'm gettin mine tomorrow and I'll post about it for you.

The difference seems minor. Very minor.

Now yeah, I'll swear up and down a blue streak if the limited edition keeps me from getting a Tiki Room host shirt.

View Profile of BarkerBird Send a personal message to BarkerBird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation