FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 06:27 am   Permalink

Good point - I wonder when the cast members started going "co-ed" on ETR...?

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rev. Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-13 10:48 am   Permalink

My green host shirt arrived Monday...and it is awesome!

View Profile of Rev. Tiki Send a personal message to Rev. Tiki  Goto the website of Rev. Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 2:47 pm   Permalink

My green host shirt arrived on Saturday!!! I couldn't believe it! I didn't ask for express shipping, and the free shipping is usually UPS ground, but somehow I lucked out. I must have gotten my order in on time to catch the last shipment out last Thursday. Also, maybe having it shipped to my P.O. Box had something to do with it as well? Maybe I just cashed in some good karma points for posting the 20% off coupon code on this thread. Who knows?

And I didn't even know about this until late Saturday evening, after getting home from Tiki Hula's party. My P.O. Box is close to his place, but instead of stopping there we decided to go straight home after the party because we were pretty tired. So I didn't pick up the shirt until Monday.

Other goodies in the box were the Vintage Logos shirt and the tin sign set. They are pretty damn cool. The tin sign set is much sturdier than I'd imagined - it's made out of a gauge that is pretty thick, so they are not going to flex at all, or bend easily. And there are some cool logos on that shirt! No drummer gods have arrived yet though - I'm guessing that those won't show up until early May.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 6:26 pm   Permalink

During the time period of the shirts, the Tiki Room would have been staffed with female employees. However, the pre show may have been staffed with guys who may have worn the shirts, as well as the employees of the Adventureland Bazaar. The images I remember seeing of employees wearing the shirts was of a couple of stock girls stocking the bazaar. The pictures are in black and white so I can't tell if it is the green or purple version of the outfits. The pictures are in a 1969 or 1970 Backstage Magazine.

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 4:39 pm   Permalink

Having just received the green shirt, I'm going to sell my pink one to pay for additional cool tiki items(my fiance says I'm obsessive). Rather than put it on eBay, I'll sell it for a reasonable price (covering my cost) on TC. It's a medium, worn once, great shape. Shipping is 5 bucks. PM me.

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 5:56 pm   Permalink

I'm in ..... Shirt and that waikiki version - for young BLUE.

thanks for the tip - They still have ALL mens shirt sizes as of posting - 4.17.06. thanks for the tip. I went with the 15% and free shipping saved me 6 bucks more than the 20% off- The 15% is on the site. Nice person at the ordering place did the math 20% and no free ship vers 15% and free shipping. I'll let you all know how quick it gets there! They said 7 - 9 days.

No we can all be twins at TC gatherings!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 10:18 pm   Permalink

I got my ETR shirt today! Woo hoo!! Unfortunately, I managed to 'forget' to tell the wahine that I ordered it, and when FedEx dropped the package off she got home before I did. She was less than pleased with the C-note price. Quote: 'I can't believe you paid $99.00 for this... then I saw the shipping and realized you paid even more than $99.00!' I had a lot of splaining to do over that one.

BTW... Disney's online store has to be one of the worst large online retail sites I've seen. They kept rejecting my order because I included spaces on my credit card number, gave an 'estimated' price which was lower than the final total, and their database couldn't give me an updated status of my order.

Lousy website, but great shirt!

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 06:00 am   Permalink

Here's an update on the Tiki drummers from Kevin: Since his department heads did not trust them to be the success they are (thanks to you all), they cautiously ordered less than half of their posted edititon number to be made, which has now sold. So everybody that orderd so far should get them within the 2 weeks they stated. But from now on the lag time from manufacture to shipping from China is a whopping 16 weeks!

Oh, and last night at the Tiki Ti I saw the Disneyland logo shirt that Kevin had with him for Tangaroa, and the colors and the look are so vintage cool, I had to order one too!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 07:07 am   Permalink

What's Kevin doing toting around my shirt with him at the Tiki Ti????

I'm actually more excited about the Disneyland logo shirt than the green one... Can't wait to see the drummers too!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 11:22 am   Permalink

I noticed that the web site is not using Humuhumu's picture for the dress anymore. Bummer! They are still using Kevin Kidney's pic for the Men's shirt, though.

These two are going to portray Hanford and Humu in "Tiki Central: The Movie"

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 2:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-20 11:22, Mai Tai wrote:
These two are going to portray Hanford and Humu in "Tiki Central: The Movie"

Unfortunately they'll probably get Bruce McGill to play me.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 3:07 pm   Permalink

As long as they don't get these two to play the leads:

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 4:25 pm   Permalink

Well, shoot. It was fun while it lasted! You can now how much better the other model fills the dress out.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 6:09 pm   Permalink

At least we have the other photos!

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa 2006-04-20 18:18 ]

Tangaroa Ed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-21 05:34 am   Permalink

Hey folks,

If you haven't ordered the items yet, another discount came up on the Disney site this morning.

From the main page there is a link to get $20 off any order over $80. Not as good as the 20% discount for the drummers, but it comes out to around the same amount for the shirts!

Mahalo!

View Profile of Tangaroa Ed Send a personal message to Tangaroa Ed  Email Tangaroa Ed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation