FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Tiki Flange
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 07:36 am   Permalink

Has anyone given any thought to motorizing the arms of the drummers so the move like they do in the Tiki Room?

View Profile of Tiki Flange Send a personal message to Tiki Flange  Email Tiki Flange     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 10:19 am   Permalink

Note; the dress is on SALE for $69.99 on disneydirect.com. Add 20% coupon for extra savings and if you buy more than $75.00 you get Free Shipping too!!! I think both the sale and coupon expire end of today May 25.

XL MEN'S shirts are sold out! Anyone want to trade their XL for my L or XXL?

The Disneyland Logo shirt is on sale too!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
QueenAlani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-31 3:33 pm   Permalink

I got a drummer and it's amazing - much bigger and heavier than I expected. They did an incredible job with it. It's on our stereo cabinet next to the futon in our living room. We had a guest staying over last weekend and he wouldn't let me leave the drum light on because it was too spooky.

View Profile of QueenAlani Send a personal message to QueenAlani      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 07:24 am   Permalink

Oh man! I've been out of the loop for a while, and I completely missed the fact that these were now for sale until today! Now I just need to wait till another coupon comes through, so I can buy the green host shirt. I've never worn the pink one I bought, even though I like it. I just couldn't bring myself to wear a $100 shirt. But if I ebay that one, and get one of the XXL green ones on a coupon, I can rationalize that the shirt cost less than $50, and is thus wearable.

I'd LOVE to have a pair of the drummers, as they are INCREDIBLE. I wish I hadn't missed that coupon that Mai Tai posted a couple months ago... This is what I get for not reading TikiCentral on a regular basis.

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-18 11:10 pm   Permalink

I'm finally returning to this thread with a photo of one of my tiki drummers mounted on the wall. Of course you can't tell that because I dropped out the background, but hey...enjoy anyways.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Enchanted Tiki Lounge

Posted: 2006-06-19 07:43 am   Permalink

The Tiki drummers are always cool. I carved one a while back and am going to add it into my bar currently in the works.

View Profile of The Enchanted Tiki Lounge Send a personal message to The Enchanted Tiki Lounge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 07:44 am   Permalink

I saw Kevin on the History Channel last night! He had one of the Barker Bird models behind him as he discussed the early history of Audio Animatronics.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 7:32 pm   Permalink

Well, I ordered one of the green shirts in XXL last night. With the 20%, free shipping, and no tax (wish they hadn't charged tax on my las order!), it was just under $80 shipped.

I'm likely going to sell my pink/purple host shirt (also XXL) on ebay to help defray the cost, and allow me to rationalize wearing a $100 shirt. I like the original one, but somehow I just can't quite bring myself to wear it outside the house. I think the green one will be just a bit better that way.

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 7:53 pm   Permalink

I also sold the pink one on ebay and am now the proud owner of the green one. Two bidders from Japan and Germany were in a bidding war for the pink one!

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-21 1:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-19 07:44, freddiefreelance wrote:
I saw Kevin on the History Channel last night! He had one of the Barker Bird models behind him as he discussed the early history of Audio Animatronics.

We watched that show, too. (Modern Marvel's Walt Disney World, right?) That wasn't Kevin, though, it was someone else. We did, however, see Chris Nichols on Food Network talking about McDonald's history last week. Wacky!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-09 3:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-21 13:59, Humuhumu wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-06-19 07:44, freddiefreelance wrote:

We watched that show, too. (Modern Marvel's Walt Disney World, right?) That wasn't Kevin, though, it was someone else. We did, however, see Chris Nichols on Food Network talking about McDonald's history last week. Wacky!

Oopsy! I rewatched the show & realized that I was wrong, and then read Humu's correction. Yep, I miswatched the show while under the influence of Stone Brewing. But, I also thought the woman in the ETR Dress at DisneyShopping.com was Ms. Humu for at least 5 minutes, too, and I first met her three years ago while in line for ETR 40th Anniversary items & I've seen pictures of her on a regular basis ever since, so I should know better than believe my eyes unless I get more than 5 minutes worth of glimpse of something while channel/web surfing.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coolbreeze

Posted: 2006-07-13 6:07 pm   Permalink

I know this is an OLD thread but I am frantically looking for help.

I found this fabulous dress that is made from the Enchanted Tiki Room fabric designed by Disneyland (as stated on tag)

What I can't figure out is whether it's the real deal sold at Disney in the mid 60's or was it part of a fabric package you bought with the label included and a person made whatever with it?

The dress is extremely well made and does not look homemade.

Any help much appreciated! I want to list on e bay but with better info to help authenticate any interested bidders!!

Thanks so much!

Christy

View Profile of coolbreeze Send a personal message to coolbreeze  Email coolbreeze     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coolbreeze

Posted: 2006-07-13 6:08 pm   Permalink

I guess it would help to have a picture!!! This is the original link to the thread on e bay. I am not home so no access to my pictures to link-there are several on this link:

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?messageID=2002914038&forumID=92&x#2002914038

View Profile of coolbreeze Send a personal message to coolbreeze  Email coolbreeze     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-14 08:24 am   Permalink

Looks original to me. The pretty much identical remakes have another tag in them stating that it is a limited edition of 500. They were only released in April of this year, and cost $99.00 (on sale for $69.00 right now though).

The green pattern dresses were made to be sold at Disneyland as a souvenir. It's the same pattern (but a different color) as what the Enchanted Tiki Room Hosts would wear.

They are pretty rare, from what I understand. And reasonably valuable.

Good find!

Chris

coolbreeze

Posted: 2006-07-14 10:40 am   Permalink

Thanks Kona Chris! I thought so. The label just says fabric exclusively made for Disneyland. I would have thought if made as a souvenir dress that it would have said dress made exclusively..not fabric. That's what threw me.

I am listing it on E Bay but without facts I didn't want to get hit with a complaint!

Thanks!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation