FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 1:00 pm   Permalink

Wow, P-p
I know that those little brown Joes (as I call them) were limited and cost alittle more but did they come with a tikitony picture inside. I didn't know that if they did and they should have if they didn't

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-25 4:41 pm   Permalink

What about the drinks???? Doesn't anyone care about the drinks??? hehehe

All unbroken mugs can be sent to me to be looked after.

View Profile of roadkutter Send a personal message to roadkutter  Email roadkutter Goto the website of roadkutter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 06:11 am   Permalink

My friends, come gather round and let me tell you a story. I must warn you, this tale does not end happily.

It was a cool Wisconsin morning. The wife had just left for work, and the children were restless, so I decided to direct their energy by playing a little music. As the young ones were dancing around the living room to a song by Tiki King and the Idol Pleasures, I smiled and looked on, filled with fatherly pride.

Then everything turned sour. I didn't notice at first, but the children's joyful dance had been slowly moving a case of CDROMs to the edge of our entertainment center. That's when it happened.

I watched in slow-motion horror as the CDs slipped off the shelf and crashed into the top of a very sentimental Chiki Tiki mug. The mug did not suffer damage at this point, but the momentum from the collision sent my helpless Chiki Tiki crashing into the floor.

All attempts at reconstruction failed. There was just too much damage. He has left our world.

[ This Message was edited by: finkdaddy on 2005-04-28 09:43 ]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 09:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-24 17:39, PolynesianPop wrote:

I bought one of those mugs at the Pa'ina and the first time I picked it up it fell apart in my hands. I was supposed to get a replacement in the mail along with the hand-painted print that goes along with it, but neither ever arrived. It was a lot of money spent on nothing.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 6:52 pm   Permalink

BUMP!

I remembered this thread as I experienced the misfortune of opening an eBay shipment yesterday and finding it only 50% intact. Yeah, it could have been worse. Unfortunately it is not yet a well-recognized FACT that if your packaging won't protect glassware from a fall down the stairs, it WON'T survive USPS. This coupled with the sad FACT that buyers value their purchases FAR more than sellers do leads to inevitable mug attrition.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amiotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 7:19 pm   Permalink

I hear and feel your pain...

About a month ago I bought a cool 6 piece set of tiki/tropical style glasses. I knew there was trouble when I saw the condition the box was in on my back deck...apparently my mailman is too lazy to drag his ass out of his car to walk a few steps to the deck, so he just pitched it out the window. Only 2 of the 6 glasses survived. Fortunately, the seller was a peach and refunded most of the purchase price (and I suspect he severely chastised whoever packed the glasses, too).

For the most part, however, I've been lucky so far...knock on tikiwood!

amiotiki

View Profile of amiotiki Send a personal message to amiotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-04 11:18 am   Permalink

This thread makes me wanna cry half the time and giggle the other half. Polypop you are killing me.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-07 11:17 am   Permalink

I bumped into a cd shelf in my office with my crutches trying to get to my computer, down came hundreds of cds, and broke the glass in 2 framed lobby cards, 2 Tommy Bahama mugs and this Tiki Farm shot mug.....

The wind took this Tiki Farm surfer/tiki plaque off the fence.....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-07 10:45 pm   Permalink

Holy Schnikees... YOU LOST A SURFIN' MOAI BRO!!! Man, that breaks my heart... damn!!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 3:51 pm   Permalink

Oh Sweet Leilanis, We seldom sing our praises of thee. You are the faithful ones. So unique yet so humble. Closer should we look to discover your varied beauty and usefulness. But alas, too late am I to reveal my feelings for thee. Why oh why did thou leave me?

Oh well, never mind, I'll just buy some more.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 3:53 pm   Permalink

OH MY GOD!!!!!

Not a Tiki Leilani! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Kill me now! Oh God I don't want to live!

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-11 08:57 am   Permalink

Yo 8ft! Here ya go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Five-Hawaii-Style-Tiki-Leilani-Beverage-Glasses_W0QQitemZ7737250704QQcategoryZ29460QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 2:18 pm   Permalink

Here is a classic that deserves a bump.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-08 10:48 am   Permalink

Cat.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-09 4:47 pm   Permalink

Poor Mr. Bali Hai. I found him today at the Rose Bowl Flea Market, but I tripped in my drive way. He never even made it into the house.

[ This Message was edited by: ookoo lady 2008-03-14 11:34 ]

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation